Glat Steps Down

21 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I am a died in the wool white helmet guy and I LOVE the new helmets. 

Wish the jerseys were a little closer in color.  

This.

It isn’t that the green color of either the helmet or jersey are bad. It’s that they don’t match. Which when you think of putting together a new “uniform” might be something you would try to do. Because it’s, you know, a uniform.

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This.

It isn’t that the green color of either the helmet or jersey are bad. It’s that they don’t match. Which when you think of putting together a new “uniform” might be something you would try to do. Because it’s, you know, a uniform.

It’s like the stupid patchwork jerseys we saw a few years ago where there was hunter, kelly, olive and military green. 

On one jersey. 

Someone obviously didn’t look up the term “uniform”.  

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

A tweet and a half 

This quote is an understatement. Business was the only thing that mattered and football was the side show that kept the lights on. They did barely enough to get people in the seats, sell concessions and merch. It was all about the glitzy polish of being a Johnson family business 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Mrs. Johnson should be thinking long and hard about the different jobs her two sons have done with their team.

Chris definitely seems to get it and have the team heading in a positive direction.  

My guess is that Woody would wonder what to do and had guys like Glat tell him things like "sign Tebow and sell tickets" and "Sanchez is handsome and Latino and will appeal to that demographic."  

When Woody comes back, leave Chris in charge.  

With any luck, Woody ends up in Gitmo or beheaded at Bastille2020

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, that statue should be of Christopher Johnson.

- Fired Bowles
- Hired Gase
- Hired Gregg
- Fired Maccagnan as soon as the draft season was over.
- Jumped the NFL and got first choice of GM candidates in Douglas.
- Traded up to get Darnold.
- Spent the money to get Le'Veon, CJ, Osemele.

He's been running the team for slightly over 2 years.  The man is an animal.  The reason the rebuild is over and now we are on the runway for a decade of success?  Your new owner.  Christopher Johnson.

SAR I

Here we go again - lol

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

This.

LOL, they dont match I tell you

They obviously didnt try to match them.  A multibillion dollar company couldnt do this.  

Really?  They dont match?  

Messing around but really if people dont understand that a metalic, reflective helmet, the same color as a cloth shirt will look a little different under different lighting, well sorry

gettyimages-1154787298-e1566486801861.jp

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Yeah. Like the new helmets. I like the new uniforms. But the two don’t match. Looks weird and should’ve been an obvious non starter in the design

IMO, at the very least, the helmet needed a white stripe down the center.  It's all green.  Not a fan.  I much preferred our previous uniforms.  I would absolutely fire whoever was in charge of this embarrassingly bad rebrand.  We went from one of the best uni's in the NFL to among the very worst.  Those horizontal shoulder stripes are an abomination. 

But we've been through this before and, ultimately, nobody will care very much if they win.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IMO, at the very least, the helmet needed a white stripe down the center.  It's all green.  Not a fan.  I much preferred our previous uniforms.  I would absolutely fire whoever was in charge of this embarrassingly bad rebrand.  We went from one of the best uni's in the NFL to among the very worst.  Those horizontal shoulder stripes are an abomination. 

But we've been through this before and, ultimately, nobody will care very much if they win.

Nah, most of us dont think theyre an "abomination"  or that people need to be fired for making a uniform some dont like.  I'd be they figured a new uni, like when the new "old" parcells uniform was realise would have some who didnt like them.  They figured 1000% would love them.

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Nah, most of us dont think theyre an "abomination"  or that people need to be fired for making a uniform some dont like.  I'd be they figured a new uni, like when the new "old" parcells uniform was realise would have some who didnt like them.  They figured 1000% would love them.

A ton of money gets sunk into these rebrands. When it doesn’t go 1000% correctly heads generally roll. USF had a rebrand this year that went horribly wrong, already went back to the old logo, and everyone basically got fired.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They obviously didnt try to match them.  A multibillion dollar company couldnt do this.  

That’s one picture. If you think they match, when you’re watching them live (which I haven’t) or on tv (which I have) fine, good for you.

When I see them on tv I don’t think they do, and quite a few people agree with me.

That doesn’t make me right, or you wrong. Two people can look at a uniform and have two different opinions. That doesn’t mean one is whining, or a tool.

The Costanza of team presidents. The WSS was never going to happen,  Doctoroff pretended it was a lock. ANYONE who has  brain function and has lived in NYC for 5 minutes knew it would never go forward. Instead they wasted years and millions instead of either going to Flushing or making this sh*thouse so much more. 

Glatt may have only gotten to the party in 2012, but he did nothing to make the gameday experience nay better. We have the worst parking, concessions and parking of any stadium that I have been to. NYC has a mess of new stadiums and arenas, and this despite the highest price tag is the worst of the bunch. 

The rebrand is an embarrassment. We had classic stylish uniforms, and now we'er Saskatchewan or Michigan State. 

Their big ideas; drum lines and CFL uniforms. Oh, great. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The Costanza of team presidents. The WSS was never going to happen,  Doctoroff pretended it was a lock. ANYONE who has  brain function and has lived in NYC for 5 minutes knew it would never go forward. Instead they wasted years and millions instead of either going to Flushing or making this sh*thouse so much more. 

Glatt may have only gotten to the party in 2012, but he did nothing to make the gameday experience nay better. We have the worst parking, concessions and parking of any stadium that I have been to. NYC has a mess of new stadiums and arenas, and this despite the highest price tag is the worst of the bunch. 

The rebrand is an embarrassment. We had classic stylish uniforms, and now we'er Saskatchewan or Michigan State. 

Their big ideas; drum lines and CFL uniforms. Oh, great. 

You mean #gothamgreen didn’t resonate? 

2 hours ago, ryu79 said:

Yeah. Ive gotten a lot of compliments on my white kit. 

The white looks good, and the helmet looks better against it.

I really can’t comment on the new blacks, haven’t seen them on tv yet. I won’t lie though, I think black uniforms have been overdone, I’d have preferred grey as the third option. I think the green would’ve popped more.

58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Messing around but really if people dont understand that a metalic, reflective helmet, the same color as a cloth shirt will look a little different under different lighting, well sorry

I personally think that part of what makes the uniforms great is the myriad of colors the helmets reflect and how multi dimensional they are. The take flight logo is too much like the Chargers bolt and the new logo is duller fresh mud, but they are super clean, the colors pop, and they seem modern and just different enough, more than the sum of their parts. When Sam wins a couple SBs people will think they are the best uniform evah

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I personally think that part of what makes the uniforms great is the myriad of colors the helmets reflect and how multi dimensional they are. The take flight logo is too much like the Chargers bolt and the new logo is duller fresh mud, but they are super clean, the colors pop, and they seem modern and just different enough, more than the sum of their parts. When Sam wins a couple SBs people will think they are the best uniform evah

That really is the end all to the uniform debate. This is the look of the Darnold era Jets. They'll be judged on how valid our faith is in our SoCal Savior. 

43 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

this.....period

On 5/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, Jet Nut said:

One more time and over.

Neil Glatt has nothing to do with the Jets winning or losing games.  

You're looking for reasons beyond the obvious of why they havent been winning games.  Its not N Glatt and the marketing side of the business 

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

434E7085-A291-4FB7-86E5-2071ECB0870F.jpeg.6ca2a09e806ab562db7f33aa24772c14.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

A ton of money gets sunk into these rebrands. When it doesn’t go 1000% correctly heads generally roll. USF had a rebrand this year that went horribly wrong, already went back to the old logo, and everyone basically got fired.

Other than its gone really well you would have a point as you did with USF

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I am a died in the wool white helmet guy and I LOVE the new helmets. 

Wish the jerseys were a little closer in color.  

1164734262.jpg.0.jpg

The helmets are a metallic gradient while the jerseys are a solid color fabric.  The helmet runs from a green that's the same color as the jerseys down to an almost blck.  Because our jerseys have an element of black in them, they work.

TV cameras make fabrics and plastics look different. If there's an NFL team with a gradient helmet, it's going to mismatch the jersey on TV.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

This.

usatsi_13257459-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=

We didn't go with a solid color helmet like the Packers.  We went with a gradient style helmet, one that changes shades dynamically, I believe we're the only team in the NFL with that type of technology.

Plain green helmets look dreadful.  Ours shift in color based on the lighting and coordinate with our green/white/black uniforms nicely.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

That’s one picture. If you think they match, when you’re watching them live (which I haven’t) or on tv (which I have) fine, good for you.

When I see them on tv I don’t think they do, and quite a few people agree with me.

That doesn’t make me right, or you wrong. Two people can look at a uniform and have two different opinions. That doesn’t mean one is whining, or a tool.

As a photographer, I'll say it again.  The helmets are reflective, the temp of the color will shift a bit under different lighting.  Daylight, they are perfect.  Night time theyre a hair different.  Daylight lighting is a different temp than artificial stadium lighting.  Thats the way it is.  

Only the ultimate complainers would stare at pictures where the colors are negligibly off a hair.  At night.  A hair.  As if theres a rule, helmet has to be the exact same shade as the shirts.  

As if anyone thinks metallic, reflective helmets are supposed to look exactly the same a a jersey. 

Do you hear yourself?