Best Hotel Near Madison Square Garden?

So many options, so many skeezy looking hotels, so many bad reviews on review sites......

Any New York'ers or frequent city visitors able to recommend a good hotel in Manhatten as close to MSG as possible?  Preferably one without complimentary bedbugs and ripoff schemes?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So many options, so many skeezy looking hotels, so many bad reviews on review sites......

Any New York'ers or frequent city visitors able to recommend a good hotel in Manhatten as close to MSG as possible?  Preferably one without complimentary bedbugs and ripoff schemes?

Thanks!

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn by MSG last year for work and it wasn't bad. Rooftop bar with good views. What's your price range? That area does suck though.

Not a member of any hotel or chain or airline or the like, I don't generally do enough travel to warrant joining such things.  

Price is not really an issue unless you hit the high-roller/whale $1,000-a-night rates, that's a bit insane.  

Was looking at a few places, but a bit concerned about walking for Pizza and then back to the hotel after the shows at MSG late at night, it's more like 10-15 min walk away with my limpy ass.

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Why do you gotta be right next to MSG?  There are a lot of great options on the upper west side, 2 express stops from MSG.  Will feel way less chaotic.

I gotta second this. Even if you're attending an event at MSG, best to stay out of that area before and after. The neighborhood sucks. You'll save the cab fare in the room rate. Midtown is more expensive because it's perceived as convenient by outsiders, but it just plain blows. Find something in the Village or SoHo.

20 hours ago, HighPitch said:

PS you are WAY too nervous about this trip. Its not afghanistan

Naaa mate, I'm just a suburbs guy who doesn't particularly like cities, or the hassles and annoyances than come with being in them.  No worries, just looking to minimize the things I won't enjoy is all.

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Naaa mate, I'm just a suburbs guy who doesn't particularly like cities, or the hassles and annoyances than come with being in them.  No worries, just looking to minimize the things I won't enjoy is all.

I like cities and I cant stand that area or the times square area of NY. I get it.

To echo others, stay somewhere a bit more chill and grab an uber if you have a bad knee. The tood / bar options will be better and the rates cheaper

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2019 at 9:24 AM, Warfish said:

Thanks!

Almost literally Dead and co. is such a money grab. Weir should be ashamed.2,3 6/700 bucks GTFO.

55 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Almost literally Dead and co. is such a money grab. Weir should be ashamed.2,3 6/700 bucks GTFO.

/shrug

We enjoy the shows alot.  And they're very costly in this case, no question, probably due to the limited number of fall shows.

When they do the full tour, I get seats for much much cheaper.  /shrug

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

/shrug

We enjoy the shows alot.  And they're very costly in this case, no question, probably due to the limited number of fall shows.

When they do the full tour, I get seats for much much cheaper.  /shrug

Hotel pennsylvania across the street. Just got back from Scotland.

IMG_2364.thumb.JPG.3b0fa3b45ca76cfb757560ff661f4c40.JPG

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Was looking near MSG because I am gimpy (bad knee) and wanted to limit how far I had to walk.  I don;t particularly want to take cabs or ubers everywhere.  No worries, I think I have a place picked, so should be ok.

With the money your spending in nyc and on the dead you should drive down and camp for a fee days in north fl and the wanee or rising festivals and see a ton of amazing jam bands as well as jrad doing the dead. Superb and so much better imo that 2 hrs at the garden. Dead n company is a tribute band anyways. 

Last wannee i was in the first few rows for bob weirs campfire band. If your willing to wait for a hal hour you can be front row to any show here

best festival in the world and thats no joke even festies say this is the beat venue in the country