Game Observations (PHI)

KRL

2 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

I felt like Elijah McGuire didn’t really help his chances and will be cut too. He is a shifty runningback who has a hard time staying on his feet. Multiple times last night he had a step on his guy but just goes down with an arm tackle. Even had a touchdown on one play with a great angle but couldn’t stay up 

It’s over for Mr. 2 yard per a carry .. he is good receiving back but he isn’t a good runner . 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

I felt like Elijah McGuire didn’t really help his chances and will be cut too. He is a shifty runningback who has a hard time staying on his feet. Multiple times last night he had a step on his guy but just goes down with an arm tackle. Even had a touchdown on one play with a great angle but couldn’t stay up 

I liked him from day one, don't know what happened to him he never improved.

• Upvote 4

cashman looked great, I agree he may end up taking over for Hewitt.

Polite was very disappointing. He did nothing. On the fumble play where Luvu scooped the ball, Polite was there first but seemed so clumsy and slow he couldn't make the play. He looks so slow and unathletic out there. How did he get 11 sacks last yr in the SEC?  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, KRL said:

- One player who I think will definitely be gone is Nathan Shepherd.
He got no reps, which isn't a good sign if your spot is shaky      

Thought I saw him line up a couple of times.  Problem is he did nothing when he was out there

1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

I think Chase Winovich regret needs more discussion

It's just MIND BLOWING that fans can draft better than the guy our organization was actually paying a freaking salary to! 

Honest to god, Chris Johnson could have had a nerd load up on analytics & had a computer make the picks based on BPA & I guarantee you we would have been better off this 2015.

And the absolute worst part is Winovich was chosen AFTER Polite & by Satan. WORSE POSSIBLE RESULT because we need a pass rusher in the worst way & got a slug & Sam is going to be chased around for years by this guy. Horrible outcome. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Shepard started as a bouncer & heads back to bouncing. You just gotta shake your head that we hire GMs who try to be cute to enhance their own resumes (oh, I can find a diamond in the rough). DRAFT FOOTBALL PLAYERS! Just like Polite, should have been the high motor Winovich. 2 wasted 3rd round picks. That's why our depth blows goats. 

Goats

JD should have the balls to put Polite and Shepherd on the practice squad.  That is where they belong.  Tempt some other team to put them on their roster.  

Polite gets a year working out.  Shepherd is warehoused as a big body if someone gets hurt. 

I am even thinking we keep more WR and only 2 TEs. They are so bad. Wait for Herndon. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

He could have had Christian Hackenberg throw footballs at the draft board and come up with better picks.

Mac is so done in the NFL.  Yes, he made a lot of money, but that is all he makes.  Just disgraceful what he did. Who was actually in charge of the draft?  Was it Heimerdinger?  Who was Mac’s Director of College Scouting for the last 3 years.  Just terrible.  

Bowles has Arians to protect him.  Mac got nobody. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Mac is so done in the NFL.  Yes, he made a lot of money, but that is all he makes.  Just disgraceful what he did. Who was actually in charge of the draft?  Was it Heimerdinger?  Who was Mac’s Director of College Scouting for the last 3 years.  Just terrible.  

Bowles has Arians to protect him.  Mac got nobody. 

Macc got us the franchise QB we have been waiting for since the 70s, he also built this team which should be a playoff contending team.  Was he perfect? Nope, made a ton of bad decisions but be got us the most important piece moving forward so I will appreciate that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, nyjunc said:

Macc got us the franchise QB we have been waiting for since the 70s, he also built this team which should be a playoff contending team.  Was he perfect? Nope, made a ton of bad decisions but be got us the most important piece moving forward so I will appreciate that.

So he did his job in one case, oh boy!

• Upvote 2

Shepard started as a bouncer & heads back to bouncing. You just gotta shake your head that we hire GMs who try to be cute to enhance their own resumes (oh, I can find a diamond in the rough). DRAFT FOOTBALL PLAYERS! Just like Polite, should have been the high motor Winovich. 2 wasted 3rd round picks. That's why our depth blows goats. 
2 months before the draft polite was a first round pick and Wincovich was a nobody. The guy soared up the draftboards because he became popular with the media. He might end up being a steal for the patriots and polite might end up being a bust i think it is way to early to tell but the risk vs reward on polite is justifiable.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

18 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol I sure hope chase lives up to hype jets fans seem to have for him after preseason .. real football starts now . 

I have NFLGamepass, I've been purposely watching Chase, he's 5 times the football player Polite is, he passes the eye test! Last night Chase WATCHED for most of the game while Polite was playing in the 4th quarter. 

23 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

So he did his job in one case, oh boy!

He did a great job with trades and UDFAs along with bringing us the most important piece.  I had no issue moving on from him but he wasn't an idzik disaster, he did some good things.

• Upvote 1