Jump to content
jetstream23

Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

Keep an eye on the Colts cuts, they are still going to have to pay Luck, plus they'll need to trade for a veteran backup. 

Why?  They are tanking

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jetster said:

Keep an eye on the Colts cuts, they are still going to have to pay Luck, plus they'll need to trade for a veteran backup. 

Luck retired.  He keeps the bonus but they don't have to pay his salary anymore.  There's just the cap hits this year and next ($18.4MM and $6.4MM) but I don't know if that schedule is altered by the reserve/retired status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Brandon Bryant must be out on Thursday.  I think Rameriz has a shot at the Practice Squad

Odd in that we just cut Ramirez last week. I think Bryant got his bell rung in Saturday's game (3rd qtr) on a helmet to helmet hit so he might be in concussion protocol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami cut Clive Walford. Thought we should have kept him last year. Wouldn't mind seeing us bring him back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Brandon Bryant must be out on Thursday.  I think Rameriz has a shot at the Practice Squad

I just met Dees father in law last week

im sure they are disappointed 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shocking that guys cut before final cut downs are not a treasure trove a established superstars!

Hahaha. Isn’t that something ? It’s funny though. I still find myself hoping for the gem that blows are minds. Ain’t happening lol


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Shocking that guys cut before final cut downs are not a treasure trove a established superstars!

No Pete Kendall’s in this group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikings release cornerback Bene Benwikere and wide receiver Jordan Taylor. 

Taylor's a rformer 1st rounder   undrafted FA who hasn't panned out... Benwikere is a well-traveled CB who has played backup/depth guy on 7 teams in 5 seasons... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Shocking that guys cut before final cut downs are not a treasure trove a established superstars!

Actually, much of the time guys getting cut a little early are veterans who teams are letting go to give them a chance the catch on elsewhere before the season starts.

 

Benwikere is worth a look, if only to antagonize Beckham week 2

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Vikings release cornerback Bene Benwikere and wide receiver Jordan Taylor. 

Taylor's a former 1st rounder who hasn't panned out... Benwikere is a well-traveled CB who has played backup/depth guy on 7 teams in 5 seasons... 

Jordan Taylor is not a 1st rounder.  He was UDFA that hung on with the Broncos for  few years.

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Actually, much of the time guys getting cut a little early are veterans who teams are letting go to give them a chance the catch on elsewhere before the season starts.

 

Benwikere is worth a look, if only to antagonize Beckham week 2

Benwikere is an interesting name.  He was on the Dolphins in 2016, but otherwise no link to the Jets personnel guys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jordan Taylor is not a 1st rounder.  He was UDFA that hung on with the Broncos for  few years.

Benwikere is an interesting name.  He was on the Dolphins in 2016, but otherwise no link to the Jets personnel guys.  

Oops yup, my bad, thanks. That's what I get for trying to read tiny text on a non-mobile website on my phone. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Oops yup, my bad, thanks. That's what I get for trying to read tiny text on a non-mobile website on my phone. 

I figured you were probably thinking of Laquon Treadwell who the Vikings are likely to cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont wanna start a new thread...

but...  gronk and Kyle Turley are now campaigning hard for NFL players to be allowed to use CBD for pain.

interesting. they are straight up in the biz.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

49ers Released LB Malcolm Smith, Signed WR Nick Williams http://bit.ly/2ZwpnQP  #49ers

EDA8eNgXYAAfp0L.jpg
 
 

 

Hmm... He was pretty good... 3 years ago... Injuries wiped him out the last couple of seasons. Someone's going to pick him up pretty fast I feel. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its sad that we are all watching cuts like hawks to fill out the Jets roster and we know that of the 37 players the Jets none of them are going to get claimed. McGuire might make a practice squad or a late addition somewhere since RB turnover is so high. Maybe eventually BB takes a shot at Sheppard and turns him into an allstar. But who would want anyone the Jets cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Its sad that we are all watching cuts like hawks to fill out the Jets roster and we know that of the 37 players the Jets none of them are going to get claimed. McGuire might make a practice squad or a late addition somewhere since RB turnover is so high. Maybe eventually BB takes a shot at Sheppard and turns him into an allstar. But who would want anyone the Jets cut.

They certainly will.  There are still a whole bunch of Idzik guys hanging around on rosters throughout the NFL, and there have been five drafts since those guys were drafted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They certainly will.  There are still a whole bunch of Idzik guys hanging around on rosters throughout the NFL, and there have been five drafts since those guys were drafted. 

Idzik players yes... Mikey Mac... not so much... He either hit or they are out of the league... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I would like the Jets to take a shot with Kiko and Stills. Both would improve the depth on this roster. But it sounds like Stills hated Gase so he's not coming and Kiko hasn't been the same since his injuries. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Idzik players yes... Mikey Mac... not so much... He either hit or they are out of the league... 

Eh.  Simon is still with the Packers, Burris with the Browns. Devin Smith has been playing pretty well for the Cowboys.  Derrick Jones is with the Texans after failing the Packers physical.  Leggett caught a TD for Tampa last week.  Hansen has been getting catches for the Texans.  Yes, Hackenberg sucked.  Same for Hairston.  I am not fond of Donhaue and Stewart, but they are both out of the league more based on substance issues than lack of skill/talent.  Mauldin is a slug, with injury and arrest issues and I think he is playing up in Canada.  Make no mistake, I am not defending Mac's drafts, but plenty of these guys will end up on practice squads if/when they are dumped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.  Simon is still with the Packers, Burris with the Browns. Devin Smith has been playing pretty well for the Cowboys.  Derrick Jones is with the Texans after failing the Packers physical.  Leggett caught a TD for Tampa last week.  Hansen has been getting catches for the Texans.  Yes, Hackenberg sucked.  Same for Hairston.  I am not fond of Donhaue and Stewart, but they are both out of the league more based on substance issues than lack of skill/talent.  Mauldin is a slug, with injury and arrest issues and I think he is playing up in Canada.  Make no mistake, I am not defending Mac's drafts, but plenty of these guys will end up on practice squads if/when they are dumped. 

Wow, Devin Smith might make a team ... only 5 years too late... But still a long shot

Jones was cut again by the Texans, at least I thought I saw that

Hansen is not going to make the team

Leggett caught a pass but is still a long shot to make the team

Hack was a Hack

So ya... your defense is that these players are still trying out for teams when they have 90 man rosters so that constitutes them making the NFL?? Ya no... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Wow, Devin Smith might make a team ... only 5 years too late... But still a long shot

Jones was cut again by the Texans, at least I thought I saw that

Hansen is not going to make the team

Leggett caught a pass but is still a long shot to make the team

Hack was a Hack

So ya... your defense is that these players are still trying out for teams when they have 90 man rosters so that constitutes them making the NFL?? Ya no... 

It's not a defense.  They suck.  Just pointing out that they will probably hang around for a bit on practice squads and getting try-outs.  It is not great accomplishment, but they will get more chances than try out players and the like.  I don't see any ending up as starters.  Smith and Leggett are the only ones I really see having much shot at a rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's not a defense.  They suck.  Just pointing out that they will probably hang around for a bit on practice squads and getting try-outs.  It is not great accomplishment, but they will get more chances than try out players and the like.  I don't see any ending up as starters.  Smith and Leggett are the only ones I really see having much shot at a rotation.

I get it... they are still trying out for other teams but at least idzik players are actually on teams... the more I look at Mikey Mac's drafts the more you realize how bad he set this franchise back.

And Derrick Jones was cut again by the Texans https://overthecap.com/player/derrick-jones/5790/

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I get it... they are still trying out for other teams but at least idzik players are actually on teams... the more I look at Mikey Mac's drafts the more you realize how bad he set this franchise back.

And Derrick Jones was cut again by the Texans https://overthecap.com/player/derrick-jones/5790/

Macc's legacy is wasting 2nd-5th rd picks annually on practice squad guys.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I get it... they are still trying out for other teams but at least idzik players are actually on teams... the more I look at Mikey Mac's drafts the more you realize how bad he set this franchise back.

And Derrick Jones was cut again by the Texans https://overthecap.com/player/derrick-jones/5790/

 

@Pac

@T0mShane

 

This entire paragraph is one big trigger for the anti-Idzik, pro-Macc crowd.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I get it... they are still trying out for other teams but at least idzik players are actually on teams... the more I look at Mikey Mac's drafts the more you realize how bad he set this franchise back.

And Derrick Jones was cut again by the Texans https://overthecap.com/player/derrick-jones/5790/

The good news is that the Eagles bumbled around but then after Chip Kelly and Wentz really improved the team quick.  Mac was unbelievably bad at drafting players.  I would be surprised if he ever holds a real job again.  He was better at finding FA.  This was because he delegated all of those jobs and the FA guy was better.  

In any event, JD can fix this, but this year is too soon.  Playoffs next year.  I would be saving cap space for next year, and roster spots for players who can play next year.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, varjet said:

The good news is that the Eagles bumbled around but then after Chip Kelly and Wentz really improved the team quick.  Mac was unbelievably bad at drafting players.  I would be surprised if he ever holds a real job again.  He was better at finding FA.  This was because he delegated all of those jobs and the FA guy was better.  

In any event, JD can fix this, but this year is too soon.  Playoffs next year.  I would be saving cap space for next year, and roster spots for players who can play next year.  

I think you are selling the team short with such an easy schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...