Glat Steps Down

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Another one falls to Gase. Soon, Woody, Soon.

There's a culture change going on right now.  Mediocrity won't be settled for.

The guy pulling the strings here is Christopher Johnson.  He's been decisive and taken action after sitting back, educating himself, and gathering information during that first year Woody was gone.  Took the decisive step on the HC hire and not the easy way out by selecting the "safe" choice with Mike McCarthy.  Took the unorthodox step of firing Maccagnan in May knowing that the Jets would take heat from everyone in the media during the quietest part of the NFL schedule when ESPN, NFL Network, etc. are salivating for stories.  But it was the right move for the team longterm.  I see it all the time at work and in my profession.  The decisive leaders make the right choices regardless of the ridicule or "bad look" it may generate.  To me, Christopher Johnson looks like a guy who gets it.  He's the master of puppets here.

@SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Considering the rebrand was a bit of a dud/disappointment - wonder if it’s related.

It's almost like they realize it, but just can't come out and say it, LOL. Go on any NFL apparel site. 80% of the Jets stuff has the old logo. This, almost 6 months after the "big reveal"... Leave it to the Jets to match the Browns level of "epic fail" in rebranding.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The good thing about this is we'll probably begin to tweak/scale back the uniforms beginning next season with a new set in 5 years. 

If this guy was in charge of the rebranding, he should have been let go April 5.

I've yet to meet one person (not on this site) who likes the new uniform, logo, or helmet better then the old ones. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

That reveal was ridiculous. Plus how do sit around with these Nike doofuses & not point out the Jersey colors are so far off from the helmets, lol. 

I've said the same thing many times about the green helmets/jerseys. They look horrible together. I'm hoping we go "Dallas" and wear the white jerseys as much as possible. They can change out to the green or white pants depending on whether they're home or away...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The good thing about this is we'll probably begin to tweak/scale back the uniforms beginning next season with a new set in 5 years. 

Lol, no. The new uniforms have been very well received. The reveal show was awful butthe u iforms are a large Improvement

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jmat321 said:

I believe he was hired to get the Jets a new stadium, correct?  

Glat was hired in 2012, nothing to do with the stadium's strategy or construction.

He ran everything outside of what goes on to put the team on the field.  Considering how the Jets are #2 in ticket sales in the entire NFL and operate a very professional operation in Florham Park, he did his job effectively. 

Question is, do he and Maccagnan get rings in February.  Not sure what the protocol is there, but something to think about.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Considering the rebrand was a bit of a dud/disappointment - wonder if it’s related.

How many times can you make this nonsensical statement.  Fans like them, overwhelmingly.  Theyre selling.  

But to really dumb down the argument we'll run with the idea that the rebranding was totally on Glat.  Chris et all had nothing to do with it, LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

That reveal was ridiculous. Plus how do sit around with these Nike doofuses & not point out the Jersey colors are so far off from the helmets, lol. 

Yeah. Like the new helmets. I like the new uniforms. But the two don’t match. Looks weird and should’ve been an obvious non starter in the design

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, BCJet said:

The Jets business side has been as bad as the product on the field since Glat came heee. 

Aside from One Jets Drive, they literally can’t do anything right. The Stadium (somewhere between below average and awful) and  the jersey reveal (horrendous), in particular showed a complete lack of understanding today’s sports environment.  

This job with JD and Sam (and hopefully Gase) is now attractive to bring in a smart business person to run things. 

Neil Glat had nothing to do with the stadium then or now, that is run by a completely different organization.

Ticket sales were his primary focus, and the Jets did an admirable job of managing a lousy team and keeping fans engaged.  Lowering ticket prices and eliminating PSL's in some sections surely was an ownership decision, not just Neil's.  The Jets are #2 in the entire NFL in ticket sales and have no chance to be #1, can't see how anyone could have done any better.

As far as team operations go, I'm not aware that the Jets had problems with transportation or hotels on road gamedays, another responsibility of Neil's.  Toilet paper in Florham Park was of excellent quality.  I didn't like the noodle salad.

The jersey reveal was an embarrassment, but he has an entire department managing media and surely someone there should take the blame.  Eric Allen should be the first to go.  The guy can't even speak.

Bottom line is that Glat was the last vestige of Woody's reign and this is clearly Chris' show now.  Get a new non-football leader, he's going to be loyal to Chris and everyone in the building will 100% be on the same page.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

How many times can you make this nonsensical statement.  Fans like them, overwhelmingly.  Theyre selling.  

But to really dumb down the argument we'll run with the idea that the rebranding was totally on Glat.  Chris et all had nothing to do with it, LOL

Nothing we speculate is ever true, yet everyone keeps getting fired. Jet Nut, on top of it.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

The new uniforms are very popular. I’m normally a traditionalist but this rebranding was needed and the new uniforms look great.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The new uniforms are very popular. I’m normally a traditionalist but this rebranding was needed and the new uniforms look great.

EXACTLY.

If you root for a team because the sleeves, the stripes the color of the helmet you're just a tool.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, that statue should be of Christopher Johnson.

- Fired Bowles
- Hired Gase
- Hired Gregg
- Fired Maccagnan as soon as the draft season was over.
- Jumped the NFL and got first choice of GM candidates in Douglas.
- Traded up to get Darnold.
- Spent the money to get Le'Veon, CJ, Osemele.

He's been running the team for slightly over 2 years.  The man is an animal.

SAR I

Some people just feel the need to whine about something.

Someone wrote they hated the green top, green looks awful.

I said nice but simply means you didnt like the last green top and wouldnt have liked any green top, so whats your point?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Nothing we speculate is ever true, yet everyone keeps getting fired. Jet Nut, on top of it.

He stepped down.  

Who cares are we back to we hate him, he does nothing but we're annoyed he quit?

Like many did with Macc.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

EXACTLY.

If you root for a team because the sleeves, the stripes the color of the helmet you're just a tool.

Mutually exclusive concepts. 

You can be a 50 year diehard fan but it’s not outlandish to expect or hope the unis that look nice. 

I would not stop being a Titans or Bucs fan but holy f*ck those uniforms suck. 

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

EXACTLY.

Question.

If you root for a team, are you allowed to point out that their new helmet doesn't match their home jersey very well? Or would that make you a tool also?

I'm not even going to bring up whether a "true fan" is allowed to dislike a new logo for fear of reaching too deeply into the "tool" box.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Mutually exclusive concepts. 

You can be a 50 year diehard fan but it’s not outlandish to expect or hope the unis that look nice. 

I would not stop being a Titans or Bucs fan but holy f*ck those uniforms suck. 

Completely missed the point.  That whether you like the look or not doesnt change that fact that are a fan of the team.

If I didnt like the uniform I wouldnt stop rooting

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Question.

If you root for a team, are you allowed to point out that their new helmet doesn't match their home jersey very well? Or would that make you a tool also?

I'm not even going to bring up whether a "true fan" is allowed to dislike a new logo...

Totally appropriate. 

Hate the dudes who say “I don’t care if they wear pink polka dots as long as they win”.  

Bullsh*t. Jets go 10-6 in yellow tutoos or skinny jeans or win a SB in dresses I’m not going to be happy. 

Listen. This is our team through thick and thin but jeezuz can our uniforms look nice? Is that too much to ask?

How about you spend millions on new unis and marketing and you get the freaking colors to match? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Question.

I'm not even going to bring up whether a "true fan" is allowed to dislike a new logo...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I've been a fan for over 50 years and in my opinion this team needed a rebranding and I'm glad they got it. Though I am pleased with the entire uniform I especiallyI love the helmet, it's one of the best features. 

The green on the helmet is a combo of all the green's they've worn in their history.  The green in their jersey is Gotham green. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Question.

I'm not even going to bring up whether a "true fan" is allowed to dislike a new logo for fear of reaching to deeply into the "tool" box.

Only if youre harping on something that isnt true.  If youre that wrapped up in minutia.  

That you thought this is important, missing the point of liking the uniform or not doesnt change the idea of rooting for a team, yes, that makes someone a tool. 

No one said anything you took the time to type.  So twist it around, take a really simple concept, you root for a team and twist it something else.

You dont like the uniform, I get it.  And like the others you think its important to remind us of it

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Completely missed the point.  That whether you like the look or not doesnt change that fact that are a fan of the team.

If I didnt like the uniform I wouldnt stop rooting

Of course not but being critical of the unis doesn’t make one less of a fan. 

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I've been a fan for over 50 years and in my opinion this team needed a rebranding and I'm glad they got it. Though I am pleased with the entire uniform I especiallyI love the helmet, it's one of the best features. 

The green on the helmet is a combo of all the green's they've worn in their history.  The green in their jersey is Gotham green. 

I am a died in the wool white helmet guy and I LOVE the new helmets. 

Wish the jerseys were a little closer in color.  

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Of course not but being critical of the unis doesn’t make one less of a fan. 

Who ever said it does?

I like the uniform.  The rest the STHs I know, most like them, a few dont even care. 

Those that dont like them want to complain, blame someone and hint at not rooting.