Jump to content
jetstream23

Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

Recommended Posts

If the Jets are serious about another RB.

I like Jeff Wilson Jr., who was just cut by the 49ers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

If the Jets are serious about another RB.

I like Jeff Wilson Jr., who was just cut by the 49ers.

I'm mystified by the general sense that we need another RB.  Bell, Montgomery and Powell are a solid group.  If Bell gets hurts, we're screwed there no matter who we bring in and nobody we bring in is going to be materially better as a backup than TM.  The only thing we don't really have is a 2-yards and a cloud of dust guy, unless Wesco becomes that.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I just have to add again...it’s so great to know that we have Joe D wading through these free agents. Mac would have just gone to Dunkin, gotten another coffee and kept most of these guys.

That's what he did last year. Not one waiver pick up for what was obviously not a very talented roster. Good riddance.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm mystified by the general sense that we need another RB.  Bell, Montgomery and Powell are a solid group.  If Bell gets hurts, we're screwed there no matter who we bring in and nobody we bring in is going to be materially better as a backup than TM.  The only thing we don't really have is a 2-yards and a cloud of dust guy, unless Wesco becomes that.  

The cloud of dust guy is Mike Boone in Minnesota.  The Vikings have him at #3 on the depth chart behind their 3rd round pick Alexander Mattison... which is an egregious error in my opinion.

Like McCarthy starting Jamaal Williams over Aaron Jones.

Boone should be the change of pace for Dalvin Cook and his backup.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, varjet said:

Mac’s Director of College Scouting is the Texans Asst GM.  They are the next bad team. 

Matt Barzigan. 

Thats why they traded two ones and a two to Miami, they didn't want a Mac disciple screwing up the draft. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The cloud of dust guy is Mike Boone in Minnesota.  The Vikings have him at #3 on the depth chart behind their 3rd round pick Alexander Mattison... which is an egregious error in my opinion.

Like McCarthy starting Jamaal Williams over Aaron Jones.

Boone should be the change of pace for Dalvin Cook and his backup.

 

Maybe Dortch can add a few pounds and become our beast mode.  I think 50 ought to do it.  Or maybe 60.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Demaryius Thomas cut today by NEP. 

Please no. Dude is beyond done. About 5 other WR would be better flyers than DT at this point.
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw the Kiko Alonso was cut.  I know we like Cashman, but does Alonso bring something to the table for us?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Just saw the Kiko Alonso was cut.  I know we like Cashman, but does Alonso bring something to the table for us?

Id bring kiko in until cashman proves hes better in coverage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Just saw the Kiko Alonso was cut.  I know we like Cashman, but does Alonso bring something to the table for us?

No one in miami liked gase.  None of them are coming here.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No one in miami liked gase.  None of them are coming here.

 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I mean if they’re claimed off waivers...they really don’t have a choice aside from retiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I mean if they’re claimed off waivers...they really don’t have a choice aside from retiring.

Do u invite people that hate you over to your house?

Its not going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200.gif&key=4d6476ddc30803fc89f007071c85d6fdfada75b9255a3b5106ab3aaeb78584eb

Gimme.

Noah Spence is the 1 FA that I want. I loved him in the Darron Lee draft and was the guy I would have picked at 18 that year. That being said, he hasn’t done sh*t in the NFL, but the kid has ability and plays hard. I think he is one of these players that can’t be asked to process too much info and is better off when you just tell him to attack. A change of scenery may do him well.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do u invite people that hate you over to your house?
Its not going to happen.

And it probably won’t...but even if he has that attitude (which we don’t know for fact), let’s not pretend he has a choice in the matter. He’s on waivers. He’s probably going somewhere he won’t be thrilled about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:


Please no. Dude is beyond done. About 5 other WR would be better flyers than DT at this point.

You’re probably right but I read something that he was looking better towards the end of camp. We could use a vet big receiver and a guy who can catch and make plays even if he’s lost a step or 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Demaryius Thomas cut today by NEP. 

Edelman, Josh Gordon, and Philip Dorsett seem to be their top 3.  D Thomas did look okay in preseason though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:


And it probably won’t...but even if he has that attitude (which we don’t know for fact), let’s not pretend he has a choice in the matter. He’s on waivers. He’s probably going somewhere he won’t be thrilled about.

Alonso is a vested veteran.  He does not go through waivers; he is a free agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

 I’m interested .. could be a nice backup slot behind Crowder..  kid was a savage at Miami . 

I guess a few dynasty fantasy football players might need to eat some crow on this cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Noah Spence is the 1 FA that I want. I loved him in the Darron Lee draft and was the guy I would have picked at 18 that year. That being said, he hasn’t done sh*t in the NFL, but the kid has ability and plays hard. I think he is one of these players that can’t be asked to process too much info and is better off when you just tell him to attack. A change of scenery may do him well.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he vested or does he go on the wire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I mean if they’re claimed off waivers...they really don’t have a choice aside from retiring.

Vets with more than 4 years of playing time aren't subject to waivers, they are released and free agents.  I'm pretty sure Alonso is well past that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ryu79 said:

Is he vested or does he go on the wire?

Waivers.  Pretty sure he was drafted in 2016.  Would only have 3 years service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm mystified by the general sense that we need another RB.  Bell, Montgomery and Powell are a solid group.  If Bell gets hurts, we're screwed there no matter who we bring in and nobody we bring in is going to be materially better as a backup than TM.  The only thing we don't really have is a 2-yards and a cloud of dust guy, unless Wesco becomes that.  

Can always get better. Not sure why folks are wringing their hands over this. Do people even watch what goes on in this league? Best teams are 3-4 deep at RB.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The purge of former high/middle round developmental QBs is starting to accumulate.  I think back to all those Draft Forum threads and following guys like Falk, Lauletta, Paxton Lynch, Webb, Deshone Kizer, Cardale Jones, etc.  They've now all gone the way of Hackenberg and are unemployed.

NFL = Not For Long

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Can always get better. Not sure why folks are wringing their hands over this. Do people even watch what goes on in this league? Best teams are 3-4 deep at RB.

Almost every position can get better.  But if you ranked the positions by our need to improve, would RB be in your top 5?  I'd say CB, OL, K, TE, OLB in some order would be mine.  Could arguable put WR or ILB in there but RB just isn't a concern to me right now, thus why I'm slightly surprised at the attention its gotten from some.  Kind of like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Almost every position can get better.  But if you ranked the positions by our need to improve, would RB be in your top 5?  I'd say CB, OL, K, TE, OLB in some order would be mine.  Could arguable put WR or ILB in there but RB just isn't a concern to me right now, thus why I'm slightly surprised at the attention its gotten from some.  Kind of like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic to me.

Doesn’t matter what our hierarchy if needs is. You have to consider what is being made available. Right now, if all the positions being cut, the RB position has better options. Doesn’t mean anything is being deprioritized, just playing the desktop hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiko alonzo to saints.

Another 2nd I heard ???? Is that right?

If so the fins are putting a nice stockpile of capital together to get this done right. Bastards!


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:


Another 2nd I heard ???? Is that right?

If so the fins are putting a nice stockpile of capital together to get this done right. Bastards!


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Dolphins are doing a phenominal job.  Tanking the right way.  They are guaranteed the number 1 pick in next years draft.  They will take a LT and build the oline up.  They will still stink again the following year and get trevor lawrence.

This is a 2 year tank job and its starting out beautifully.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm mystified by the general sense that we need another RB.  Bell, Montgomery and Powell are a solid group.  If Bell gets hurts, we're screwed there no matter who we bring in and nobody we bring in is going to be materially better as a backup than TM.  The only thing we don't really have is a 2-yards and a cloud of dust guy, unless Wesco becomes that.  

I like Jeff over both Powell and Montgomery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I like Jeff over both Powell and Montgomery. 

Ty Montgomery is going to have a beast year here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dolphins are doing a phenominal job.  Tanking the right way.  They are guaranteed the number 1 pick in next years draft.  They will take a LT and build the oline up.  They will still stink again the following year and get trevor lawrence.
This is a 2 year tank job and its starting out beautifully.

I actually agree. They may take a QB this year but either way it’s good stuff for them. The only problem left is the pats assistant coach jinx. I don’t see Flores as being the one guy who’s gonna leave the nest and be the success story. But they are setting up nicely.

Poor Rosen. lol


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...