jetstream23

Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I get it... they are still trying out for other teams but at least idzik players are actually on teams... the more I look at Mikey Mac's drafts the more you realize how bad he set this franchise back.

And Derrick Jones was cut again by the Texans https://overthecap.com/player/derrick-jones/5790/

The good news is that the Eagles bumbled around but then after Chip Kelly and Wentz really improved the team quick.  Mac was unbelievably bad at drafting players.  I would be surprised if he ever holds a real job again.  He was better at finding FA.  This was because he delegated all of those jobs and the FA guy was better.  

In any event, JD can fix this, but this year is too soon.  Playoffs next year.  I would be saving cap space for next year, and roster spots for players who can play next year.  

• Upvote 1

The juicy cuts will come on Saturday.  JD needs to keep his hand on the trigger and focused. 

• Upvote 2

I think teams try and release players early who they know are untradeable, or if they are being decent, are veterans who don't go through the waiver process.   That gives players time to sign with more teams.

As they approach the 53, teams will hold on to certain players they think they can get value for.   Its a chess game as they approach the deadline.  

• Upvote 3

Mac’s Director of College Scouting is the Texans Asst GM.  They are the next bad team. 

Matt Barzigan. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company