Game Observations (PHI)

KRL

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You are saying we used a 6 overall this year to replace Sheldon Richardson who has been gone for 2 years?  Getting a conditional 4th for Sheldon would have been a good deal, we got a 2.

And the important part is we got Sam.

No, I’m saying Macc did. Me and you we just hang out 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Except the exceptional tape and the numbers he put up in Florida. Stop it. You're talking about the combine. That's it. He didn't even have a history of injuries. And there have been tons of players that were stellar at the combine who ended up being busts b/c they couldn't do it on the football field. If you're talking about the combine just say that. And as I said already, what exactly is Polite doing so terribly that the coaches should give up on his upside? He's a rookie struggling to make big plays. This talk about him having no heart is nonsense. What the F**K do you know about his heart or desire to play? The guy was solid in coverage, very good against the run and outside run contain. And he had a couple of pressures. Again, he's struggling to sack the QB and make big plays. But the insults and the absolute nonsense I'm reading on this thread about Polite- specifically about this game, is absurd. 

I’m not just taking the combine, captain crunch. I’m talking about everything that happened to during his offseason. From workouts to prodays to Agent speak. 

This is one area where I know what the fck I’m talking about, so step off. The time I put in during draft season and the people talk to?— I’ll walk circles around you on this subject. 

3 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

I was super excited we picked him in the 3rd, was really hoping he would show something in preseason to ease the doubt but you can't literally show nothing on the field all preseason and expect to stay on the roster. Maybe we throw him on the PS and hope for the best. At least Edoga looked good, imagine a QW, Winovich and Edoga draft going into this season. All 3 could have been impact players.

If he was an UDFA (debateably should have been) then he would be cut. He hasn’t done anything to earn a spot.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

People people people... Every one Listen please

Holmes is a guaranteed a spot on this team as an outreach program to get star athletes in other countries to join football.

Facts about this program:

- NFL assigned him to the Jets, as they did with the 3 players on the Dolphins, Pats, and Bills

- They do not have to go through waivers

- They will not be cut

- No other team in the league can steal them from your PS

- The players can choose to not play but they are getting paid to learn the sport and they volunteered for this program because they want to play football

- The real discussion is next year when they don't have the player guaranteed spot any longer

In that case, we should’ve opted for an Aussie kicker ?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

Shepard started as a bouncer & heads back to bouncing. You just gotta shake your head that we hire GMs who try to be cute to enhance their own resumes (oh, I can find a diamond in the rough). DRAFT FOOTBALL PLAYERS! Just like Polite, should have been the high motor Winovich. 2 wasted 3rd round picks. That's why our depth blows goats. 

Which are compounded by the fact they were both drafted in years when we didn’t have a second round pick.

Douglas will have his work cut out for him rebuilding this roster through the draft.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, PepPep said:

Except the exceptional tape and the numbers he put up in Florida. Stop it. You're talking about the combine. That's it. He didn't even have a history of injuries. And there have been tons of players that were stellar at the combine who ended up being busts b/c they couldn't do it on the football field. If you're talking about the combine just say that. And as I said already, what exactly is Polite doing so terribly that the coaches should give up on his upside? He's a rookie struggling to make big plays. This talk about him having no heart is nonsense. What the F**K do you know about his heart or desire to play? The guy was solid in coverage, very good against the run and outside run contain. And he had a couple of pressures. Again, he's struggling to sack the QB and make big plays. But the insults and the absolute nonsense I'm reading on this thread about Polite- specifically about this game, is absurd. 

After talking some time to ruminate, i appreciate where you're coming from. I really do. I often advocate for prudent patience as well. It doesn't look good for Polite, but there's enough natural talent that we ought mine a little harder yet before cashing out. 

I'm letting my personal feelings about Macc's decision making influence my approach. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

After talking some time to ruminate, i appreciate where you're coming from. I really do. I often advocate for prudent patience as well. It doesn't look good for Polite, but there's enough natural talent that we ought mine a little harder yet before cashing out. 

I'm letting my personal feelings about Macc's decision making influence my approach. 

Hey Para...I wonder what Philly's evaluation of Polite was after all the combine stuff was done? Douglas was there, had a big part in that room. What if Philly basically had an undraftable grade on him? Douglas might have given him the benefit of the doubt in camp, but Polite showed zilch. Like you said, Douglas has no ties to the player.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Hey Para...I wonder what Philly's evaluation of Polite was after all the combine stuff was done? Douglas was there, had a big part in that room. What if Philly basically had an undraftable grade on him? Douglas might have given him the benefit of the doubt in camp, but Polite showed zilch. Like you said, Douglas has no ties to the player.

Agreed, it's possible Douglas took him off their PHI boards (many did) and any heat from cutting Polite would be channeled in Macc's direction for a wasted pick...  

The x-factor here is how he's presenting in the film rooms and meetings. He was lambasted for his attitude and maturity this past spring. If he's sucking off the field as well? CUT HIM.

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i aint saying yay or nay to that...  but i WILL say this...

people made excuses for that nevershedablockinmylife, cluless bumbler, Darron Lee for years

i don't know why that' showing up as me -- that was pepepep who said the heart stuff...  I understand his desire to preach patience, but i also think he's seriously understating just how colossally stupid and unprofessional Polite was this past spring. 

On 8/30/2019 at 9:25 AM, johnnysd said:

Burnett is not showing in the Gase offense, I think he will be a surprise cut (one we will regret) as I dont get the feeling the CS loves him

He had 12 receptions for almost 100 yards thursday night.

Led all WRs 

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2019 at 10:06 AM, ASH1962 said:

Polite played virtually the entire game last night, don't know where you get 7 snaps from, that is totally false. I watched him on purpose. Hope I am wrong about him, but the look is no heart and no motor at all.

He was in on 17 snaps with 5 tackles.

He also was played out of position due to injuries for whatever thats worth.

59 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Led all WRs 

Those are his total preseason stats.  12/14 rec for 92 yards.  Most receptions by a WR in preseason and tied with Robby in yardage who did it on 5/5 catching (no drops for Robby!).  

I think Burnett has done more than enough to stick.  I'd be disappointed to see him cut loose and I'm pretty sure he'll land on a roster quickly if he is.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Those are his total preseason stats.  12/14 rec for 92 yards.  Most receptions by a WR in preseason and tied with Robby in yardage who did it on 5/5 catching (no drops for Robby!).  

I think Burnett has done more than enough to stick.  I'd be disappointed to see him cut loose and I'm pretty sure he'll land on a roster quickly if he is.

Yeah, I screwed that one up.  But point is the same, he said he had not grasped the gase offense yet he led all WRs in receptions and tied for yardage.

I hope he sticks too, agree someone will grab him pretty quickly

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I screwed that one up.  But point is the same, he said he had not grasped the gase offense yet he led all WRs in receptions and tied for yardage.

I hope he sticks too, agree someone will grab him pretty quickly

I think he's just a good pass catcher with some upside as he learns and gets more experience.  

What I find interesting is that most of the good outside WRs are all bigger - over 6'2" while most of the good slot WRs are all smaller - under 5'10".  It's hard to find a WR who is 6'0" tall like Burnett so comps are hard to come by.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

i don't know why that' showing up as me -- that was pepepep who said the heart stuff...  I understand his desire to preach patience, but i also think he's seriously understating just how colossally stupid and unprofessional Polite was this past spring. 

i just quoted the last thing that mentioned Polite and heart...     not to take on some JN poster...just to point out that making excuses for obviously misdrafted dog-ass LBs is something JN has done before...  and , unspokenly, not something i think they should do again...  so, yeah...    

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Led all WRs 

Unforunately I was right about Burnett. He is not a slot guy he is a smaller outside guy and for whatever reason it was obvious the Jets coaching staff were not fans. Sucks, I think he will become very productive some where.