Pete Schrager Clowney Trade Scenario- Speculation

I saw a vid today where Pete Schrager and the MMQB crew talked about a potential and realistic trade scenario for David Clowney.  They came up with the Jets sending the Texans Brandon Shell and Bilal Powell. It would address two of the Texans needs and on the cheap side. I really considered how I'd feel about that trade with leaving Chuma Edoga as the starting RT. I go back and forth. Especially considering Powell who I happen to like a lot.  That would remove the big RB question of who to keep around and Mcguire would dogge a bullet imo. 
What do you guys think about this one?  Would ya pull the trigger? Do you think its realistic? 

I think Clowney is highly overrated but I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

I think Clowney is highly overrated but I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Maybe.  I'm really not sure. It has more to do with the money and ability to sign him long term. There are no guarantees he plays or signs after this season.   And he's not that good actually. he will go to Miami and we will just block him like everyone else does. 

48 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Maybe.  I'm really not sure. It has more to do with the money and ability to sign him long term. There are no guarantees he plays or signs after this season.   And he's not that good actually. he will go to Miami and we will just block him like everyone else does. 

My thinking is that Shell is a weak link on the line and Edoga will be starting for him shortly in any event.  And Powell is our third running back, coming off an injury and in his last year.  This does not seem to me a lot to give up, even for a rental.

• Sympathy 1