Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jet_Engine1

Hurricane Dorian Assistance

Recommended Posts

I live in N.J and i'm recovering from a very serious back operation with sciatic nerve issues currently, I cannot help anyone at this time. If I was healthy I would most definitely help out if I could, after all I've been volunteering for the fire department for the last 38 years of my life. 

@Jet_Engine1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I live in N.J and i'm recovering from a very serious back operation with sciatic nerve issues currently, I cannot help anyone at this time. If I was healthy I would most definitely help out if I could, after all I've been volunteering for the fire department for the last 38 years of my life. 

@Jet_Engine1

I thought you were down here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I thought you were down here.

I wish I was I like the warm weather and sunshine. Friends have relocated to Cape Coral and others are in the process of building homes there as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Rio/ Jensen Beach, have everything I need to do covered. If you find anyone who needs a hand let me know. I should be free.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone in the path, please be safe.  Hurricanes are nothing to be trifled with.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like South Florida is going to get rocked.  Please safe and take precautions.  This could be massive by the time it gets here. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Snook said:

In Rio/ Jensen Beach, have everything I need to do covered. If you find anyone who needs a hand let me know. I should be free.

I'm in Stuart. Reach out if you need anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Longtime neighbors and family friends recently moved to S.Carolina they are worried as well about this storm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just checked the latest...

looks like s fl is off the hook. Fl might not get hit at all. Its heading north toward GA and SC.

good luck fellas. Buy some gas for yer hondas

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We dodged a bullet, more like a buzz saw, Floridians.  My heart goes out to those in the Bahamas.  Just brutal devastation. 

Jax Beach only got some wind and rain.  Debris, some puddles, but all in all, not bad.  Never lost power, no trees down, no flooded streets.

Hope everyone is safe!  Good luck everyone up on the Carolina's! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, the storm has strengthened back to a Category 3.  The wife and I evacuated from Wilmington to Raleigh, so we'll be fine.  Just worried about the folks who stayed at home.  I almost wish there had been a mandatory evacuation to get them to leave.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this one is crazy. Going g to a drop point today for Bahamas relief,  donating all of our hurricane supplies and bedding etc, barges will be enroute soon.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ugh, the storm has strengthened back to a Category 3.  The wife and I evacuated from Wilmington to Raleigh, so we'll be fine.  Just worried about the folks who stayed at home.  I almost wish there had been a mandatory evacuation to get them to leave.  

I told you they always miss us and hit you!  Just kidding.  Be safe!  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah, this one is crazy. Going g to a drop point today for Bahamas relief,  donating all of our hurricane supplies and bedding etc, barges will be enroute soon.

Nice!  We're doing the same.  Tons of clothes.  I'm going to ask the company to do something as well, run a food drive or something

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JiF said:

I told you they always miss us and hit you!  Just kidding.  Be safe!  

Usually the Outer Banks serves as "protection" for us, and Wilmington ends up skating by.  In all my years here there really weren't any bad storms until Florence last year, and now this one.  Back to back after years of quiet.  Luck of the draw I guess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JiF said:

Nice!  We're doing the same.  Tons of clothes.  I'm going to ask the company to do something as well, run a food drive or something

Drives are really nice and mean well, but unfortunately a lot of those donations never make it to people.  Cash is king when it comes to disasters:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ugh, the storm has strengthened back to a Category 3.  The wife and I evacuated from Wilmington to Raleigh, so we'll be fine.  Just worried about the folks who stayed at home.  I almost wish there had been a mandatory evacuation to get them to leave.  

Neighbors just relocated to Summerville SC they lost power 2 days ago is what I just heard. 

Stay safe @Jetsfan80 wish you the best. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Drives are really nice and mean well, but unfortunately a lot of those donations never make it to people.  Cash is king when it comes to disasters:

 

 

We have 2 helicopters, and around 20 boats being loaded as I speak. The Bahamas are our neighbors here in South Florida.....The Cruise Liner from Port of Palm Beach that does overnight cruises to Nassau is loading their entire cargo area and taking volunteers to directly offload at Freeport. 

 

Cash Is what disappears (ask Haiti). Direct loads of Food, water, clothing, and generators is what the Bahamians need right now, not some bloated bureaucracy taking their cut and then promising to get the money there....someday....

 

And if you're using Adam Conover as a credible source, I have a bridge I'd love to sell you.... Hope you guys do OK up there. We seriously lucked the F*** out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We have 2 helicopters, and around 20 boats being loaded as I speak. The Bahamas are our neighbors here in South Florida.....The Cruise Liner from Port of Palm Beach that does overnight cruises to Nassau is loading their entire cargo area and taking volunteers to directly offload at Freeport. 

 

Cash Is what disappears (ask Haiti). Direct loads of Food, water, clothing, and generators is what the Bahamians need right now, not some bloated bureaucracy taking their cut and then promising to get the money there....someday....

 

And if you're using Adam Conover as a credible source, I have a bridge I'd love to sell you.... Hope you guys do OK up there. We seriously lucked the F*** out.

 

I'm talking about donating money directly to organizations that help, not to the government.  

Very cool to see that there are solid transportation options for those goods to get them directly into peoples' hands.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Sandy, Team Rubicon was fantastic. The Red Cross, not so much, unless nasty blankets and day old Burger King counts. Have noticed already the Red Cross is advertising everywhere.And they did very little but solicit for $ with photos of wrecked homes. Those people never saw the Red Cross. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading to Freeport tomorrow with a Task Force of volunteers to help with SAR and resource allocation.  Going via the Palm Beach Princess Cruise Liner filled with supplies. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Heading to Freeport tomorrow with a Task Force of volunteers to help with SAR and resource allocation.  Going via the Palm Beach Princess Cruise Liner filled with supplies. 

 

God Bless You and stay safe........thanks for your service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got wifi for a bit. Hotter than **** down here, but we're doing what we can.  Dropped equipment off the grand Bahama FD yesterday to replace what they lost in the storm.  

 

FB_IMG_1568738389000.jpg.dbdb1615799afd2cc64a5cc9ba595cc8.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...