Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

On 8/28/2019 at 3:24 PM, varjet said:

I would be surprised if he ever holds a real job again.  

A team could hire him as advisor for who not to pick.

"We're really rocking the draft but they never take any of my guys."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So he's big and fast and got cut from a team that seems like it might need WR help?  That's not a good sign.

Can he catch?

They also used high draft picks Myles Boykins and Hollywood Brown .. so it’s not that outlandish 

• Sympathy 1

Couple guys on the trade block and could be cut today that I would like to kick the tires  on.

If josh doctson gets cut today I would love to add him to depth of receivers on this team..  yes I would take him over Burnett (who I like) , Peake , and rest of misfits trying to lockup the WR spots 4-6.. at very least we know he can fill for any of our top 3 WRs he can play inside and outside. 

im also keeping a Eye Noah Spence if he gets cut . I love him coming out a few years back . Wouldn’t mind getting him and trying him as a edge/olb in the 3-4. Hasn’t  done much being used as traditional 4-3 DE. Maybe a role change can help get back to form.

taywan Taylor - see my reason for doctson and apply it here . 

Available players article excerpts taken from nj.com in an article about Giants signing these guys. 

Why not us. 

ILB - Brandon Marshall

Available: Immediately

Cut by: Oakland Raiders 

An eight-year veteran, Marshall has three 100-tackle seasons, including most recently in 2017. Marshall, 6-foot-1 and 240 pounds, suffered a knee injury that limited him to 11 games last season for the Denver Broncos.

CB Teez Tabor

Available: During waiver period

Cut by: Detroit Lions

Teez Tabor, a second-round pick of the Detroit Lions in 2017, was surprisingly released on Friday afternoon. In 22 career games, Tabor has produced 39 tackles

LB Shane Ray

Cut by: Baltimore Ravens

Injuries have been a constant throughout Ray’s career, but he is a former first-round talent. Despite being limited to just 29 career games, Ray has produced 14 career sacks with 12 of them coming in his first two seasons.

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Paxton probably should just quit football.

Oh the hindsight. 

The second coming. 

Hiw could Mac know to pass on this guy but not Hackenberg? 

And Geno Smith still has a job in football?!?!?!?!?!?!?? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Available players article excerpts taken from nj.com in an article about Giants signing these guys. 

Why not us. 

ILB - Brandon Marshall

An eight-year veteran, Marshall has three 100-tackle seasons, including most recently in 2017. Marshall, 6-foot-1 and 240 pounds, suffered a knee injury that limited him to 11 games last season for the Denver Broncos.

CB Teez Tabor

Teez Tabor, a second-round pick of the Detroit Lions in 2017, was surprisingly released on Friday afternoon. In 22 career games, Tabor has produced 39 tackles

LB Shane Ray

Injuries have been a constant throughout Ray’s career, but he is a former first-round talent. Despite being limited to just 29 career games, Ray has produced 14 career sacks with 12 of them coming in his first two seasons.

I’m down for Brandon Marshall . But it’s no for Tabor  I just can’t justify signing a corner with 4.7+ speed. And I’m not even a 40 times end al be all guy . But that’s just bad . 

Shane Ray maybe ? But I think he sucks if you can shine with Bradley Chubb and Von Miller taking all the attention. Who can you shine with . 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why not us. 

ILB - Brandon Marshall

CB Teez Tabor

LB Shane Ray

No, no and no.  Marshall is washed up and the otherv2 stink.

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I’m down for Brandon Marshall . But it’s no for Tabor  I just can’t justify signing a corner with 4.7+ speed. And I’m not even a 40 times end al be all guy . But that’s just bad . 

Shane Ray maybe ? But I think he sucks if you can shine with Bradley Chubb and Von Miller taking all the attention. Who can you shine with . 

All these guys improve depth on this team if anything. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

All these guys improve depth on this team if anything. 

Brandon Marshall is more than depth I would say he could instantly start next to Mosley . Hell if giants sign him . he would be there best inside linebacker on there team .

the other 2 meh ... I don’t even think ray is better than we what currently have .. and I would be terrified to see Tabor in GW man to man scheme . Just  my opinion though . 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bills Release CB Captain Munnerlyn http://bit.ly/2Pr08eV 

EDTLNQYW4AAj1yp.jpg

I wouldn’t mind him over Tabor .. but his limitations has always got the best of him . But at worst he is average corner in this league . And we don’t have a lot of those ..

3 - Captain Munnerlyn: 61.6 rating, No. 84 cornerback. This one passes the eye test. Captain was either too slow, too short, or too out of position to consistently make plays. With the lack of a pass rush this year Captain was left on an island too often and the outcome usually wasn’t good.

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Dont know much about duke . But bills fans are shocked by the cut

Duke is the first guy that peaks my interest.  Good size at 6’3.  CFL player.  26 years old.  Took the long road to get here.

These other guys are total trash but Duke’s size makes him interesting for the jets.

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why not us. 

ILB - Brandon Marshall

CB Teez Tabor

LB Shane Ray

Brandon Marshall is worth a look. The other two are busts. We have enough “shouldn’t be on a playoff roster” players on our roster. 

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Duke is the first guy that peaks my interest.  Good size at 6’3.  CFL player.  26 years old.  Took the long road to get here.

These other guys are total trash but Duke’s size makes him interesting for the jets.

Seems to be highly thought of .. 

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was thinking the same thing. 

18 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I’m interested .. could be a nice backup slot behind Crowder..  kid was a savage at Miami . 

The Patriots cut a white WR?  Something must be seriously wrong with him. 

Pass...

• Sympathy 1