Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

37 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The Patriots cut a white WR?  Something must be seriously wrong with him. 

Pass...

31 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Patriots have a pretty deep receiving core right now. Especially with Gordon back and emergence of the Myers kid .

They are also very deep at the RB position and you are exactly right. 

Brandon Marshall is more than depth I would say he could instantly start next to Mosley . Hell if giants sign him . he would be there best inside linebacker on there team .
the other 2 meh ... I don’t even think ray is better than we what currently have .. and I would be terrified to see Tabor in GW man to man scheme . Just  my opinion though . 
right.

I wouldn’t take Marshall over Williamson but he’s gone. Marshall is better than Hewitt who should really be seen as a solid depth guy. Sign Marshall for one year. Let wint go and we’ve improved the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Brandon Marshall is worth a look. The other two are busts. We have enough “shouldn’t be on a playoff roster” players on our roster. 

I agree. The other guys I’m interested In are scandrick at CB, jaylen Smith wR and WR Demarcus lodge. I see a couple other CBS that seem interesting but not sure.

That’s my wish list right now after Marshall who would be solid next to Mosely if his knee is good.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Xtina said:

Oh the hindsight. 

The second coming. 

Hiw could Mac know to pass on this guy but not Hackenberg? 

And Geno Smith still has a job in football?!?!?!?!?!?!?? 

Mac overdrafted Hackenberg because the people who knew everything were criticizing for not drafting Paxton Lynch rd 1

• Sympathy 1

Mac overdrafted Hackenberg because the people who knew everything were criticizing for not drafting Paxton Lynch rd 1

Yep. That’s not the whole story but it’s a part of it. Funny. I actually wanted lynch and was not happy when we passed on him lol

That’s tge type of stuff that a confident GM doesn’t deal with. Look at gentleman. He don’t give a F*ck!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Dont know much about duke . But bills fans are shocked by the cut

Duke Williams came to the Bills after leading a couple years with my team (Edmonton) in the CFL.  His last year he lead the league in receiving.  He flashes great ability but is not as consistent as you need to be at the NFL level imo.

3 hours ago, Xtina said:

Oh the hindsight. 

The second coming. 

Hiw could Mac know to pass on this guy but not Hackenberg? 

And Geno Smith still has a job in football?!?!?!?!?!?!?? 

Remember all the talk that Elway, "the QB whisperer" beat the Jets to their FQB

That we drafted Smith while "the QB whisperer" got his FQB

Geno beat out Lynch for the backup job in Seattle.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

#Facts

Great post.

I always thought Geno was a great risk/reward pick in Round 2.  You can't evaluate in hindsight.  It was the right decision at the time, a calculated risk at the most important position on the field.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Brandon Marshall is more than depth I would say he could instantly start next to Mosley . Hell if giants sign him . he would be there best inside linebacker on there team .

the other 2 meh ... I don’t even think ray is better than we what currently have .. and I would be terrified to see Tabor in GW man to man scheme . Just  my opinion though . 

Youre assuming hes healthy 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Because Paxton Lynch is horrible.  To me he looked like a poor man’s Kaepernick coming out of college

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

#Facts

Great post.

I always thought Geno was a great risk/reward pick in Round 2.  You can't evaluate in hindsight.  It was the right decision at the time, a calculated risk at the most important position on the field.

Seattle will just love it if he actually has to play for RW....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Care to Elaborate I don’t know much about him 

pretty sure he's already played for us  - as a Cornerback. 

Duke had attitude/off-field problems at Auburn, cost him getting drafted (went UDFA i believe)... couldn't stick with CAR, wound up bouncing back and forth from CFL as a WR to NFL as CB... think he's like 47 yrs old now. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Duke had attitude/off-field problems at Auburn, cost him getting drafted (went UDFA i believe)... couldn't stick with CAR, wound up bouncing back and forth from CFL as a WR to NFL as CB... think he's like 47 yrs old now. 

Close........he just turned 26.

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

@Scoop24  my bad, i'm thinking of Nick Marshall, the Auburn QB who flipped back to CB (in HS) when was with us the same time that Duke was floating around... the off field and attitude stuff stands, but it wasn't Duke who played CB for us. 

Hard pass.  

Josh Doctson   WR   TCU

STRENGTHS
Josh does a really good job as a receiver going against man coverage. He is a quick-twitch athlete with nice size and speed. He has excellent hands and catches the ball at all levels with the aggressiveness that you like to see in a receiver for the next level. He has quick feet and solid lateral agility. Josh will sell out to make a catch and is fearless going over the middle when asked. He likes to be used deep for the impact catch as well as taking pride in moving the chains on a third downs. He is a willing blocker. Josh likes the responsibility of being the main receiver in a system that uses a lot of receivers on the field on every down. He does have talent to play at the next level, but remember, it takes more than talent to play in the NFL. 

CONCERNS
Right now, Josh is in an offensive system that dictates single coverage with simplified route running. He runs his routes at one speed and in the NFL, he will have to learn to change gears and run the whole route tree. His lack of bulk will not allow him to be an option to move the chains consistently because of the pounding a possession receiver takes at the next level. He struggles reading zone coverage except for one particular route. He has the advantage in his college team’s offensive system of being a better athlete than most players, which will not happen in the NFL. In short, Josh is a one dimensional receiver and to be a multi-dimensional receiver, he has a lot of work to do and I’m not convinced he has shown the work ethic to get much better than he is right now. 

TALENT BOARD ROUND: 3
Josh has talent, there is no doubt about that. However, being in this style of offensive system, he hasn’t progressed as a receiver for the next level. I love that he has an excellent catch radius and is a willing blocker, but his lack of bulk and the fact that he hasn’t seemed to improve his route running over the years is a big concern. That lack of maturity on the field to improve raises a red flag for me. Josh just runs as fast as he can on most routes and only runs a handful of routes in this system. That sends a red flag also. These concerns don’t mean that he can’t impact at the next level, but for the purposes of this draft, it does mean that he is behind compared to some other receivers with his type of talent. Josh has to add about 15 lbs of muscle without it affecting his quickness and that, along with learning to run routes at the NFL level, means he can be used as a number three receiver until he shows marked improvement in both of these areas. If he does improve, then Josh can impact at the next level and stay on the field for all three downs. 

Drew Boylhart  FEB.2016

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

WR Josh Doctson from Redskins

WR Laquon Treadwell from Vikings

Both being cut if they can't be traded.  Per @Rapsheet

Both interesting. If we could unearth a solid wr to play opposite Robbie when Enunwa is hurt or goes through his drops...

4 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Dont know much about duke . But bills fans are shocked by the cut

The Bills cut Williams on Saturday, Jay Skurski of The Buffalo News reports.

Williams had been a solid asset during the preseason, racking up two touchdowns and coming on strong. The former CFL product had been looking to settle in as the final receiver to make the roster, but failed to do so. He could be a good practice squad candidate for Buffalo or could head back to the CFL. There's also a shot that with the way the Bills used his size effectively during the preseason, another NFL team will give him a shot.

27 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Both interesting. If we could unearth a solid wr to play opposite Robbie when Enunwa is hurt or goes through his drops...

Doctson has had flashes he’s just never put it together 

Treadwell has been a total waste of time

27 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I have no idea what OAK is thinking.... unless 31 other teams are sleeping, then there's no way Doss makes it onto their practice squad... he was their best WR through all of camp/preseason

Frankly, it's ridiculous he went UD

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1