Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, joebabyny said:

Actually, he walked up to the register and stated "I am a season ticket holder and I'd like to apply the discount," to which the cashier said she didn't know how to verify that. It isn't on the customer to know how to jump through the hoops.

I'd argue that the poor minimum wage cashier isn't the one who should be educated on how to access season ticket holder perks.  That's on the season ticket holder.  I mean, it's common sense than any one of the 82,500 people in the stadium could claim to be a STH and deserving of a discount.

Either way, now you know.  Update your NY Jets app, log in to your Jets Rewards account on the Rewards tab, and next time you're in the Jets Shop just flash the QR code that comes up and you're all set.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joebabyny said:

This isn't about saving printing costs, and it is partly about data, but what it is REALLY about is the team and nfl controlling the secondary ticket market. They control and see where every ticket goes for the life of the ticket. They can make it difficult to sell in marketplaces where they don't want it sold, and can find ways to participate in profiting on the secondary market. 

This.  It allows the NFL to control which third-party ticket sites sell NFL tickets.  It also effectively eliminates counterfeiting.  Ticket scalpers are down to moving only parking passes and nothing else.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SAR I said:

This.  It allows the NFL to control which third-party ticket sites sell NFL tickets.  It also effectively eliminates counterfeiting.  Ticket scalpers are down to moving only parking passes and nothing else.

SAR I

SAR I with computer hacking involving major corporations and banks don't you think eventually hackers will find a way to counterfeit electronic digital tickets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I with computer hacking involving major corporations and banks don't you think eventually hackers will find a way to counterfeit electronic digital tickets. 

Sure, the real pro's will figure it out.

But I'm talking about the two-bit scalpers in the hoodies in the parking lots that used to be a fixture in Giants Stadium.  You don't see those guys anymore except by the entrances to the lots because the parking passes are the only physical tickets available to them.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Sure, the real pro's will figure it out.

But I'm talking about the two-bit scalpers in the hoodies in the parking lots that used to be a fixture in Giants Stadium.  You don't see those guys anymore except by the entrances to the lots because the parking passes are the only physical tickets available to them.

SAR I

Remember how they used to stand on the side of the ramp off of Rt 3 as you entered the stadium like vultures. 

I haven't seen the guys walking around collecting aluminum cans anymore either. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Remember how they used to stand on the side of the ramp off of Rt 3 as you entered the stadium like vultures. 

I haven't seen the guys walking around collecting aluminum cans anymore either. 

All we have to do now is get rid of the guys throwing footballs and drinking beer and we'll be all set.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I with computer hacking involving major corporations and banks don't you think eventually hackers will find a way to counterfeit electronic digital tickets. 

I don't know if it would be really profitable to do it.  That said, someone will figure it out.  I'd definitely avoid someone selling tickets, or anything else for that matter, who wants to be paid with Venmo or Zelle.  Only use those for people you know. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

All we have to do now is get rid of the guys throwing footballs and drinking beer and we'll be all set.

SAR I

Throwing footballs I agree especially the guys who cant catch or throw, drinking beer disagree unless of course they are out of control drunkards. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

All we have to do now is get rid of the guys throwing footballs and drinking beer and we'll be all set.

SAR I

I don't drink beer or any alcohol. I do have to say you are probably the only person that is less fun at parties than I am lol.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joebabyny said:

My phone did in fact die in the stadium, how will they account for that happening to people?

I have 2 season ticket accounts with 4 seats each. I am wondering how the app handles juggling 2 accounts?

Now that the tix will live on my phone, how do my guests have verification to ushers?

Am I going to have to pull out my phone and swipe around when going to my seats? That will be fun with 2 arm fulls of mediocre food and over priced beer.

This isn't about saving printing costs, and it is partly about data, but what it is REALLY about is the team and nfl controlling the secondary ticket market. They control and see where every ticket goes for the life of the ticket. They can make it difficult to sell in marketplaces where they don't want it sold, and can find ways to participate in profiting on the secondary market. 

I agree with all of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

What do I do if I run out of gas?  Are there gas stations in the parking lots?

Everyone needs to keep calling to complain.  Only way they will make a change.  

SAR I

Not all questions are bad faith. 

But I am curious: is there any ownership move you disagree with in the last five years?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jgb said:

Not all questions are bad faith. 

But I am curious: is there any ownership move you disagree with in the last five years?

Definitely.  I don't like the noodle salad they serve the VIP's at Florham Park.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't drink beer or any alcohol. I do have to say you are probably the only person that is less fun at parties than I am lol.

My BMW's don't deserve to be dented because some off-balance drunk from Merrick decides he wants to play catch with the guy listening to Molly Hatchet in Zubas in the adjacent illegal two-vehicles-wide parking space.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

My BMW's don't deserve to be dented because some off-balance drunk from Merrick decides he wants to play catch with the guy listening to Molly Hatchet in Zubas in the adjacent illegal two-vehicles-wide parking space.

SAR I

Are you still driving a 3 series? That probably costs less than the truck the guy throwing the football drove in. So he will be respectful even though his is bigger and more expensive.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SAR I said:

This.  It allows the NFL to control which third-party ticket sites sell NFL tickets.  It also effectively eliminates counterfeiting.  Ticket scalpers are down to moving only parking passes and nothing else.

SAR I

This still hasn’t told me why these clowns got rid of the rewards card 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, joebabyny said:

My phone did in fact die in the stadium, how will they account for that happening to people?

I have 2 season ticket accounts with 4 seats each. I am wondering how the app handles juggling 2 accounts?

Now that the tix will live on my phone, how do my guests have verification to ushers?

Am I going to have to pull out my phone and swipe around when going to my seats? That will be fun with 2 arm fulls of mediocre food and over priced beer.

This isn't about saving printing costs, and it is partly about data, but what it is REALLY about is the team and nfl controlling the secondary ticket market. They control and see where every ticket goes for the life of the ticket. They can make it difficult to sell in marketplaces where they don't want it sold, and can find ways to participate in profiting on the secondary market. 

They push too hard and folks stop getting season tickets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SAR I said:

My BMW's don't deserve to be dented because some off-balance drunk from Merrick decides he wants to play catch with the guy listening to Molly Hatchet in Zubas in the adjacent illegal two-vehicles-wide parking space.

SAR I

DON'T F-CK WITH MERRICK YOU BLOWHARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

DON'T F-CK WITH MERRICK YOU BLOWHARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn’t dare. Merrick is home to the majority of the cleaning girls and sex workers in the state.  

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I wouldn’t dare. Merrick is home to the majority of the cleaning girls and sex workers in the state.  

SAR I

Two things you can't live without?

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SAR I said:

My BMW's don't deserve to be dented because some off-balance drunk from Merrick decides he wants to play catch with the guy listening to Molly Hatchet in Zubas in the adjacent illegal two-vehicles-wide parking space.

SAR I

Dude. I never Bring one of my BMW's to games I have beater for events and things of the sort, you know like a station car that all my friends that commute into the city have. Try it you'll have '' no worries''.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

love my PRINTED tickets-I cant stomach preseason games so I give them to folks that I know will appreciate them-it was so easy this year-here are your printed tickets with your parking pass enjoy the game-

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SAR I said:

My BMW's don't deserve to be dented because some off-balance drunk from Merrick decides he wants to play catch with the guy listening to Molly Hatchet in Zubas in the adjacent illegal two-vehicles-wide parking space.

SAR I

poor baby.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Dude. I never Bring one of my BMW's to games I have beater for events and things of the sort, you know like a station car that all my friends that commute into the city have. Try it you'll have '' no worries''.

Driving through the yellow parking lots to get to the green lot is one of the best opportunities for others to be envious of ones BMW. I should not be denied that pleasure because a few drunks want to toss balls. 

SAR I

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Driving through the yellow parking lots to get to the green lot is one of the best opportunities for others to be envious of ones BMW. I should not be denied that pleasure because a few drunks want to toss balls. 

SAR I

So you want to get rid of all the beer drinkers and football tossers but crave their admiration while you drive through the yellow lot in your BMW? Not sure that.s the car that population would get too excited for. Go get a Ford Raptor for game days, you be legend. They might even introduce you to some of their cleaning lady friends who dabble in the prostitution on the side.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...