Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

I think teams try and release players early who they know are untradeable, or if they are being decent, are veterans who don't go through the waiver process.   That gives players time to sign with more teams.

As they approach the 53, teams will hold on to certain players they think they can get value for.   Its a chess game as they approach the deadline.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think these are our 6 waiver wire needs,  by priority:

1. Placekicker (HIGH PRIORITY) - obviously
  2. Cornerback (HIGH PRIORITY) - 1 or even 2 could be claimed
  3. Wide Receiver  (MEDIUM PRIORITY) - Burnett/Thompson replacement/upgrade
  4. Inside Linebacker (MEDIUM PRIORITY) - Burgess/Wint replacement/upgrade
  5. Defensive End (LOW PRIORITY) - Kaufusi or maybe Phillips could be improved on
  6. Running Back (LOW PRIORITY) - A younger back who play STs could bump Powell

OLB/Edge should be on the list instead of 3-4 DE in my opinion, especially with Copeland out.  Not much behind Jenkins and Luvu right now.

Running back is LOW as you said.  I like Bell, Montgomery, Powell and Cannon.  That's a good group of 4 although I'll say this.  On a depth chart of 4 RBs you typically have one "thumper" type guy, a short-yardage almost Fullback sized guy.  We don't have that.  We've got some speed and shiftiness but don't have a "get me 2 yards from the 2-yard line against a stacked box" kinda guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets should sign LB Brandon Marshal

It seems like there will be at least 3 or 4 guys at both LB and CB that find a spot on the Jets roster above what we have as 3rd string backup types.  Marshall, Kiko Alonso, etc. should all be considered.  The question is where do they fit on the depth chart?  Do they push out Anthony Wint caliber guys?  Do they push Cashman down to ILB4 or 5, etc?

It seems like there will be at least 3 or 4 guys at both LB and CB that find a spot on the Jets roster above what we have as 3rd string backup types.  Marshall, Kiko Alonso, etc. should all be considered.  The question is where do they fit on the depth chart?  Do they push out Anthony Wint caliber guys?  Do they push Cashman down to ILB4 or 5, etc?

Wint will be the first to go with Basham to follow imo. I would like to see Brandon Marshall considered. I’d like to see kiko signed if he’s cut.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

OLB/Edge should be on the list instead of 3-4 DE in my opinion, especially with Copeland out.  Not much behind Jenkins and Luvu right now.

Running back is LOW as you said.  I like Bell, Montgomery, Powell and Cannon.  That's a good group of 4 although I'll say this.  On a depth chart of 4 RBs you typically have one "thumper" type guy, a short-yardage almost Fullback sized guy.  We don't have that.  We've got some speed and shiftiness but don't have a "get me 2 yards from the 2-yard line against a stacked box" kinda guy.

Wesco

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barkus said:
DaMarkus Lodge WR cut by TB. He is a rookie 6’2 guy from Mississippi. Read a lot about him in the draft run up, would be good PS candidate IMO.
Old friend Wesley Johnson cut by SF too.

Oooooh. I agree. I liked him coming out. He was projected to be in the 3rd-4th rd but went undrafted I think. Not sure why. And now he’s cut. Odd. 6’2” 205. 65 catches next to AJ brown last year. Crazy.

I would love to see this kid snatched up

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 2

46 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Vikings have released WR Jeff Badet. We were interested in him in the off-season and apparently Minnesota gave him a $75,000 bonus to stay on their practice squad. Apparently he is a Speedster. Maybe a Robby Anderson clone?

Oh yeah... people were falling to pieces over Macc getting screwed over by the Vikes for this one. That they stole this guy from us. There were articles about it and everything.  Memory lane. Feels like years ago.