Jump to content

That was a joke- protect the franchise


Recommended Posts

I’m sorry but that was absolutely embarrassing today.

I couldn’t believe my eyes- free runners going at Darnold in a pre season game .

Multiple shots and our QB on his ass- in a pre season game.

Ridiculous- for what? To prove that the Jets can score on the Saints back ups? 

Look I’m super high on this regime by that wreckless by the coaches. You don’t expose your franchise QB to that situation in the pre season.

 

  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I’m sorry but that was absolutely embarrassing today.

I couldn’t believe my eyes- free runners going at Darnold in a pre season game .

Multiple shots and our QB on his ass- in a pre season game.

Ridiculous- for what? To prove that the Jets can score on the Saints back ups? 

Look I’m super high on this regime by that wreckless by the coaches. You don’t expose your franchise QB to that situation in the pre season.

 

I hear ya, Darnold looked like he was limping coming off the field after one hit. He stayed in one more series lead the team to a TD. Thankfully he’s fine, it’s a slippery slope for a HC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Larz said:

It was good protection save the one blown assignment. He played 1 drive after that 

the jets defense hit Matt Ryan worse and he stayed in the game 

its a contact sport 

It was dumb , and all you have to do is remember what happened to Mark Sanchez a couple years ago  late in a meaniless preseason game .    ( when he should have never been out there).        

Yes football is a contact sport, but why subject your franchise Qb getting hurt in games that doesn't  count- going to take enough shots when they start playing for real.. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

It was dumb , and all you have to do is remember what happened to Mark Sanchez a couple years ago  late in a meaniless preseason game .    ( when he should have never been out there).        

Yes football is a contact sport, but why subject your franchise Qb getting hurt in games that doesn't  count- going to take enough shots when they start playing for real.. 

And Bridgewater had a horrific, possible career ending knee injury during practice.  Maybe the NFL should ban practicing or outlaw running and hitting during practices.  

Someone gets hurt they shouldnt have played.  Wouldnt have gotten injured if they were on the bench.  Makes sense 🤔

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a tough situation. These guys have to get their work in and Sam is a 2nd year pro, and has played 13 NFL games to date. My thing is if you are going to put him out there, you have to have the starting OL (or as much as you possibly can) out there as well to make sure he survives which he did, barely; last night.  One roll up from another player and it is season over in August.

Trevor Hackensuck is god awful, and if we have to watch him play this season, it is going too be worse than anything we have seen in a long time around here.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

btw, i called for a cameo only appearance...   would been fine w. seeing him pulled after the 1st punt

And would have been wrong.

Darnold needed the snaps and the rest of the offense needed game snaps with Darnold.

Look at the pitiful excuse for football between Miami and FL last night to show you how good football is with nothing but practice time

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:
D3KBH3SRVJBJ5OP5RKNFMDF4NA.jpg
2 / 35

 

Pollack should have this picture on the film screen in the offensive line meeting room when they walk in with a big THIS SH*T CAN'T HAPPEN on the chalkboard. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Pollack should have this picture on the film screen in the offensive line meeting room when they walk in with a big THIS SH*T CAN'T HAPPEN on the chalkboard. 

Picture was supposed to show that this shouldn't be happening. 

Buttfumble? 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nico002 said:

I’m sorry but that was absolutely embarrassing today.

I couldn’t believe my eyes- free runners going at Darnold in a pre season game .

Multiple shots and our QB on his ass- in a pre season game.

Ridiculous- for what? To prove that the Jets can score on the Saints back ups? 

Look I’m super high on this regime by that wreckless by the coaches. You don’t expose your franchise QB to that situation in the pre season.

 

I wonder if he told his mommy on coach?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

That’s what drafting 3 OL in 5 years (and only 1 in the first three rounds) forces you to do.

Just our Luck that now the entire league will be going on an OL frenzy right at the same moment we need to

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Btw : this IS an illegal hit ... The defensive player is not allowed to slam his entire weight on the QB and drive him into the ground.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

Agree hate like hell seeing this happen to our franchise QB. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 6:07 AM, nico002 said:

I’m sorry but that was absolutely embarrassing today.

I couldn’t believe my eyes- free runners going at Darnold in a pre season game .

Multiple shots and our QB on his ass- in a pre season game.

Ridiculous- for what? To prove that the Jets can score on the Saints back ups? 

Look I’m super high on this regime by that wreckless by the coaches. You don’t expose your franchise QB to that situation in the pre season.

 

Just make sure he gets his binky before he goes to bed, ok! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Did you hear or read Sam himself complain, or throw his oline under the bus....ever?  I sure haven’t.

Asinine comment.

No what is asinine is the need to baby Sam because he got hit a couple times in preseason. He needs game time practice as shown by the last preseason game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

No what is asinine is the need to baby Sam because he got hit a couple times in preseason. He needs game time practice as shown by the last preseason game. 

Might also help to have a....you know, at least a marginal offensive line.  Face it, this team is not very good.

The only ones who are expressing a "need" to baby Sam, are the fans, call them out.  

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...