Pete Schrager Clowney Trade Scenario- Speculation

I saw a vid today where Pete Schrager and the MMQB crew talked about a potential and realistic trade scenario for David Clowney.  They came up with the Jets sending the Texans Brandon Shell and Bilal Powell. It would address two of the Texans needs and on the cheap side. I really considered how I'd feel about that trade with leaving Chuma Edoga as the starting RT. I go back and forth. Especially considering Powell who I happen to like a lot.  That would remove the big RB question of who to keep around and Mcguire would dogge a bullet imo. 

What do you guys think about this one?  Would ya pull the trigger? Do you think its realistic? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I saw a vid today where Pete Schrager and the MMQB crew talked about a potential and realistic trade scenario for David Clowney.  They came up with the Jets sending the Texans Brandon Shell and Bilal Powell. It would address two of the Texans needs and on the cheap side. I really considered how I'd feel about that trade with leaving Chuma Edoga as the starting RT. I go back and forth. Especially considering Powell who I happen to like a lot.  That would remove the big RB question of who to keep around and Mcguire would dogge a bullet imo. 

What do you guys think about this one?  Would ya pull the trigger? Do you think its realistic? 

JADAVEON CLOWNEY????????

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

The Texans GM/HC should be fired on the spot if this happens.

I'd accept it though. ?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Player for player trades don't happen that often until they do. 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I wouldnt trade for Clowney under any circumstances. We cannot sign him to long term deal and we are not the team for one year rental players. Plus trading OL???? No way

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jets would need to clear $12 million, maybe more with today’s trade

shell and Powell wouldn’t be enough 

Wait. Why so much? The Jets are 11+ under cap. Hairston’s contract is immaterial. Shell gives us 2 mil. We would need to make room to have some money for emergencies. But that shouldn’t stop us from making this trade. Resign Osemele to lessen his cap hit this year. Cut McLendon. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

For Jadeveon maybe, but for David Clowney you may have to throw in some 1st round picks to score that beast.

Preseason is almost over, trading for David Clowney now would be a waste. He only plays well in the preseason. 

• Haha 2

Jets would need to clear $12 million, maybe more with today’s trade
shell and Powell wouldn’t be enough 

Right. People jumping up and down like it’s the easiest thing In the world. There’s a lot more to this than getting a starting RT and a solid reserve RB. It would essentially be giving up those guys for the privilege of over paying (David lol ) clowney. So it could be fit s one year rental if he’s even willing to do that.

Trade one disgruntled, injury prone malcontent with tons of talent for two inexpensive solid contributors.

There’s quite a bit to think about.

That said, I’d do it but after a long dinner with coffee and cake.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

ALOL that could be the worst trade I've ever heard. That can't be serious? I get Houston doesn't have a GM but regardless no team is that inept to ever accept that.

Why is that?  They have a guy who they simply don't want to pay. He's going to do nothing for them. I would say getting a starting RT and solid reserve RB is significantly better than having a guy who isn't playing for them. 

16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Why is that?  They have a guy who they simply don't want to pay. He's going to do nothing for them. I would say getting a starting RT and solid reserve RB is significantly better than having a guy who isn't playing for them. 

That trade wouldn’t work in Madden. A below average RT and a 30 something 3rd string rb? For Clowney? Give me a break, keep dreaming 

• Upvote 1