Jets \ Bills Game Plan: MERGED

Maxman

On 8/26/2019 at 8:30 AM, slats said:

Darnold outperformed Allen last year in every passing category: comp%, TD%, lower int%, lower sack%, yards/attempt, nearly fifty more yards per game, and a positive TD:int ratio rather than Allen's 10:12. 

Only place where Allen edged Darnold was yards/completion, Allen came in at 12.3, and Darnold had a 12.0. That put Allen #8 in the league in that category, while Darnold was #11. 

Checkdown Sam? You have no idea what you're looking at. Watch a Darnold highlight reel and get back to me. 

Not to mention the play-action pass wasn't even in the playbook last year, no running game at all, and the Kid having to make every play by himself, receivers getting zero separation meaning every throw completed had to be at least close to a dime.

Bell should be an awesome weapon/security blanket....Darnold will lead a very exciting offense this year....4,500 yards passing, in his 2nd year.

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Not to mention the play-action pass wasn't even in the playbook last year, no running game at all, and the Kid having to make every play by himself, receivers getting zero separation meaning every throw completed had to be at least close to a dime.

Bell should be an awesome weapon/security blanket....Darnold will lead a very exciting offense this year....4,500 yards passing, in his 2nd year.

I love your optimism. When it comes to predictions, you're Mr. Go Big or Go Home. :thumbup:

I can't remember your total wins guess, but I do remember you saying multiple times the offense will average over 32 points per game, and Sam with about 40 tds... 

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@14 in Green  shouldn't you be evacuating or preparing for Hurricane Dorian. 

The way they do it in SC is they break up areas into zones. The Governor ordered an evacuation of Zone A, which is well south of me, around noon today. I'm in Zone C, and I live on the Intercoastal Waterway. That's actually a good thing, because it serves as a barrier from ocean and river flooding.

I'm pretty well prepared already, It doesn't look like the storm will get to me until late Thursday. I stayed through Matthew a couple of years ago, and it was a nightmare long after the storm was gone with outages and road closures for days and even weeks in some areas.. I learned my lesson after that, I'm not going to be a hero buddy. If the forecast turns worse, and they call for my area to evacuate, I'm getting out of Dodge. Appreciate your concern, Joe, I feel for our friends here who are down in Florida though. Stay safe guys!

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The way they do it in SC is they break up areas into zones. The Governor ordered an evacuation of Zone A, which is well south of me, around noon today. I'm in Zone C, and I live on the Intercoastal Waterway. That's actually a good thing, because it serves as a barrier from ocean and river flooding.

I'm pretty well prepared already, It doesn't look like the storm will get to me until late Thursday. I stayed through Matthew a couple of years ago, and it was a nightmare. I learned my lesson after that, I'm not going to be a hero buddy. If the forecast turns worse, and they call for my area to evacuate, I'm getting out of Dodge. Appreciate your concern, Joe, I feel for our friends here who are down in Florida though. Stay safe guys!

Neighbors just moved to Summerville SC last month are they in danger?  

Be safe @14 in Green  hoping and praying for the best for everyone in the path of this storm. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Neighbors just moved to Summerville SC last month are they in danger?  

Be safe @14 in Green  hoping and praying for the best for everyone in the path of this storm. 

I'm not sure where Summerville is, but it's very different down here then back home. Obviously the storm could be bad, but I've learned that down here the aftermath is often worse. The upland rivers swell for days, then they flood out areas a week or so after the storm has gone. If your friends are in one of those areas by a river, they should listen to the authorities and leave if told to do so. I know @Jetster just moved down here a few months ago, I think he's in Beaufort. He's a newbie here like your friends, so I hope they prepare properly.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm not sure where Summerville is, but it's very different down here then back home. Obviously the storm could be bad, but I've learned that down here the aftermath is often worse. The upland rivers swell for days, then they flood out areas a week or so after the storm has gone. If your friends are in one of those areas by a river, they should listen to the authorities and leave if told to do so. I know @Jetster just moved down here a few months ago, I think he's in Beaufort. He's a newbie here like your friends, so I hope they prepare properly.

Summerville is 25 miles West of Charleston if that helps. 

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Summerville is 25 miles West of Charleston if that helps. 

Oh, ok. They're probably Zone A. That's the area I told you was ordered to evacuate. Some do, some don't, you know how that goes. If they stay they need to prepare well. The best way I can describe it for them is think back to Sandy. The storm was horrible and areas flooded. Imagine that, then about a week later getting another round of flooding and outages from the upland rivers over flowing.

I'm here almost 9 years, and it's a great life down here, but the last 3 or 4 years we've gotten hit by one of these storms.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hey @Raideraholic  how many Raiders cuts did the NY Jets sign? 

None , and let’s see how that works out for the Jets.  K Doss couldn’t have upgraded your Wr corps?    

Raiders also did fine job of protecting their cb depth.   I Johnson they just put on injured reserve just today. ( maybe bring him back later in the year) Some of the other cb they pulled  back early in training camp ( mysterious injury when it was obvious not going to be their top five cb’s), and were able to get them on their practice squad. 

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

None , and let’s see how that works out for the Jets.  K Doss couldn’t have upgraded your Wr corps?    

Raiders also did fine job of protecting their cb depth.   I Johnson they just put on injured reserve just today. ( maybe bring him back later in the year) Some of the other cb they pulled  back early in training camp ( mysterious injury when it was obvious not going to be their top five cb’s), and were able to get them on their practice squad. 

But you said the NY Jets would pick up the Raiders players cut.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

But you said the NY Jets would pick up the Raiders players cut.

All I will say let’s see the new players your new Gm brought in, and how those players fix your deficiencies on defense.  They fix it , than he deserves all the praise he gets.  If not , should have taken my advice .  

Ex Raider Jon Feliciano will have big say in the Jets game against the Bills.

On 8/22/2019 at 11:28 AM, Maxman said:

They still have two preseason games left, but as I look at the schedule I realize the Jets HAVE TO win the opener. It is a division opponent and the Jets are 3.5 point favorite.

No Chris Herndon so Gase will be creative with the receivers. Not sure what kind of workload Bell will have week one, maybe 12 carries, 4 receptions?

No cornerbacks so Gregg Williams will have to be creative as well. The league seemed surprised at how much Josh Allen ran last year so they will be ready for that.

The Jets OLine should be pretty healthy so that is a plus....

Anyhow, what will the game plan be to beat the Bills? (other than control the line of scrimmage and avoid turnovers lol).

I'm worried about two players burning the defensse...  Devin Singletary and Josh Allen's legs.  Singletary is the kind of back that usually shreds the Jets.  Greg Williams is on it. I hope.

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm worried about two players burning the defensse...  Devin Singletary and Josh Allen's legs.  Singletary is the kind of back that usually shreds the Jets.  Greg Williams is on it. I hope.

Don't worry.  It's going to be a shutout.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gore will see most of the carries.  Singletary is tiny.  Hes a 3rd down back at best.

Barry Sanders · Height and weight

Barry Sanders · Height and weight
5' 8" · 200 pound

Devin Singletary · Height and weight

Devin Singletary · Height and weight
5' 7" · 203 pound

Obviously he's Not Barry but this height weight nonsense is just that. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Gore will see most of the carries.  Singletary is tiny.  Hes a 3rd down back at best.

He is Maurice Jones Drew all over again.  A 208 Lb fireplug with shifty moves, the kind of back that routinely shredded slow Jets linebackers for the last 30+ years or so. 

By the way: Frank Gore: 5'9" 212 lbs.  Devin Singletary 5'7" 208lbs.  Youare never right about anything.  Guaranteed.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He is Maurice Jones Drew all over again.  A 208 Lb fireplug with shifty moves, the kind of back that routinely shredded slow Jets linebackers for the last 30+ years or so. 

By the way: Frank Gore: 5'9" 212 lbs.  Devin Singletary 5'7" 208lbs.  Youare never right about anything.  Guaranteed.

Maurice Jones drew ran a 4.39.  Singletary ran a 4.66.  They are not even in the same stratosphere.  Get a clue.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

MJD ran a sub 4.4 40. Singletary 4.66

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Keys in this game so far are McCoy isn't there, does Bell acclimate fast and move the chains, what kind of a game do we get out of Quentin Williams. Is he going to dominate early in his career. Vedvik. And the secondary. 

I was thinking about the Jets running backs, Bilal Powell, will he be active on game day? Cannon has to be for specials, so it seems like he will be the 3rd back. Powell is insurance for injuries maybe?

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Dcat said:

QW, Leo, Adams, and Mosely will shred him!  Our run defense is gonna be stout.

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, Jet Nut said:

I bet you predicted a Bills win at home last you too.   Am I right? 

Yeah we predicted a home win after we took your heart in your stadium 41-10. It’s just hard to predict a miracle 4th qtr comeback with our special teams playing like crap and Robbie Anderson making some clutch catches. 

Wont happen again this time though