Glat Steps Down

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Can anyone give the cliff notes on what glat was actually responsible for?

Everything that has nothing to do with player personnel and X's and O's.  All the non-performance stuff:

Operations
Facilities
Ticket Sales
Merchandising
Internet
Media Relations
Video Production
Marketing
Partnerships
Jets Rewards
Human Resources
Security
Legal

SAR I

4 hours ago, 20andOut said:

Whats with the senior advisor BS. It is clear form both his and the teams statements that he is out. Just say so!

An abrupt termination could be construed as some sort of bad behavior (harassment) or mismanagement (misappropriation of funds) which would reflect badly on the organization and impact his ability to get a good job in the future.

When two parties are deciding mutually to part ways and neither has done anything wrong, this is how its done. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Lol, no. The new uniforms have been very well received. The reveal show was awful butthe u iforms are a large Improvement

They are hideous and the green on the helmet doesn’t match the green on the jersey. The old ones were classic.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

IMO, at the very least, the helmet needed a white stripe down the center.  It's all green.  Not a fan.  I much preferred our previous uniforms.  I would absolutely fire whoever was in charge of this embarrassingly bad rebrand.  We went from one of the best uni's in the NFL to among the very worst.  Those horizontal shoulder stripes are an abomination. 

But we've been through this before and, ultimately, nobody will care very much if they win.

usa_wendell_smallwood_eagles_jets.jpg

The shoulder strips aren't horizontal.  They are 'curves' around the shoulder numbers.

The helmet doesn't need a center stripe down the middle because there is a ton of white on the oversized logos on either side of the helmet as well as the raised white Jets logo dead center atop the facemask.

The uniforms are very nice.  Give them a chance.  So far you've only seen them in domes and at night.  Let's see how they look at 1PM on Sunday against the Bills.  I've seen them at OTA's in the sunshine and they looked great.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

An abrupt termination could be construed as some sort of bad behavior (harassment) or mismanagement (misappropriation of funds) which would reflect badly on the organization and impact his ability to get a good job in the future.

When two parties are deciding mutually to part ways and neither has done anything wrong, this is how its done. 

SAR I

No. They usually just say "left for personal reasons", but thanks for your usual lecturing condescending tone.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

usatsi_13257459-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=

We didn't go with a solid color helmet like the Packers.  We went with a gradient style helmet, one that changes shades dynamically, I believe we're the only team in the NFL with that type of technology.

Plain green helmets look dreadful.  Ours shift in color based on the lighting and coordinate with our green/white/black uniforms nicely.

SAR I

#technology

The Jaguars did this 10 + years ago and it failed. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Does this mean Eric Allen finally gets fired? Still mad he fired Alex Giaimo because he was aware she would be a threat to him down the line.

why would anyone want to fire E Allen.  Hes hardly on and effects nothing. 

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

They are hideous and the green on the helmet doesn’t match the green on the jersey. The old ones were classic.

the old ones are hideous, we just won a SB in them so some fans like them. I mean they are REALLY bad. New ones are clean and YES the helmet does match been covered a zillion times already.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

As a photographer, I'll say it again.  The helmets are reflective, the temp of the color will shift a bit under different lighting.  Daylight, they are perfect.  Night time theyre a hair different.  Daylight lighting is a different temp than artificial stadium lighting.  Thats the way it is.  

Only the ultimate complainers would stare at pictures where the colors are negligibly off a hair.  At night.  A hair.  As if theres a rule, helmet has to be the exact same shade as the shirts.  

As if anyone thinks metallic, reflective helmets are supposed to look exactly the same a a jersey. 

Do you hear yourself?  

Yes, I think I DO hear myself. 

I keep saying two people can see the same jersey or helmet. and disagree on whether they like it or not. It doesn't mean one opinion is right or wrong, it's personal taste. Apparently you don't feel that way. You can't grasp the concept that even though we're seeing the same thing, we are both allowed to feel differently about it. 

After nearly 30 years of marriage, a divorce, and now dating another woman for almost 5 years, I think I know how to play this game, and finally end this discussion... 

"Yes dear, you're right. What was I thinking?" Are we good now?  :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

The white looks good, and the helmet looks better against it.

I really can’t comment on the new blacks, haven’t seen them on tv yet. I won’t lie though, I think black uniforms have been overdone, I’d have preferred grey as the third option. I think the green would’ve popped more.

Grey would have been SWEET & differentiated us in the NFL too. Oh well, I've felt the Jets merchandise has always been an abomination & although I love the metallic Green helmet, I'm no fan of the pointy stripes. Should have kept something from 68.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Grey would have been SWEET & differentiated us in the NFL too. Oh well, I've felt the Jets merchandise has always been an abomination & although I love the metallic Green helmet, I'm no fan of the pointy stripes. Should have kept something from 68.

Shhhh…. [-X

I don't think we're allowed to be critical of the new uniforms. If we do, we get told we're wrong, and are shown lots of pictures of them.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

usa_wendell_smallwood_eagles_jets.jpg

The shoulder strips aren't horizontal.  They are 'curves' around the shoulder numbers.

The helmet doesn't need a center stripe down the middle because there is a ton of white on the oversized logos on either side of the helmet as well as the raised white Jets logo dead center atop the facemask.

The uniforms are very nice.  Give them a chance.  So far you've only seen them in domes and at night.  Let's see how they look at 1PM on Sunday against the Bills.  I've seen them at OTA's in the sunshine and they looked great.

SAR I

Fair enough. I'll wait until Sunday.

Those Eagle uniforms sure look nice though, even at night, don't they? :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Hopefully, this means that the direction of this football organization is focused on the ON-FIELD product first and foremost. For my 46 years of fandom, the organization has focused primarily on, during individual periods:

-Being lackeys to the league office in terms of football priorities and showcasing model tendencies in terms of football front office (Jim Kensil) behavior

-Prioritizing players in terms of marketability rather than play ability.

-Prioritizing where they play, rather than how they play.

-Managing the club as a profit center, while making the on-field product secondary.

-Failing to grasp front office trends and working the "system".

-Treating ownership and management as a hobby, rather than a business with bottom line (winning) as the priority.

-Operating in a vacuum, often rudderless.

Is fan experience important? Of course. And it has a place. But this organization, for too long, has misplaced what many fans really want. And that is an organization that has a mission and leadership developmental system that is consistent, self-sustaining and can be identified by every single employee with attention toward those goals every day.

Laugh as you will at the Raiders motto of "Commitment to Excellence", but when it was actually adhered to, they were just that. Laugh as you will at the Pats motto of " We don't give an "F" how we achieve success, we just will" but it just works.

The Jets tried one time to actually focus on winning when Parcells was put in charge. And it almost worked. But then after Hess passed away, power hungry people (Parcells included in a large way) could not handle being in charge and lost the way to doing what was right. 

Get it right this time. Place the focus where it should be.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Yes, I think I DO hear myself. 

I keep saying two people can see the same jersey or helmet. and disagree on whether they like it or not. It doesn't mean one opinion is right or wrong, it's personal taste. Apparently you don't feel that way. You can't grasp the concept that even though we're seeing the same thing, we are both allowed to feel differently about it. 

After nearly 30 years of marriage, a divorce, and now dating another woman for almost 5 years, I think I know how to play this game, and finally end this discussion... 

"Yes dear, you're right. What was I thinking?" Are we good now?  :rolleyes:

One more time. 

The helmet is a plastic item being painted.  Its reflective, thats its appeal and why most like it, whether you want to be part of the vast majority that likes it or not, is that its shiny, changes tones in the light.  The jersey is a dyed piece of material.  They never, ever will be exactly the same color under different lighting conditions.  Cant and wont happen.  You can accept that or continue to make ridiculous claims that Glat or some other whipping boy were too stupid to see the colors are slightly different.  As if Nike wouldnt have noticed.  The light will change the look.  Indoor or artificial lighting always, forever, changes the look of things.  The color shifts.  Period.  You want to argue with physics go ahead.  

I posted the Barkley in his Giants uni, helmet was darker than his jersey.  At night.  Didn't bother with daylight shot, its a much closer match.  Again, artificial lighting will never be the same as natural daylight.  Never.

Theyre no the same temperature.  Physics

MV5BNmFiOGU3ZDQtMjZhMC00ZDJhLWI0OGMtZjIx

You cant seem to stop with this ridiculous argument and then want to compare it to your marriage.  Sorry that youve turned into one of those fans.  You brought up the color being different, I explained why its just the way it is and now youve turned into a pussy spouse argument that you all or a sudden dont want to be a part of.  

Funny, never took you for a baby

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RSJ said:

The jerseys look awful. The helmets are nice - but there is literally no color in the universe that would look good with them. I am only buying throwbacks and Jets shirts. I refuse to wear a jersey that looks that awful.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Pretty much. I figure a lot of people once the first wave of sales are over will revert back to purchasing the classic stuff, save maybe Darnold jerseys.

The black seemed to be added for the sole purpose of wearing the color rush #stealth look, which just feels very amateur.

• Sympathy 1