Weekend College games....

Beerfish

11 minutes ago, RobR said:

Great game for the best sport in the world. Where is everybody?

Watching the Dawgs.  Uninspiring 30-6 win over Vandy.  Defense looked really good.  Offense very uneven.  Fromm still scares me; just don't see him carrying the team if they need him to make throws to win big games when the running game is not working.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Watching the Dawgs.  Uninspiring 30-6 win over Vandy.  Defense looked really good.  Offense very uneven.  Fromm still scares me; just don't see him carrying the team if they need him to make throws to win big games when the running game is not working.

Put on the Ore Aub game

Just now, Paradis said:

he's never wow'd me. Won't say he's trash, but he's never "it" move.

Tales of two halves defensive, my goodness, that front seven of Auburn are playing like starved dogs. 

He has the size and the arm. Not sure if he has the rest.

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Went home last week with a peoples choice award at a 100 car show. Chrysler only made 900 of these Route 66 models in 2006. She hold her own at judged shows.

What does it do in the quarter mile?

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Went home last week with a peoples choice award at a 100 car show. Chrysler only made 900 of these Route 66 models in 2006. She hold her own at judged shows.

ahh, i assumed there must be some unique about the edition... i'm assuming it has that srt-4 turbo motor? 

8 hours ago, Lith said:

Great ending.  But what a horseh*t unsportmanlike penalty.  Kid scores a TD to take the lead with 10 seconds left and spikes the ball.  And that is a penalty in today's football.  Gotta let these kids be kids.

Yup. Thoroughly enjoyed that one... Auburn pulled that out of their *ss. Ran it until the Os were gassed and notched up the defense. Herbert is talented. Sees the field pretty well and has a nice mix of throws.

Great weekend of football and more proof that preseason is not needed in the NFL, add to that the top 10-15 teams in the NCAA, basically start the playoffs in week 1, not just regular season...

Yes there are more cupcake teams but still some great games and the score counts

NFL needs another league for development, very few "long shot" players make the cut in preseason, not worth the risk to the players who have made it - Dortch is a great example, how much more could he have done, still got cut

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jalen Hurts put on a CLINIC in his Oklahoma debut

332 passing yards
176 rushing yards
6 TDs
Sets school record for most yards in debut (508)

It was against Houston’s defense but if he keeps playing like that he just turned himself into a first round pick.

yet another meh player who will be a star and get over drafted due to oka and Lincoln riley and awful defenses.

On 8/31/2019 at 11:00 PM, Lith said:

I know it was FAU and Eastern Washington but did watching any of Fields or Eason make you cringe a little bit?  I'm with you on Fromm...being saying it since Eason was there and then Fields too...I dont know man, always thought Kirby was making a mistake. 

In college, you need a serious play maker at the QB position.  And Fromm doesnt offer either arm or feet explosiveness and you need one or the other.  You can make it as a decent passer with threat of a run.  Some of the best ever have been that type of guy: Tebow, Vince, etc. He's never going to beat the Bama's or Clemson's of the world without the running game going for 200+.  He's got it upstairs, no doubt but that can only take you so far. 

36 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jalen Hurts put on a CLINIC in his Oklahoma debut

332 passing yards
176 rushing yards
6 TDs
Sets school record for most yards in debut (508)

It was against Houston’s defense but if he keeps playing like that he just turned himself into a first round pick.

He has a similar game a freshman.  28/37 350 4 +  100 1

Be interesting to see if he keeps it up.  Some team probably is stupid enough to take him but I wonder how much of Kyler Murray's success will impact that confidence from teams.

11 hours ago, JiF said:

I know it was FAU and Eastern Washington but did watching any of Fields or Eason make you cringe a little bit?  I'm with you on Fromm...being saying it since Eason was there and then Fields too...I dont know man, always thought Kirby was making a mistake. 

In college, you need a serious play maker at the QB position.  And Fromm doesnt offer either arm or feet explosiveness and you need one or the other.  You can make it as a decent passer with threat of a run.  Some of the best ever have been that type of guy: Tebow, Vince, etc. He's never going to beat the Bama's or Clemson's of the world without the running game going for 200+.  He's got it upstairs, no doubt but that can only take you so far. 

Watched the start of the OSH game, but did not take much out of Fields performance, given the opponent.  Didn't see Washington at all. 

I do think we went the safe route with Fromm.  Upside for both Eason and FIelds is higher though.  Fromm will win us a lot of games, but as we saw the last two years, when we needed him to make plays, he couldn't get it done.