jetstream23

Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

Following Preseason Week 3 teams seem to be starting their roster trim downs.  If you know a guy definitely won't be there then why keep him around I guess.  Don't clog the sideline for Game 4 or take reps away from "bubble" guys you need to evaluate.  I think this will be a buys week and for any team looking to make a trade, this might be the time to do it prior to Game 4 if you're hoping to play or even start a guy for regular season Week 1.

1405699807_ScreenShot2019-08-25at2_57_35PM.png.66e9893843747490c1a2772402645261.png

311977994_ScreenShot2019-08-25at2_56_56PM.png.84885175a009d2d12eec0af07b08ecda.png

2077134156_ScreenShot2019-08-25at2_57_17PM.png.03da64ab0bb1ab4503d60c27f696e385.png

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'll still never totally understand what happened with Pryor on the Jets last year. There simply has to have been some kind of behind the scenes incident we weren't privy to.

He's a little lazy and unfocused.  Great talent, still can play, but he has lapses at the worst moments and seems to lack commitment at times.  One of the best plays and worst plays from last year were made by him in my opinion.  Great effort on a TD catch vs. Detroit.  Then he slowed down and didn't fight for a ball at the back of the end zone on a would-have-been TD pass from Darnold at home vs. Miami.  It got intercepted.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jets1958 said:

Elliot Fry stats - meh

Year School   Conf   Class   Pos G   XPM   XPA  XP%   FGM   FGA   FG%   Pts      
Career South Carolina         161 162  99.4   66   88   75.0  359    
*2013 South Carolina   SEC     FR  P 13   54  55  98.2   15   18   83.3   99      
*2014 South Carolina   SEC SO  K 13   51  51  100.0   18   25   72.0   105      
2015 South Carolina   SEC JR  K 12   25  25  100.0   20   28   71.4   85      
*2016 South Carolina   SEC SR  PK 13 31  31  100.0   13   17   76.5   70      

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why we didnt pick up frye 2 weeks ago when he was cut by the bears was crazy.  Joe D needs to wake up!!!

See above.  He's now been cut by two different NFL teams this Summer......but beggars can't be choosers and he looks like a possible upgrade over Bertolet, even if just slightly.

The Patriots have done a great job over the years coaching up Offensive Linemen.  They all play better under Dante Scarnecchia it seems.  When those guys leave the Pats they usually underachieve.  Nate Solder comes to mind.  He hasn't been as good with the Giants as he was with the Pats.  Trent Brown is another example TBD.  Wasn't great with the 49ers.  Goes to the Pats and wins a Super Bowl as the starting Left Tackle last year under Scarnecchia vs. a great Rams defense.  Now he goes to the Raiders as a high-priced Free Agent.  Let's see how he does.

All this is to say that the reports of the Patriots OLine crumbling may be a tiny bit premature.  They're scrambling for depth obviously but as long as they have Scarnecchia I think they'll find a way to keep it together.

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think these are our 6 waiver wire needs,  by priority:

1. Placekicker (HIGH PRIORITY) - obviously
  2. Cornerback (HIGH PRIORITY) - 1 or even 2 could be claimed
  3. Wide Receiver  (MEDIUM PRIORITY) - Burnett/Thompson replacement/upgrade
  4. Inside Linebacker (MEDIUM PRIORITY) - Burgess/Wint replacement/upgrade
  5. Defensive End (LOW PRIORITY) - Kaufusi or maybe Phillips could be improved on
  6. Running Back (LOW PRIORITY) - A younger back who play STs could bump Powell

OLB/Edge should be on the list instead of 3-4 DE in my opinion, especially with Copeland out.  Not much behind Jenkins and Luvu right now.

Running back is LOW as you said.  I like Bell, Montgomery, Powell and Cannon.  That's a good group of 4 although I'll say this.  On a depth chart of 4 RBs you typically have one "thumper" type guy, a short-yardage almost Fullback sized guy.  We don't have that.  We've got some speed and shiftiness but don't have a "get me 2 yards from the 2-yard line against a stacked box" kinda guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Other teams may be cutting their CB6 type guys......but for the Jets those are potential CB4 types.  Scandrick would fit that description I believe.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets should sign LB Brandon Marshal

It seems like there will be at least 3 or 4 guys at both LB and CB that find a spot on the Jets roster above what we have as 3rd string backup types.  Marshall, Kiko Alonso, etc. should all be considered.  The question is where do they fit on the depth chart?  Do they push out Anthony Wint caliber guys?  Do they push Cashman down to ILB4 or 5, etc?

3 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Who’s the wr the ravens just cut? The rookie. I think he’s a big guy 6’4-6’5 and speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he's big and fast and got cut from a team that seems like it might need WR help?  That's not a good sign.

Can he catch?

• Upvote 1

LeSean McCoy is a surprise cut....but not a huge surprise.  He's somewhat interchangeable with Frank Gore IMO who they are keeping.  Houston seems like a very likely landing spot for McCoy.  It will be a total committee down there.

WR Josh Doctson from Redskins

WR Laquon Treadwell from Vikings

Both being cut if they can't be traded.  Per @Rapsheet

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Doctson might be worth a shot for depth at wr

Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder, Bellamy, Doctson, Dortch?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Remember all the talk that Elway, "the QB whisperer" beat the Jets to their FQB

That we drafted Smith while "the QB whisperer" got his FQB

Geno beat out Lynch for the backup job in Seattle.

#Facts

Great post.

I always thought Geno was a great risk/reward pick in Round 2.  You can't evaluate in hindsight.  It was the right decision at the time, a calculated risk at the most important position on the field.

• Upvote 4

Ezekiel Elliott about to sign according to NFL Radio on Sirius XM.  Sounds like it's close.

#FantasyFootball

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Demaryius Thomas cut today by NEP. 

Edelman, Josh Gordon, and Philip Dorsett seem to be their top 3.  D Thomas did look okay in preseason though.

The purge of former high/middle round developmental QBs is starting to accumulate.  I think back to all those Draft Forum threads and following guys like Falk, Lauletta, Paxton Lynch, Webb, Deshone Kizer, Cardale Jones, etc.  They've now all gone the way of Hackenberg and are unemployed.

NFL = Not For Long

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company