Jets Cuts

kdels62

21 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

That was me. Not because I believed he was very good but I just can’t believe you give up on a third rounder that quick. 

Oh well. 

Once in camp any player has to earn his spot on the roster.  Polite did nothing to earn his spot. Where he was drafted has nothing to do with it IMHO.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So he was better with an excuse of saving money.

Thats why his top draft picks like Milliner were solid.  ANd his FQB was one Geno Smith.  

No, Idzik was indescribably bad, same as Maccagnan, both should have never been given the job in the first place.  Comparing the two is pretty much like comparing dog business on a curb on a summer day sitting next to some guys vomit who came out of a bar.

Its not as though the thought is that Idzik was way “better” than Maccagnan.  It’s close.  The whole point of the exercise was to show how incredibly bad Maccagnan was in that you could even make a case for Idzik being “better”.

Idzik took a shot with Geno Smith in the 2nd, the Jets have perennially needed a QB forever at the time, if you remember that year was the weakest QB class in probably a generation, with Buffalo taking EJ Manual in the first (I don’t even know how that guy managed to play college ball much less making the pros), same as Maccagnan, squinting, while watching Hackenberg work out, took him in the 2nd, which was way worse, Smith at one point was projected as the 1st pick in the draft and fell.  Hackenberg?  100,000 Penn St fans who watched everyone of his snaps fell over laughing in unison on hearing Maccagnan had just drafted him in the 2nd.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

No, Idzik was indescribably bad, same as Maccagnan, both should have never been given the job in the first place.  Comparing the two is pretty much like comparing dog business on a curb on a summer day sitting next to some guys vomit who came out of a bar.

Its not as though the thought is that Idzik was way “better” than Maccagnan.  It’s close.  The whole point of the exercise was to show how incredibly bad Maccagnan was in that you could even make a case for Idzik being “better”.

Idzik took a shot with Geno Smith in the 2nd, the Jets have perennially needed a QB forever at the time, if you remember that year was the weakest QB class in probably a generation, with Buffalo taking EJ Manual in the first (I don’t even know how that guy managed to play college ball much less making the pros), same as Maccagnan, squinting, while watching Hackenberg work out, took him in the 2nd, which was way worse, Smith at one point was projected as the 1st pick in the draft and fell.  Hackenberg?  100,000 Penn St fans who watched everyone of his snaps fell over laughing in unison on hearing Maccagnan had just drafted him in the 2nd.

Look, they both suck, I'm not wasting anyones time, mine included, looking for fine details of who is better or worse.

Macc had better early picks, Macc made better trades, Macc signed some FAs who worked out and some who didnt, while Idzik hardly tried to fix the roster.  

A podcast by someone I dont even know isnt factual proof of anything other than its that guys opinion 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Peteo said:

Once in camp any player has to earn his spot on the roster.  Polite did nothing to earn his spot. Where he was drafted has nothing to do with it IMHO.

One would think they would have made a better judgement call on a 3rd rounder with less doubt potentially cutting said pick, after all it's the purpose of having a scouting dept. and GM etc.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Look, they both suck, I'm not wasting anyones time, mine included, looking for fine details of who is better or worse.

Macc had better early picks, Macc made better trades, Macc signed some FAs who worked out and some who didnt, while Idzik hardly tried to fix the roster.  

Their drafting was about as good as each others, which is to say poor. Mac was better at everything else. People rag on paying Fitz, Revis and Wilkerson but those guys came off good years and didn't necessarily show signs of being liabilities. (well, Fitz had a shaky history but I don't blame him for trying to bring him back for a one off)

It really was his poor drafts that killed Maccagnan more than anything in my opinion, too many misses from round 2 on.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

That was me. Not because I believed he was very good but I just can’t believe you give up on a third rounder that quick. 

Oh well. 

If only there was some way to predict before he was drafted that he would fail at this level.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Oh well. 

I was in the same place.  Figured they would look at him as a developmental player and he would stick.

JD and Gase dont mess around, time waits for no one, lol

13 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Their drafting was about as good as each others, which is to say poor. Mac was better at everything else. People rag on paying Fitz, Revis and Wilkerson but those guys came off good years and didn't necessarily show signs of being liabilities. (well, Fitz had a shaky history but I don't blame him for trying to bring him back for a one off)

It really was his poor drafts that killed Maccagnan more than anything in my opinion, too many misses from round 2 on.

Burning 3, 4th and 5th round picks not even on the roster after 1 year killed me. Inexcusable. 

Plus Hack, and as much has Hack and the pick of Hack sucked, I’m guessing he was trying to catch lightening in a bottle of spilled milk.

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I was in the same place.  Figured they would look at him as a developmental player and he would stick.

JD and Gase dont mess around, time waits for no one, lol

Combine and pro day numbers matter no matter how much you want too argue that they don't.  

Just now, RobR said:

Were they right or wrong? 

They were right because he ultimately washed out.

Not because his combine numbers were bad due to overweight and pulled hammy. 

But its not really important other than to give you more posts to buttfumble

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Just eat the dick with some class and move on. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They were right because their final conclusion was right? That seems obvious.

• Haha 2

Polite is the kind of player why Macc got the knife “pun intended”.

If you measured poorly athletically you aren’t going to worry anyone In the NFL.  

The guy was the Hackenberg of OLB’s, it also tells the team no one is safe. Douglas also slotted Neil Glat this week.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

Just eat the dick with some class and move on. 

Hey, you got one right.  Everyone does from time to time

Difference is you feel the need to tell everyone you got this one right.

Go back to blowing yourself, I'm sure it makes you feel good.

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Look, I know you were rooting for a NY Jet third round pick to fail so you could pound your shallow chest and say “See! I told you! I was RIGHT!!”

But you’re just guessing. Just like the rest of us non-real GMs. 

When you have a track record that goes back many years it's not guessing. 

And if you knew me I never come back and rub things in peoples faces but you and Jetnut deserved it. So eat your dick with class and move on. He's gone.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Polite is the kind of player why Macc got the knife “pun intended”.

If you measured poorly athletically you aren’t going to worry anyone In the NFL.  

The guy was the Hackenberg of OLB’s, it also tells the team no one is safe. Douglas also slotted Neil Glat this week.

See I don’t think that’s true. 

The Ghost was the Hackenberg of OLB/DEs. 

Almost all his production came in about 2 college games, he looked like Tarzan played like Jane. Like Hack. 

Polite was a pretty productive player at UF but looks like a totally different guy now. Tentative, lost, confused. 

That’s not a function of the Combine or pro days. He’s not the same player he was in college. Weird. 

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

When you have a track record that goes back many years it's not guessing. 

And if you knew me I never come back and rub things in peoples faces but you and Jetnut deserved it. So eat your dick with class and move on. He's gone.

Eat dick...with class?

That’s  funny. You’re just a sad little kid guessing like the rest of us. 

You don’t know any more or less than 100 guys here that watch college football. 

Your “track record”. Lol. Sounds like you’re a legend in your own mind. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1