Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

49 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Isn't Ray a veteran? I don't think he has to clear waivers like Marshall... They can just sign somewhere

Yup.  Ray and Marshall are both vested veterans (4+ years)  -- should both be free agents now, not subject to waiver process.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm just saying that if you watch, say, Darnold 2018 highlights there is a LOT of Terrell Pryor in the first half of the season -- he almost felt like our biggest playmaker at WR. Then, right around the exact same time we are crippled with injuries at WR (Enunwa and Anderson both go down) he's cut for supposedly being injured... It was extremely strange and I'm stunned there wasn't more focus on what really happened and the "behind the scenes" story never emerged.

Don't disagree that he's a headcase who is inconsistent/lazy etc. but the way it played out was bizarre by NFL standards to an extent that there has to be more to the story.

I was puzzled by this too.  The only thing that made is slightly less weird is that he has been cut by two or three teams since then.  But I would still like to know what happened.  My best guess is that he is simply unendurable as a teammate.  Like a REALLY bad locker room guy.  Remember how much his former Washington teammates were going after him in that preseason game?  They really seemed to hate his guts.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think these are our 6 waiver wire needs,  by priority:

1. Placekicker (HIGH PRIORITY) - obviously
  2. Cornerback (HIGH PRIORITY) - 1 or even 2 could be claimed
  3. Wide Receiver  (MEDIUM PRIORITY) - Burnett/Thompson replacement/upgrade
  4. Inside Linebacker (MEDIUM PRIORITY) - Burgess/Wint replacement/upgrade
  5. Defensive End (LOW PRIORITY) - Kaufusi or maybe Phillips could be improved on
  6. Running Back (LOW PRIORITY) - A younger back who play STs could bump Powell

This is a pretty good summation. But to simplify it, I think Kicker and CB. I mean, Douglas will look at everyone. But Kicker and CB will realistically be the only guys that might come in and replace some of the depth we currently have. 

I just don't see Douglas cutting Burnett for someone discarded from another team. I think he's got that spot pretty much locked down. WR is pretty much set IMO. I also think there are enough LBs -both inside and outside (and I think the Jets are not ready to cut Polite)- that the Jets like already on the team that they will not go after guys that other teams cut b/c they were not good enough to stick. For example, I don't see a guy being available where you can cut Burgess- who has played well- and be confident you are upgrading. This is even more true for the D-line position, where the Jets are deep. If anything I'm surprised Douglas has not traded Shepherd or Kaufusi or Phillips for CB help or a draft pick. Two of those guys will be cut- probably Shepherd and Phillips. Hopefully Phillips makes PS. And I don't think the Jets will mess with the RBs. We keep talking about having guys who can play special teams but at a certain point you don't need more special team contributors. If you are cutting McGuire and keeping Cannon, Cannon will contribute on specials. Powell can catch, run, block and is a vet who won't make stupid mistakes. You don't need 2 RBs behind Montgomery who are Special team contributors but can't do much else.  

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I was puzzled by this too.  The only thing that made is slightly less weird is that he has been cut by two or three teams since then.  But I would still like to know what happened.  My best guess is that he is simply unendurable as a teammate.  Like a REALLY bad locker room guy.  Remember how much his former Washington teammates were going after him in that preseason game?  They really seemed to hate his guts.

maybe he squats in his locker and does his thing, because the facilities are too far away.  Everyone would hate that, no?

22 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

btw, if this has been answered, my 'pologies...   is there a single best locale to see all tyhe current cuts?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/

This is updated fairly frequently...although I usually have problems with Chrome on this and have to view it on Explore for whatever reason.

Most recent transactions posted:

Aug 30 2019Thomas Rawls

Thomas Rawls, RB

Released by Jacksonville (JAC)

Aug 30 2019Trevor Wood

Trevor Wood, TE

Waived by Pittsburgh (PIT)

Aug 30 2019Jameill Showers

Jameill Showers, QB

Waived by Dallas (DAL)

Aug 30 2019Danny Isidora

Danny Isidora, G