Polite cut

AbstraKt

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

This is about as close to a power move Douglas could make, cutting the former GM's third round pick was actually a matter stroke. Not that this guy didn't  deserve to be cut from everything i have seen and read but it is the first step to his legacy with the Jets

Correct.  If douglas makes this pick it never happens.  

But i guess you can say douglas would never make that pick.

22 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Also, it is terrible that the Jets had a high 3rd round pick in 2018 and 2019 who have been busts (I think Nathan Shepard is a bust and may be cut at some point).  Those are premium picks that have been wasted.

This is simply awful. Holy sh*t- very high third round pick. Passed on Conor McGovern a potential starting Center and then had to pay $8.4 mill to a retiree.  Hopefully this is it, enough rooting for an embarrassment of a franchise. Get the poison out one final time and please let this be it.

i predict that Wesco sucks and the Rutgers CB never plays.  So this draft is only:

-QW

-Edoga

Cashman

So that’s the reward for losing 12 games and it’s not even week 1.

fkn travesty

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

17 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Mac selected him ahead of Winkovich who tested well, had excellent character and played the exact same position.  

To be fair that guy is 24 years old already. Drafting old guys was a perennial Mac flaw along with the rest of them...

age was a big concern for me not that i matter

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As it should be.  What is worse is keeping awful players two years longer just because you drafted them too high.  Essentially mccagnans history as a gm.

I absolutely believe MAC was as bad a GM as the NFL has ever had ....  he has had equals but he was professionally terrible. 

Douglas and Gase should get out in front of this once the cuts are all done. Glat gone too. Hold a presser. Be transparent. This franchise is getting turned over and let the fans know.  Major shake up at Florham Park. Hopefully there’s a line of communication from ownership to Darnold.

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

I cant remember who I was asking for at the Polite pick, I feel like it was Henderson because Hurd went right before Polite. Or was it Hakeem Butler?   I think it was Butler. 

I wanted Butler but thought the risk benefit ratio with Polite was acceptable   Hope he makes the practice squad and they can continue to work with him   He has some talent

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Douglas and Gase should get out in front of this once the cuts are all done. Glat gone too. Hold a presser. Be transparent. This franchise is getting turned over and let the fans know.  Major shake up at Florham Park.

Let the fans know what? He’s doing his job and doing it his way. The way it should be. 

Wow! Upsetting in that it was a hackenberg'esque waste of a pick. Happy that the Jets aren't playing games with guys who lack effort. I get that they didn't pick him so it's easier to cut him but I don't think we'll be seeing anymore loafers somehow sticking with the team year after year anymore. The former gm* who's name I shall not speak really sucked for a guy who was supposed to have scouting background.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

At least you’re not @Jet Nut, who’s still digesting all the dick he had to eat when Maccagnan got fired and now he’s got another full plate of dick in front of him to mangia upon. #mangia

You guys kill me with your selective amnesia.   All you would be GMs need to look in a mirror.  

Even real GMs make mistakes   The Pats have cut many high draft picks that didnt work out

BTW How much dick did you eat after saying Darnold would be a bad pick????    

• Thumb Down 3

32 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I remember a GM for a team I follow saying when he was being asked about an extremely bad draft pick, "Well that was done before I got here."  That is going to be stock in trade for Douglas for the next couple of years as he guts a lot of this roster.

Sorry to quote myself but could tell me exactly what is "confusing" about what I just said @jetsons.  A General Manager can be absolutely undone by what he can't control.  And the press harps on every facet of an organization to the point of obsession (just like the fans do.)  I can't imagine that Douglas isn't going to have interview where he isn't asked about the strength of the roster and Macc's failures... and its a long time till next April.  Maccagnan literally developed a complex about being asked such questions.  So I don't think it "confusing" that Douglas would develop a stock response when discussing busts like Pollite.  

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean they just cut a third rounder and fired the second in command of the franchise.

Well they put out a statement on Glat. I’m sure they’ll be another one on his replacement. Cutting Polite speaks for itself. He sucks and I’m not keeping these guys around. 

It’s a new regime putting their stamp on things. Like most do.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Well they put out a statement on Glat. I’m sure they’ll be another one on his replacement. Cutting Polite speaks for itself. He sucks and I’m not keeping these guys around. 

It’s a new regime putting their stamp on things. Like most do.

I guess my question, as always, is who’s in charge? 

Douglas gets paid the most so gotta assume him right?

32 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

this draft will haunt us for years. the pats walked away from this draft with Brady's eventual replacement and a future probowler in winovich

I dont know what you've seen from Stidham to make you think this.   I see a career backup at best.

He is smallish.  His arm talent is mediocre, which by itself is not a death sentence in the NFL.  It can be compensated for with anticipation and intelligence.  But Stidham is a backpedaler.   He doesn't like to get hit.  Instead of stepping up into the pocket to deliver the ball when he has to, and take the upcoming shot, he quickly shuffles his feet backwards and throws off balance.

Not gonna work at the highest level.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:51 AM, The Voice of Reason said:

They are not cutting a third rounder from their current draft... Never going to happen.

Mikey Mac didn't draft Saunders because Idzik was GM in 2014... ******* terrible article... and Idzik cut him after drafting him for off field issues and not listening to Rex.

Voice...

Of...

Reason.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The pats obsession continues.  

Because somehow whatever Winovich becomes has anything to do with Polite being abust or not.

It has everything to do with it.  We took Polite in the third with Winovich still on the board.  nmost of us were hoping to get him instead of the guy who literally had the worst combine in history https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/jachai-polite-combine-40-time-interviews  They play the same position and the Pats got Winovich several picks after we took Polite.  And now we have no polite, and they have the player we all wanted at a position of need.  

• Upvote 2