Jets Cuts

kdels62

43 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Kind of sucks to be the first one cut. That means McGuire was roughly the 90th best player in camp. Big drop from the days where he was getting carries in the regular season.

I know the 90th thing is a flawed logic. I’m going with it though.

I see it like them giving him a head start on finding a new team. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Maccagnan and Idzik were pretty similarly terrible.  

Mac’s drafting was so bad, but the Jets should be competitive in at least the second half of the year due to some good high draft picks, Fa pickups and trades.  The draft is not everything but the best way to build. 

Mac gets less than half credit for Darnold.  He traded up but Gettleman dropped him into Mac’s lap.  If Mac did not sign so many one year rentals to win too many games, he would not have had to trade up 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Maccagnan and Idzik were pretty similarly terrible.  

Mac’s drafting was so bad, but the Jets should be competitive in at least the second half of the year due to some good high draft picks, Fa pickups and trades.  The draft is not everything but the best way to build. 

Mac gets less than half credit for Darnold.  He traded up but Gettleman dropped him into Mac’s lap.  If Mac did not sign so many one year rentals to win too many games, he would not have had to trade up 

Mac gets 95% for the trade. 

He knew Gettleman was going Barkley when he made the trade guaranteeing Sam or Baker. 

As bad as Mac’s drafts were Idzik couldn’t hold his jock. 

F*ck John Idzik with an upside down pineapple.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

That was actually PROVEN.

I heard a podcast with this kid Michael Nania who quantified all of Idzik’s and Maccagnan’s decisions a few months ago....Idzik was better.

So there you have it...Maccagnan WORST GM in NFL history who was coupled with a mumbler who according to Mike Westhoff  in Year 1....”doesn’t know how to make an adjustment...the guy is going to be a Disaster”.

And when he wasn’t “not making adjustments” he was playing a so-called Center, FOR 9 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS, who was firing snaps over, under and to the side of virtually the ONLY player that mattered on the Roster, risking serious injury to said player.  “Always play the Vet” Bowles...protecting that job.  Like dressing up 30-zip deficits by running out the FG unit...”least we didn’t lose by 30”.

Things can ONLY be looking up for the Jets at this point now that those 2 are finally gone.

cc: @Pac

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Wrong. Try again. 

Guy did an analysis, was on a podcast.  Was totally logical.  Idzik edged Maccagnan out because basically Idzik was trying to save cap space most of the time and not looking to make a big splash.  Basically every time Maccagnan wrote a big check from the Jets account it was tons of money flushed down the toilet ie Wilkerson and on and on....then on to his drafts where a drunken Monkey who threw sh*t against a wall could have done better.

• Haha 2

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Guy did an analysis, was on a podcast.  Was totally logical.  Idzik edged Maccagnan out because basically Idzik was trying to save cap space most of the time and not looking to make a big splash.  Basically every time Maccagnan wrote a big check from the Jets account it was tons of money flushed down the toilet ie Wilkerson and on and on....then on to his drafts where a drunken Monkey who threw sh*t against a wall could have done better.

Holy sh*t, a podcast? A guy?!?

Well excuse me. I had no idea that’s where you got your bona fides from.

As bad as Mac was, Idzik sucked a giant moose c*ck worse.

You understand that there are podcasts analyzing the data and proving beyond any doubt that the world is flat?

Lol “podcasts”. It’s like Instagram “models”. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

He'll catch on elsewhere, he's a quality back but we are loaded at RB and Cannon is valuable on STs.

He is not a quality back and there will be much better backs on the open market this weekend if the Jets are looking for an upgrade. There was nothing surprising about him being the team's first cut. One more cut than he was capable of. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

That was actually PROVEN.

I heard a podcast with this kid Michael Nania who quantified all of Idzik’s and Maccagnan’s decisions a few months ago....Idzik was better.

So there you have it...Maccagnan WORST GM in NFL history who was coupled with a mumbler who according to Mike Westhoff  in Year 1....”doesn’t know how to make an adjustment...the guy is going to be a Disaster”.

And when he wasn’t “not making adjustments” he was playing a so-called Center, FOR 9 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS, who was firing snaps over, under and to the side of virtually the ONLY player that mattered on the Roster, risking serious injury to said player.  “Always play the Vet” Bowles...protecting that job.  Like dressing up 30-zip deficits by running out the FG unit...”least we didn’t lose by 30”.

Things can ONLY be looking up for the Jets at this point now that those 2 are finally gone.

Personally I think Idzik was worse because at least Mac's first round picks were good, Idzik couldn't even do that.  However, does it really matter? It's like arguing who is the better QB,  Ryan Fitzpatrick or Neil O'Donnell? Are you really going to waste the energy?

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Holy sh*t, a podcast? A guy?!?

Well excuse me. I had no idea that’s where you got your bona fides from.

As bad as Mac was, Idzik sucked a giant moose c*ck worse.

You understand that there are podcasts analyzing the data and proving beyond any doubt that the world is flat?

Lol “podcasts”. It’s like Instagram “models”. 

But you see I listened and though my interpretation may be subjective I found the arguments made in the podcast to be very well thought out and therefore highly persuasive therefore you wouldn’t compare it to a “earth is flat” podcast.  You didn’t listen to it so you can either trust what I’m saying or you don’t have to, and what I heard was close to an air-right case that Maccagnan happens to probably be the worst guy to have been mistakenly given a GM job in NFL history.

And this is subjective again.  I wouldn’t hire Maccagnan to catch the drip that stinks coming off the back of a garbage truck, at least Idzik supposedly has some math skills.

Both horrible supposed Front Office personnel beyond words.....but Maccagnan is the Worst. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I am not saying to get Hyde... I am hoping for an upgrade for a RB that can play specials and has more upside then Cannon... Cannon is what he is... He is not going to get better as a RB... Not sure why so many people are hurt by my wish that they would upgrade this roster spot ... Geez. If there is not a better option don't do it... but currently he is extremely limited as a RB and can't return kicks or punts because he has no vision and has no ball security,,, 

As soon as the Eagles cut one of their 5 RB’s don’t be shocked if Douglas scoops that guy up.