Clowney to Seattle

Bruce Harper

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Depending on who the players are, could be a pretty good deal for Seattle.  If they can't sign him long term, he walks as a FA after the season and the Hawks might recover that 3rd as a comp pick.

Not sure if that's true for a traded franchise tagged player... I thought there was something against that... 

I bet it's for an OL, penny and maybe a day 3 pick

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Not sure if that's true for a traded franchise tagged player... I thought there was something against that... 

I bet it's for an OL, penny and maybe a day 3 pick

Thanks.  Was not aware of that lmitation.  Breer reporting deal involves two defensive players, which seems a bit curious.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Thanks.  Was not aware of that lmitation.  Breer reporting deal involves two defensive players, which seems a bit curious.

Most likely a DL and a safety both positions are replaceable even with preseason cuts

God our pass defense is gonna suck this year

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thank goodness.  Now we can stop talking about him.

So refreshing to have a front office that understands its going to take 2 or 3 drafts to build this thing the right way.

No need to rush it and bring in guys like clowney who are t worth what they are going to get paid.

Totally agree.  At least I hope the FO understands that this is really just a hold the fort and evaluate year. Building a quality OL around Darnold is going to take 2-3 years, probably.

7 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Carroll is like Maccagnan in his disregard for the Oline

I think their OLine has gotten better in Seattle, hasn't it?  If they traded any OLinemen as part of this I'd be disappointed.  I have Chris Carson in fantasy and that will be a Rushing offense, even with Russell Wilson.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I think their OLine has gotten better in Seattle, hasn't it?  If they traded any OLinemen as part of this I'd be disappointed.  I have Chris Carson in fantasy and that will be a Rushing offense, even with Russell Wilson.

They had the best run blocking OL last year

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Most likely a DL and a safety both positions are replaceable even with preseason cuts

God our pass defense is gonna suck this year

Wow Phil, got a laugh emoji, buttfumble and than a downvote in 3 consecutive posts. 1st time in Jetnation history? Pretty impressive either way, lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Agreed but doesn't make my statement any less true 

Yes it does.  Clowney’s numbers have improved every year

The scenario your making up is based on him dogging his last year in college because he didn’t want to risk losing a $100 million career in the nfl with injury 

1 minute ago, MindOverMatter said:

Wow Phil, got a laugh emoji, buttfumble and than a downvote in 3 consecutive posts. 1st time in Jetnation history? Pretty impressive either way, lol.

Go post on the shady McCoy thread.

Jets need more has been rbs, box safeties and interior DL

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

No they didn’t 

Look it up

and again before you delete the other half of my post again when I point out the basis of your inaccurate perception it’s based entirely on Clowney dogging one year in college because he didnt want to risk his career in the nfl

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

If they can't sign him long term, he walks as a FA after the season and the Hawks might recover that 3rd as a comp pick.

Not so sure about that.  Are you sure?  

Plus hes going to become a FA, if he has to wait to sign after a season risking an injury why not test the waters?  All he needs  is one other team to want to sign him and make a crazy offer then Seattle either goes for it or loses him

The main reason I was against the trade,

9 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Totally agree.  At least I hope the FO understands that this is really just a hold the fort and evaluate year. Building a quality OL around Darnold is going to take 2-3 years, probably.

I don't think it will take that long to build a quality OL. The difference between now and the past is that this GM and HC know the OL has to be a priority, particularly now with a Franchise QB.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Look it up

and again before you delete the other half of my post when I point out the basis of your inaccurate perception it’s based entirely on Clowney dogging one year in college because he didnt want to risk his career in the nfl

I’m talking about his NFL career. He had less tackles and less sacks in 2018 then he did in 2017 so his numbers didn’t improve every year as you stated.