jetstream23

Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

Its sad that we are all watching cuts like hawks to fill out the Jets roster and we know that of the 37 players the Jets none of them are going to get claimed. McGuire might make a practice squad or a late addition somewhere since RB turnover is so high. Maybe eventually BB takes a shot at Sheppard and turns him into an allstar. But who would want anyone the Jets cut.

44 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They certainly will.  There are still a whole bunch of Idzik guys hanging around on rosters throughout the NFL, and there have been five drafts since those guys were drafted. 

Idzik players yes... Mikey Mac... not so much... He either hit or they are out of the league... 

Personally, I would like the Jets to take a shot with Kiko and Stills. Both would improve the depth on this roster. But it sounds like Stills hated Gase so he's not coming and Kiko hasn't been the same since his injuries. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.  Simon is still with the Packers, Burris with the Browns. Devin Smith has been playing pretty well for the Cowboys.  Derrick Jones is with the Texans after failing the Packers physical.  Leggett caught a TD for Tampa last week.  Hansen has been getting catches for the Texans.  Yes, Hackenberg sucked.  Same for Hairston.  I am not fond of Donhaue and Stewart, but they are both out of the league more based on substance issues than lack of skill/talent.  Mauldin is a slug, with injury and arrest issues and I think he is playing up in Canada.  Make no mistake, I am not defending Mac's drafts, but plenty of these guys will end up on practice squads if/when they are dumped. 

Wow, Devin Smith might make a team ... only 5 years too late... But still a long shot

Jones was cut again by the Texans, at least I thought I saw that

Hansen is not going to make the team

Leggett caught a pass but is still a long shot to make the team

Hack was a Hack

So ya... your defense is that these players are still trying out for teams when they have 90 man rosters so that constitutes them making the NFL?? Ya no... 

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's not a defense.  They suck.  Just pointing out that they will probably hang around for a bit on practice squads and getting try-outs.  It is not great accomplishment, but they will get more chances than try out players and the like.  I don't see any ending up as starters.  Smith and Leggett are the only ones I really see having much shot at a rotation.

I get it... they are still trying out for other teams but at least idzik players are actually on teams... the more I look at Mikey Mac's drafts the more you realize how bad he set this franchise back.

And Derrick Jones was cut again by the Texans https://overthecap.com/player/derrick-jones/5790/

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, varjet said:

The good news is that the Eagles bumbled around but then after Chip Kelly and Wentz really improved the team quick.  Mac was unbelievably bad at drafting players.  I would be surprised if he ever holds a real job again.  He was better at finding FA.  This was because he delegated all of those jobs and the FA guy was better.  

In any event, JD can fix this, but this year is too soon.  Playoffs next year.  I would be saving cap space for next year, and roster spots for players who can play next year.  

I think you are selling the team short with such an easy schedule.

Su'a Craven was released... what happened to that guy... and I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Brandon Marshall (but I wonder if he was released for medicals) 

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Worth a look.  Probably better than Polite.

I wonder if the Jets claim Ray, release Polite and hope Polite skates through to the Practice Squad.  That's very risky.

Isn't Ray a veteran? I don't think he has to clear waivers like Marshall... They can just sign somewhere

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Patriots have done a great job over the years coaching up Offensive Linemen.  They all play better under Dante Scarnecchia it seems.  When those guys leave the Pats they usually underachieve.  Nate Solder comes to mind.  He hasn't been as good with the Giants as he was with the Pats.  Trent Brown is another example TBD.  Wasn't great with the 49ers.  Goes to the Pats and wins a Super Bowl as the starting Left Tackle last year under Scarnecchia vs. a great Rams defense.  Now he goes to the Raiders as a high-priced Free Agent.  Let's see how he does.

All this is to say that the reports of the Patriots OLine crumbling may be a tiny bit premature.  They're scrambling for depth obviously but as long as they have Scarnecchia I think they'll find a way to keep it together.

I think this is showing that they are in trouble with depth... giving away so many picks for back-end OL... Makes me glad that the Jets play them early season before they get their whole team working together.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have to go cut my grass when I get back i hope the NY Jets have signed a kicker and improved the roster through the waiver wire. 

Ummm... WW is tomorrow for players cut today. There will be no claims today

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company