Trader Joe - Jets trade with Colts for CB Nate Hairston

Mo Lew

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Well said. I think you and I are the last of the bunch who feels this way.  I honestly believe that Lee would be worth more today than he was when we traded him. Legget too. (he scored a nice TD the other day)  We said that when it happened and I have not changed my mind now.  Obviously you haven't either.  Hey, I'm all on board for giving Douglas the benefit of the doubt and that He, Hogan and Savage are a FO crew to be reckoned with. I'm in. And our situation might just call for some moves like this where we have to give up a little capital to remain competitive at all. Ok, I'll buy it and not complain too much.  

That said, I feel ya. The Lee and Legget moves were bad moves made by GM Gase.  The first thing I thought today, after trying to figure out who Hairston was, was that we essentially traded Lee for this guy and which of the two would have more value out there today with all of the injuries in the NFL.  I can't help it. I think like that. lol 

So here I am rooting for Lee to be the biggest flop on KC this year and hoping Hairston and Alex Lewis end up being solid contributors... Pro bowlers even. hahaha.  I want no one anywhere outside of the Jets to do well.  I wish them all failure. 

I think you are forgetting that a big part of why Lee was traded was his off field b.s. His twitter posts, etc. Personally, I thought talent and performance wise there is no way the should have traded him for a 6th rounder, that felt like pretty much cutting him. No, he hadn't lived up to his draft status but he could still do certain things no other LB on the team could do b/c of his speed and athleticism. Gase came in and with him came a major culture change that was SUPPOSED to come with Bowles after Rex- who pretty much let the players run the team (for better or worse). 

Legget was in the same boat. Here's a guy that size and ability to be a good blocker and just wont put to work into developing that skill set. That was a big knock on Legget- his work ethic. He was also constantly injured. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Let me recap:

This started when you made the claim that because Hairston wasn't drafted by Hogan, he had no inside knowledge of him, and that you can review the tape that everyone has, and that was all that JD needed to trade for him and he didn't need to ask Hogan anything about the player.

Literally none of that was said.  Good talk.

• Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

This is a legitimately terrible and self-contradictory take. It doesn't matter how we got the pick Douglas traded, because Douglas didn't make that move. By the time Douglas got here, Lee had been traded and the return on it is the equivalent of a sunk cost. If you are holding that pick in the hopes of getting equivalent value to Lee out of it, then you are saying that the return for Lee was actually fair, because it is reasonable to expect equivalent value to him from that pick. 

In other words, you can think that the Chiefs fleeced the Jets in the Lee deal (i agree) - but if so you cannot argue that getting a cornerback with actual NFL starting experience for a 6th round pick is a bad deal because you wouldn't have traded Lee for him straight up.  Or you can criticize this deal as not enough value for that sixth round pick, but if so it makes it much harder to argue that the Chiefs fleeced the Jets when they gave them that same pick for Lee. 

It would be different if the same person pulled the trigger on both deals. Because then you could point to the inconsistent valuations of that particular pick held by the GM who first accepted it as a return for Lee and then dealt it for this quarterback. But since it isn't the same person valuing the pick on both sides of the equation, your point is ridiculous

Normally I'd be more then happy to talk more about this. We obviously disagree, which is fine, we're allowed to do that. If you had replied respectfully, and made your points like an adult, I'd have been happy to engage you further.

However, your first and last sentence made me realize you're not the type of person I would ever want to discuss anything with, so I'll just let your post speak for itself. 

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nashville nice music city USA 

Bought a home 40 minutes away.  Unfortunately for me, I dislike country music....no, dislike is too mild.  You can’t go anywhere in this state without hearing it, over and over, everywhere.

Good news, it’s also the home of the blues!

10 hours ago, PepPep said:

I think you are forgetting that a big part of why Lee was traded was his off field b.s. His twitter posts, etc. Personally, I thought talent and performance wise there is no way the should have traded him for a 6th rounder, that felt like pretty much cutting him. No, he hadn't lived up to his draft status but he could still do certain things no other LB on the team could do b/c of his speed and athleticism. Gase came in and with him came a major culture change that was SUPPOSED to come with Bowles after Rex- who pretty much let the players run the team (for better or worse). 

Legget was in the same boat. Here's a guy that size and ability to be a good blocker and just wont put to work into developing that skill set. That was a big knock on Legget- his work ethic. He was also constantly injured. 

I hear all of that. I do. And I think the using the KC 6th for Hairston just pokes a finger in the old cut which is why it's coming up again.  I thought Lee would have done well with a coach like GW, but even if that was never gonna happen, I just wanted to get more for him. That's really all it boils down to for me. Every year there are injuries and shake ups in training camp. Lee's value would have gone up right about now. I was personally of the belief that we could have gotten a 3rd for him at worst, but even if it was a  4th or 5th it's better than the 6th. Truth be told I would think we could get a CB or OL depth by using Lee too which might even be better for this season. 

But I would also understand if Gase just thought he wanted Lee out of here for the reasons you mentioned plus showing the team that draft statues does not guarantee anything. Ya know, to put guys on notice.  Even with all of that I just believe it was Gase throwing turds in Macc's coffee cup as he left. It probably has little else to do with any of the reasons we both mentioned.  And that is the problem I had with everything at that time. Gase the GM scared the hell out of me and I am happy that Douglas is in town. I also don't think Douglas is stupid enough to undervalue anyone. Legget would have at least gotten us something. A conditional 7th, a 3rd string G, a K. Something. 

Its over and I'm not torn up anymore, but again seeing what the 6th was used for is kinda disappointing. Let's hope I'm dead wrong. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Bought a home 40 minutes away.  Unfortunately for me, I dislike country music....no, dislike is too mild.  You can’t go anywhere in this state without hearing it, over and over, everywhere.

Good news, it’s also the home of the blues!

A lot of country music is sounding like rock music.