Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

1 hour ago, Jets1958 said:

Elliot Fry stats - meh

Year School   Conf   Class   Pos G   XPM   XPA  XP%   FGM   FGA   FG%   Pts      
Career South Carolina         161 162  99.4   66   88   75.0  359    
*2013 South Carolina   SEC     FR  P 13   54  55  98.2   15   18   83.3   99      
*2014 South Carolina   SEC SO  K 13   51  51  100.0   18   25   72.0   105      
2015 South Carolina   SEC JR  K 12   25  25  100.0   20   28   71.4   85      
*2016 South Carolina   SEC SR  PK 13 31  31  100.0   13   17   76.5   70      

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why we didnt pick up frye 2 weeks ago when he was cut by the bears was crazy.  Joe D needs to wake up!!!

See above.  He's now been cut by two different NFL teams this Summer......but beggars can't be choosers and he looks like a possible upgrade over Bertolet, even if just slightly.

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not very Patriot-like.

When you have a long term hof QB all huge blunders fall by the way side.  The pats have screwed up as much as anyone re the draft.

This is why 5 years from now macganan will be credited with building the jets dynasty by getting darnold.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The Patriots have done a great job over the years coaching up Offensive Linemen.  They all play better under Dante Scarnecchia it seems.  When those guys leave the Pats they usually underachieve.  Nate Solder comes to mind.  He hasn't been as good with the Giants as he was with the Pats.  Trent Brown is another example TBD.  Wasn't great with the 49ers.  Goes to the Pats and wins a Super Bowl as the starting Left Tackle last year under Scarnecchia vs. a great Rams defense.  Now he goes to the Raiders as a high-priced Free Agent.  Let's see how he does.

All this is to say that the reports of the Patriots OLine crumbling may be a tiny bit premature.  They're scrambling for depth obviously but as long as they have Scarnecchia I think they'll find a way to keep it together.

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He's a little lazy and unfocused.  Great talent, still can play, but he has lapses at the worst moments and seems to lack commitment at times.  One of the best plays and worst plays from last year were made by him in my opinion.  Great effort on a TD catch vs. Detroit.  Then he slowed down and didn't fight for a ball at the back of the end zone on a would-have-been TD pass from Darnold at home vs. Miami.  It got intercepted.

Seems to be a diva, remember how much WSH hated him when we had that joint practice

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Worth a look.  Probably better than Polite.

I wonder if the Jets claim Ray, release Polite and hope Polite skates through to the Practice Squad.  That's very risky.

Isn't Ray a veteran? I don't think he has to clear waivers like Marshall... They can just sign somewhere

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Worth a look.  Probably better than Polite.

I wonder if the Jets claim Ray, release Polite and hope Polite skates through to the Practice Squad.  That's very risky.

Idk man if you can’t ball with Chubb and miller taking all the attention or on the ravens Defense. your probably not good . 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Patriots have done a great job over the years coaching up Offensive Linemen.  They all play better under Dante Scarnecchia it seems.  When those guys leave the Pats they usually underachieve.  Nate Solder comes to mind.  He hasn't been as good with the Giants as he was with the Pats.  Trent Brown is another example TBD.  Wasn't great with the 49ers.  Goes to the Pats and wins a Super Bowl as the starting Left Tackle last year under Scarnecchia vs. a great Rams defense.  Now he goes to the Raiders as a high-priced Free Agent.  Let's see how he does.

All this is to say that the reports of the Patriots OLine crumbling may be a tiny bit premature.  They're scrambling for depth obviously but as long as they have Scarnecchia I think they'll find a way to keep it together.

I think this is showing that they are in trouble with depth... giving away so many picks for back-end OL... Makes me glad that the Jets play them early season before they get their whole team working together.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

whatever makes us feel better when they win their 7th super bowl. 

Im pretty bummed about Dawson actually.  The Pats are stacked and young in the secondary, and they simply had no room.  From what I sawa he  played well this preseason, and was someone I was hoping would get cut and that we'd have a chance at getting.  Now pay attention to the Titans and Bears secondary cutdowns for potential upgrades to our roster.

30 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He's a little lazy and unfocused.  Great talent, still can play, but he has lapses at the worst moments and seems to lack commitment at times.  One of the best plays and worst plays from last year were made by him in my opinion.  Great effort on a TD catch vs. Detroit.  Then he slowed down and didn't fight for a ball at the back of the end zone on a would-have-been TD pass from Darnold at home vs. Miami.  It got intercepted.

I'm just saying that if you watch, say, Darnold 2018 highlights there is a LOT of Terrell Pryor in the first half of the season -- he almost felt like our biggest playmaker at WR. Then, right around the exact same time we are crippled with injuries at WR (Enunwa and Anderson both go down) he's cut for supposedly being injured... It was extremely strange and I'm stunned there wasn't more focus on what really happened and the "behind the scenes" story never emerged.

Don't disagree that he's a headcase who is inconsistent/lazy etc. but the way it played out was bizarre by NFL standards to an extent that there has to be more to the story.

• Upvote 2

I think these are our 6 waiver wire needs,  by priority:

1. Placekicker (HIGH PRIORITY) - obviously
  2. Cornerback (HIGH PRIORITY) - 1 or even 2 could be claimed
  3. Wide Receiver  (MEDIUM PRIORITY) - Burnett/Thompson replacement/upgrade
  4. Inside Linebacker (MEDIUM PRIORITY) - Burgess/Wint replacement/upgrade
  5. Defensive End (LOW PRIORITY) - Kaufusi or maybe Phillips could be improved on
  6. Running Back (LOW PRIORITY) - A younger back who play STs could bump Powell

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1