Trevor Lawrence

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ok, do you see any chance of him just sitting out a year and not playing football?

No. It would be unprecedented and a huge red flag. Players like Lawrence have insurance policies for this very reason.

Jaylon Smith is a great example where you can find some of the details about these policies.

Lawrence is a baller, he's gonna be good. Like UT said he's up there among prospects coming out.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RobR said:

No. It would be unprecedented and a huge red flag. Players like Lawrence have insurance policies for this very reason.

Jaylon Smith is a great example where you can find some of the details about these policies.

Lawrence is a baller, he's gonna be good. Like UT said he's up there among prospects coming out.

Red flag to who??  Not 1 nfl team looking for a qb would hold it against him.  

These guys dont play in the bowl games at the end of their junior year and its not held against them.  Bosa basically did this and it wasnt held against him.

Its only fans who think like this.  Any pro and college team understand exactly what these guys are doing and its the smart thing to do.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Red flag to who??  Not 1 nfl team looking for a qb would hold it against him.  

These guys dont play in the bowl games at the end of their junior year and its not held against them.  Bosa basically did this and it wasnt held against him.

Its only fans who think like this.  Any pro and college team understand exactly what these guys are doing and its the smart thing to do.

Cmon. Not one team would hold it against him if he decided to play in the XFL for a year and collect endorsements or sit the entire year when he was healthy? 

It's a silly scenario that has no chance of playing out. Comparing it to what happened to Bosa is comparing apples and oranges to the nth degree. 

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

jesus Christ people, life isn’t only about money

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He was loyal for 2 years.  You think a single teammate or coach would not understand what he is doing?

So are these guys not loyal when they leave after year 3 or does that not count for loyalty?

This sounds like an Andrew luck retirement discussion. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So if the xfl offered him 2 million dollars to play 10 games.  And the endorsements he could start recieving.  You dont think he should take that?

If im the xfl, thats the guy I want to get this league off the ground.  A marketable star.  It would only be for 1 year but thats the guy they need to get.

Because he can't wait a year, go to the NFL, get a 40 million dollar deal instead he should risk it for the relatively insignificant couple of mil?

Youve made Bell into a money grabber, turned to a selfish player and a cancer for wanting to control his livelihood.  Now it's a 180

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well its good he doesnt have you as an advisor.  Taking another snap for free after this year would be the dumbest possible thing this young man could do.

Then call him a moron cause that’s exactly what he’s gonna do.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well its good he doesnt have you as an advisor.  Taking another snap for free after this year would be the dumbest possible thing this young man could do.

There are articles about this.  His best path to millions is playing where he is. Dominant team won’t be letting him take many hits.  Staying out would hurt his draft status.  Playing in the XFLfor a year won’t be as lucrative or safe as you think. He can buy insurance to protect against career threatening injury

20 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

If we didn't have Sam I'd be drooling over this kid.  Wishing, begging for this kid... now I just hope he goes bald early in life.

If you had the ability to swap out Sam for this kid, which would you prefer on the Jets?  

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

There are articles about this.  His best path to millions is playing where he is. Dominant team won’t be letting him take many hits.  Staying out would hurt his draft status.  Playing in the XFLfor a year won’t be as lucrative or safe as you think. He can buy insurance to protect against career threatening injury

What am I missing here?  Is he not going to get hit at Clemson?

His signing bonus after the NFL draft would be bigger than all the money he would earn over the course of a career in the Xfl. For losing all that cash, he'd have the privilege of having Vince McMahon running his life. You should take a look at what wrestlers have had to day about that guy over the years. Lol. 

vince mcmahon laughing GIF by WWE

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ok, do you see any chance of him just sitting out a year and not playing football?

Because after one good season on a stacked, powerhouse program he has nothing to prove?  No one would stop and think he was thinking only about himself and look at that decision and pass a lot of negative judgement his way? 

9 hours ago, RobR said:

Here's a cool video from the Elite 11 with him going against Tua. Definitely worth a watch if you have a few minutes.

Can't help but to think of that kid with the long hair from Dazed and Confused when I see Lawrence. 

But god I hope he stays far far away from the AFC East and AFC come draft time. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think its as crazy an idea as people are making it out to be.  But it would have to be for like 25 million, not 2.  

The insurance policy would still be available.  If it was a 1 year deal, and the team knew he would play for them, he’d still get the number 1 pick.

i definitely understand why he might still turn it down, but I wouldn’t blame him for taking the deal too.  

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

From a guy who just suggested hes the best prospect ever.  Hahahahahaha. 

Dude, take a seat. 

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Again. Could. 

Everyone gets anointed so fast nowadays 

Maybe you live in a circle of hyperbole, but i've never used that expression in the draft, certainly not when talking about a QB.... and I said if he continues along his trajectory... which fcking rights he would be one of the best ever. He won the natty in his freshman year and played like a tenured NFL vet QB. There is no need to be conservative talking about Trevor. 

Lets all just pray he doesn't wind up in NE as the successor. That would be satan himself moving chess pieces against us.  

14 hours ago, Untouchable said:

If he continues to progress (or hell, just stay at the same level), he’ll be the greatest QB prospect in history come 2021. He’ll use Elway, Peyton and Luck to wipe his brown eye.

I just hope that Miami and Buffalo continue to toil in mediocrity and have no chance at him.

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Maybe you live in a circle of hyperbole, but i've never used that expression in the draft, certainly not when talking about a QB.... and I said if he continues along his trajectory... which fcking rights he would be one of the best ever. He won the natty in his freshman year and played like a tenured NFL vet QB. There is no need to be conservative talking about Trevor. 

Lets all just pray he doesn't wind up in NE as the successor. That would be satan himself moving chess pieces against us.  

Indeed 

Lawrence seems to be a great prospect but I'm stunned the degree to which he's been anointed.

Here's a hot take -- I didn't think he was that great last year. He had some BALLER wide receivers make him look good in that title game on some inaccurate throws, IMO. 

He'll probably go on to be very good but I am not sold at all this guy's going to rule the NFL just yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

He's enjoying himself, he probably wants a degree.  He's very religious. He's not all about the Benjamin's.  He can become the greatest college QB ever.  He wants to get better, hone his skills for an NFL career even though he could probably compete in the NFL right now. 

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why would this guy play college football next year?  I only see 1 option:

1- play 1 year in the xfl and make a few million dollars.  Then enter the draft that May.

Can anyone make a case as to why returning to college football for a 3rd year would be better then that?

Imagine thinking xfl players will make a few million dollars for 1 season

• Haha 1