Clowney to Seattle

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

They couldn’t trade him until he signed his tag. He would of just sat out a year and went wherever he wanted and Houston would of gotten nothing. 

Not everyone is as stupid as Bell

Clowney would have signed the tag eventually or simply pay him

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

By half a sack

the Texans offense was also on the field a lot more thanks to Watson being healthy

Thx for playing!

You want to argue that a half sack LESS and FEWER tackles is actually an improvement?

Really?

ANd its because of Watson?  

Guess it never occured to you that Watson led to leads, other team having to pass more, historically leads to sacks?

Or that he had Watt back, drawing attention that should have lead to bigger numbers.

Thanks for playing is right!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Clowney held all the cards by not signing that tender.  He was never coming here.  He wanted Seattle, he got Seattle.  We're better off drafting an EDGE anyway, and believe me, I love me some Clowney.

That ship sailed when Macc passed on Allen for another DT.

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I don't think it will take that long to build a quality OL. The difference between now and the past is that this GM and HC know the OL has to be a priority, particularly now with a Franchise QB.

I hope you are right, but right now the Jets O-line looks like 5 "hold the fort" guys with only one really interesting young developmental guy (Edoga).  They'll probably need 4 new starters in the next 2 years.  Hard to get that in one year.  Maybe Joe will draft OL in the first three rounds next year?

Just now, TheClashFan said:

I hope you are right, but right now the Jets O-line looks like 5 "hold the fort" guys with only one really interesting young developmental guy (Edoga).  They'll probably need 4 new starters in the next 2 years.  Hard to get that in one year.  Maybe Joe will draft OL in the first three rounds next year?

Our OL is way better than our secondary and OLBs

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yes it does.  Clowney’s numbers have improved every year

The scenario your making up is based on him dogging his last year in college because he didn’t want to risk losing a $100 million career in the nfl with injury 

No he has a reputation around the league for only trying on certain situations and taking a lot of snaps off. Just read Houston beat reporters about him

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You want to argue that a half sack LESS and FEWER tackles is actually an improvement?

Really?

ANd its because of Watson?  

Guess it never occured to you that Watson led to leads, other team having to pass more, historically leads to sacks?

Or that he had Watt back, drawing attention that should have lead to bigger numbers.

Thanks for playing is right!

Give him a minute he’ll make something else up. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No pass rush/no corner whiners are back.

cant wait till this d and gregg williams shuts all the whiners up this year.

I hope you're right and all this crap that our corners suck is just BS...but, I doubt it.  I think back to when we had Cromartie and Revis in the backfield and can't help wonder how Darnold would fare against that duo in practice.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Another year with zero pass rush and a pass defense that will make the Matt Moore’s and Matt Barkley’s look good

enjoy!

And Clowney wasn't the answer....

If you want this done right, let Douglas do it right.  We draft Clowney, give up draft capital, and have to pay Clowney QB money, this will set the franchise back many years. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think their OLine has gotten better in Seattle, hasn't it?  If they traded any OLinemen as part of this I'd be disappointed.  I have Chris Carson in fantasy and that will be a Rushing offense, even with Russell Wilson.

Originally heard it was for one of their starting Olineman

• Thumb Down 1

The lazy pass rusher who is infinitely better than any Outside edge rusher we have had since John Abraham 

Just because we haven’t had a legit pass rusher since Abraham doesn’t mean you sell the farm for a guy who has never had double digit sacks.

Clowny changes nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No pass rush/no corner whiners are back.

cant wait till this d and gregg williams shuts all the whiners up this year.

Sure hope you are correct.  

WIlliams may have a nice scheme, but talent is needed at corner.  We don't have much. Williams can scheme all he wants, but he needs more talent.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Another year with zero pass rush and a pass defense that will make the Matt Moore’s and Matt Barkley’s look good

enjoy!

You have a point, but somehow I think things will be much better with a real coach like Gregg Williams rather than Bowles and his check cashing, can’t be Fired, never will be a DC again, best friend Rogers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Glad that’s over and just in case he is as good as some people made him out to be, that he’s far far away. 

(I looked at him as on a lower tier than Mack, and slightly above Leo.)

But that’s a huge upgrade for us. He’s not in that Mack tier, but he’s better than Trey Flowers. My own view is that he’s right there in that second tier with Frank Clark and Lawrence. 

12 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You have a point, but somehow I think things will be much better with a real coach like Gregg Williams rather than Bowles and his check cashing, can’t be Fired, never will be a DC again, best friend Rogers. 

At some point we have to get an impact guy on the edge. On to the next guy. 

I’ll just assume Clowney didn’t want to come here and that why JD didn’t pull the trigger. There wasn’t a trigger to pull.