Game Observations (NO)

KRL

On 8/25/2019 at 9:31 PM, 14 in Green said:

I’ve got to be honest, I’m with you in that he hasn’t been impressive so far to me either. The truth is, I started a thread questioning whether Polite was a bust a few days ago, and I’ve also mentioned that Wesco hasn’t done a thing either.

I was taking the high road (or cowardly way out,lol) with QW, just to avoid the grief of dealing with any more pushback.

It depends on what you are looking for to be 'impressed'. Sacks and stuffs behind the line? Complete dominance? Certainly QW has not been sacking the QB and dropping runners in the backfield yet. But I have seen a lot of good things. He drew 3 holding penalties from NFL starters where he clearly beat them one on one. He has shown his strength and ability to push/collapse the pocket against starting NFL linemen. He has shown he can play multiple positions- outside and inside (including nose), effectively. 

I really think its one of those things where you leave him out there long enough with the starters and he's bound to start piling up those stats (sacks, TFLs) you are looking for. 

I also went back and looked at that Josh Allen game. Yes, he looked great. But the thread on his game vs the Dolphins made it seem like he completely dominated and that was not exactly the case. He played well and was all over the field but statistically didn't record a single sack. In fact, he has yet to get a sack in pre-season.  And I was a huge fan- wanted the Jets to draft him too. Was not against the Jets drafting QW but thought Allen was more versatile and a bigger need. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

It depends on what you are looking for to be 'impressed'. Sacks and stuffs behind the line? Complete dominance? Certainly QW has not been sacking the QB and dropping runners in the backfield yet. But I have seen a lot of good things. He drew 3 holding penalties from NFL starters where he clearly beat them one on one. He has shown his strength and ability to push/collapse the pocket against starting NFL linemen. He has shown he can play multiple positions- outside and inside (including nose), effectively. 

I really think its one of those things where you leave him out there long enough with the starters and he's bound to start piling up those stats (sacks, TFLs) you are looking for. 

I also went back and looked at that Josh Allen game. Yes, he looked great. But the thread on his game vs the Dolphins made it seem like he completely dominated and that was not exactly the case. He played well and was all over the field but statistically didn't record a single sack. In fact, he has yet to get a sack in pre-season.  And I was a huge fan- wanted the Jets to draft him too. Was not against the Jets drafting QW but thought Allen was more versatile and a bigger need. 

Josh Allen did look good and i wanted edge over interior dline in this past draft but a pass rushing DT is arguably harder to find and also arguably more valuable than an edge rusher. Especially if Gregg Williams is leaning towards running a 4-3. Like i said i wanted an edge rusher (preferably trade down and take Brian Burns) but i have high hopes for QW to turn into an overall disruptive DT.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Josh Allen did look good and i wanted edge over interior dline in this past draft but a pass rushing DT is arguably harder to find and also arguably more valuable than an edge rusher. Especially if Gregg Williams is leaning towards running a 4-3. Like i said i wanted an edge rusher (preferably trade down and take Brian Burns) but i have high hopes for QW to turn into an overall disruptive DT.

He's already looking like he belongs and like veteran NFL linemen have their hands full one on one with him. One of the holding penalties was against Jake Matthews of the Falcons- a Pro Bowl OT, and it was b/c QW beat him on an outside move as a DE. It's impressive for a rookie who basically played one year in college. 

• Sympathy 1