Who Would You Have Drafted At 68?

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Chum Edoga.

Winnovich Long, Henderson Terry McClaurin

I also loved Edoga...even started a thread on it. 

The one guy on your list I didn't like was McClaurin....doesn't catch the ball naturally.

Actually  almost nobody thought it was a stupid, as a matter  of fact, many thought it was a great pick. Check the thread after he was selected. 

lol. I turned the TV off after that pick. I was certain we were going OL and more specifically Center there. I couldn’t believe that we went with DL/OLB after taking QW with our first.

So....

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

28 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol. I turned the TV off after that pick. I was certain we were going OL and more specifically Center there. I couldn’t believe that we went with DL/OLB after taking QW with our first.

So....

I was referring to the general feeling on this board, not you personally. 

Yes, there was  a percentage  of people who wanted a different player but there was also a large percentage that liked some even thought was a great pick. 

Quite frankly I'd want Mac to draft  Jachai Polite again because I think it was a decision of his that acted as a catalyst towards getting him removed as GM of the Jets. Let's say Mac nails that pick or was aggressive and traded up to get a center in round 2. If that were the case Mac may still be here. Scary but true.

• Upvote 1

I would have drafted polite. He was the type of pick the draftboard usually screams for, first round talent with some red flags that falls to the third round and he fit a major need to boot. There is no reason not to like this pick without the hindsight. This kid may very well still turn into a good player in the league.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I would have drafted polite. He was the type of pick the draftboard usually screams for, first round talent with some red flags that falls to the third round and he fit a major need to boot. There is no reason not to like this pick without the hindsight. This kid may very well still turn into a good player in the league.

Can I have your drug dealers phone number?

The Polite pick really hurts but I still think we may have done reasonably well here.  QW, Edoga and Cashman could all still be here in 4 years and might even all be starting.  Bless Austin is a complete lottery ticket so we'll see.  My favorite pick, who hasn't shown much yet is still Wesco.  I might be really wrong on him but would like to see him for a year under Gase.

I wanted a pass rusher, so at the time I could get behind taking Winovich or Polite there. But Macc NEEDED to nail that pick and he didn’t. Athletically limited AND a d*ck. There were plenty of opportunities to see those red flags in the pre-draft process and move him down further on the board (or off of it entirely, if needed).

I was referring to the general feeling on this board, not you personally. 

Yes, there was  a percentage  of people who wanted a different player but there was also a large percentage that liked some even thought was a great pick. 

Gotcha. There was the hope He was the 1st rdr that slid to the 3rd fir no reason. We tricked everyone and nabbed the gem. lol

I think I read that the jets had polite as the 2nd best pass rusher in the whole draft behind josh Allen. He was an absolute steal from that perspective.

Unreal.

Chase Winovich. He's a no brainer in the third round. He came from Michigan. An NFL player FACTORY and Chase Winovich was one of the very most important players to that team. Unless you're a dumb sh*t like Mike MacCagnan, you select Winovich with no reservations whatsoever.

22 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I'm ok with taking a "boom or bust" player with a 3rd rounder. 

And I kinda look at it like a failure of coaching/player development that they let this guy flounder under their watch. I mean, I get it: he's not someone you picked, but he still cost the Jets X amount of dollars to scout, draft, and train.

But, if you've turned off Greg Williams and you haven't even played a NFL regular season game, you gotta be the dumbest mo-fo this side of Sheldon Richardson. Thanks Macc!!

Chase Winovich

Connor McGovern

Michael Deiter

You know, the three OBVIOUS picks, the ones that almost every person on this board could have made, but yet somehow eluded Mac.  I always supported him when he made the good moves.  He picked up some good options in UDFA, made some solid trades, but his drafting in rounds 2-7 were terrible.  He also offered up big contracts to the wrong guys because he couldn't draft between rounds 2-7

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Chase Winovich

Connor McGovern

Michael Deiter

You know, the three OBVIOUS picks, the ones that almost every person on this board could have made, but yet somehow eluded Mac.  I always supported him when he made the good moves.  He picked up some good options in UDFA, made some solid trades, but his drafting in rounds 2-7 were terrible.  He also offered up big contracts to the wrong guys because he couldn't draft between rounds 2-7

And that's the thing..... All of these posters are not playing Monday morning QB, they actually would have taken those players over Polite. Our GM was  actually shown up, REGULARLY I might add, by people that are not in any way affiliated with a GM or a franchise.