Trenton Cannon (yeah I know---preseason, blah blah)

JohnnyLV

Yes I know it's preseason and I know that it was against the future UPS loaders union members, BUT I think Cannon was very impressive last night.

It really seemed like the lightbulb finally went off in his head and he realized that he can find the hole the play is designed for and just HIT it, or if needed find the crease or bounce it to the edge and make a play.  Seems a little thing, but he looked like a completely different player last night. Dynamic and fast. Was good to see, as he already has a lot of ST value

Also impressive was Dortch. He seems to be incredibly comfortable fielding punts and has at least 3 or 4 very good returns already in preseason. LOCK to make the team I think.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yes I know it's preseason and I know that it was against the future UPS loaders union members, BUT I think Cannon was very impressive last night.

It really seemed like the lightbulb finally went off in his head and he realized that he can find the hole the play is designed for and just HIT it, or if needed find the crease or bounce it to the edge and make a play.  Seems a little thing, but he looked like a completely different player last night. Dynamic and fast. Was good to see, as he already has a lot of ST value

Also impressive was Dortch. He seems to be incredibly comfortable fielding punts and has at least 3 or 4 very good returns already in preseason. LOCK to make the team I think.

Yes, happy for the way both played as well as Bertolet since we need a kicker.

I've been in the camp that Cannon is as much of a lock as any back of the roster player. We're not cutting out top gunner and KR. It's nice to see him finally breakthrough as a RB though. He doesnt look as rough as he did last year. Last year, he looked like a kid who was told grab the ball and run somewhere. 

• Haha 1