jetstream23

Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

18 hours ago, Jetster said:

Keep an eye on the Colts cuts, they are still going to have to pay Luck, plus they'll need to trade for a veteran backup. 

Luck retired.  He keeps the bonus but they don't have to pay his salary anymore.  There's just the cap hits this year and next ($18.4MM and $6.4MM) but I don't know if that schedule is altered by the reserve/retired status.

49ers cut Jordan Matthews.  He had 2 really good seasons in Philly but hasn't done much since.  Is he toast or is there something else doing on that might make him worth a look?

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

If the Jets are serious about another RB.

I like Jeff Wilson Jr., who was just cut by the 49ers.

I'm mystified by the general sense that we need another RB.  Bell, Montgomery and Powell are a solid group.  If Bell gets hurts, we're screwed there no matter who we bring in and nobody we bring in is going to be materially better as a backup than TM.  The only thing we don't really have is a 2-yards and a cloud of dust guy, unless Wesco becomes that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The cloud of dust guy is Mike Boone in Minnesota.  The Vikings have him at #3 on the depth chart behind their 3rd round pick Alexander Mattison... which is an egregious error in my opinion.

Like McCarthy starting Jamaal Williams over Aaron Jones.

Boone should be the change of pace for Dalvin Cook and his backup.

Maybe Dortch can add a few pounds and become our beast mode.  I think 50 ought to do it.  Or maybe 60.

• Haha 1

Just saw the Kiko Alonso was cut.  I know we like Cashman, but does Alonso bring something to the table for us?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I mean if they’re claimed off waivers...they really don’t have a choice aside from retiring.

Vets with more than 4 years of playing time aren't subject to waivers, they are released and free agents.  I'm pretty sure Alonso is well past that.

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Can always get better. Not sure why folks are wringing their hands over this. Do people even watch what goes on in this league? Best teams are 3-4 deep at RB.

Almost every position can get better.  But if you ranked the positions by our need to improve, would RB be in your top 5?  I'd say CB, OL, K, TE, OLB in some order would be mine.  Could arguable put WR or ILB in there but RB just isn't a concern to me right now, thus why I'm slightly surprised at the attention its gotten from some.  Kind of like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic to me.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company