Josh Doctson waived by Redskins

Jet_Engine1

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s the main wideout that I would be looking into.

Good size, still young and was looking like he was really starting to come on in 2017 before taking a bit of a step back last year, albeit with a sh*t QB situation. People forget that Washington actually started Sanchez for a stint last year.

Barring injury, he wouldn’t be counted on as anything more than the #4 WR here anyway. 

This is the kind of guy that you claim.

Guys like Doctson, Devante Parker, Breshad Perriman, Kevin White... 

The tallish speed guys with durability problems that cant seem to win a jump ball either...

The chances of success?  It's just not gonna work bro.  If Doctson was gonna hit, would've happened by now.  They arent worth it.   I would have much preferred Deontay Burnett. 

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Guys like Doctson, Devante Parker, Breshad Perriman, Kevin White... 

The tallish speed guys with durability problems that cant seem to win a jump ball either...

The chances of success?  It's just not gonna work bro.  They arent worth it. 

We wouldn’t be relying on Doctson to be the first, second, third, fourth or even fifth option in the passing game.

Regardless of who our #4 wideout is, they’re still going to be searching for scraps behind Anderson, Crowder, Enunwa, Bell, Herndon and probably even Montgomery.

If Anderson or Enunwa were to miss a game or two, I’d rather roll out Doctson on the outside over someone like Josh Bellamy.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We wouldn’t be relying on Doctson to be the first, second, third, fourth or even fifth option in the passing game.

Regardless of who our #4 wideout is, they’re still going to be searching for scraps behind Anderson, Crowder, Enunwa, Bell, Herndon and probably even Montgomery.

If Anderson or Enunwa were to miss a game or two, I’d rather roll out Doctson on the outside over someone like Josh Bellamy.

Not me.  Bellamy is a great special teams player.  And I dont think the dropoff is that much.  Bellamy isnt much of a receiver, but neither is Doctson.  He isnt good, and he is always injured or playing hurt at less than 100%.

Just now, RoadFan said:

Not me.  Bellamy is a great special teams player.  And I dont think the dropoff is that much.  Bellamy isnt much of a receiver, but neither is Doctson.  He isnt good, and he is always injured or playing hurt.

Yes, great special teams player. But I sure as hell never want to see Bellamy taking meaningful snaps split out wide.

I’m not talking about cutting Bellamy in favor of Doctson. They would both be on the final roster. Just in much different capacities.

At least Doctson is 6’2+, young and has shown flashes in the past. You can’t ask for much more than that from a waiver claim in early September who you would be bringing in as, at best, your 6th/7th option in the passing game.

25 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Trash. 

Statistically hes been about equal with Enunwa, but showed enough talent to be a 1st rounder 3 years ago. Whatever. Deontay ain't coming back, Bellamy isn't a legit WR, and we're short options at WR on the roster. Tomorrow is September 1st. LOL. Options are thin. If hes healthy, Doctson will get scooped QUICK. 

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Statistically hes been about equal with Enunwa, but showed enough talent to be a 1st rounder 3 years ago. Whatever. Deontay ain't coming back, Bellamy isn't a legit WR, and we're short options at WR on the roster. Tomorrow is September 1st. LOL. Options are thin. If hes healthy, Doctson will get scooped QUICK. 

He's never going to be a reliable option outside. He's never had "it"

there are other, better WRs who got cut, who aren't reclamation projects - whom i would prioritize first. 

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Are you sure because I don’t think so.

you don’t negotiate a new contract with waiver pick ups. I think you take on their existing contract before they would then be free agents

Hmm, good question. I thought non vested guys hit the waiver wire. meaning teams claiming a player had to go by the priority list, but I didnt think it had anything to do with prior contracts.... I know vested vets are FA upon release/waived and their contract was essentially voided (not guaranteed money, depending on offsets etc), but guys on the waiver wire bring their contracts with them? Weird. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hmm, good question. I thought non vested guys hit the waiver wire. meaning teams claiming a player had to go by the priority list, but I didnt think it had anything to do with prior contracts.... I know vested vets are FA upon release/waived and their contract was essentially voided (not guaranteed money, depending on offsets etc), but guys on the waiver wire bring their contracts with them? Weird. 

The definition of waivers is picking up their contract. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Redskins are WR-starved (Paul Richardson, Trey Quinn and ???) yet cut Doctson after trying to trade him but getting no bites. Not good signs.

Granted, the Redskins might be tanking and aren’t truly banking on Haskins being “the guy” at QB.

Where talking about 4 or 5th receiving options here .. in that role I have no problem adding doctson. He is easily a upgrade over guys like Bellamy , Burnett, Peake etc ...imo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I'd rather take a flyer on Keelan Doss. Rookie UDFA cut by the Raiders with size, speed and good hands. Very surprised he got cut.

Plus, you'd have contractual control over him for a minimum of 3 years.

I want them both .. 

Robby, Q, Crowder, Doctson, Doss would be nice receiving core with youth and experience, size and speed. And we wouldn’t have to cringe if anybody gets hurt . 

Pipe dream tho 

10 hours ago, Untouchable said:

What makes you think being a former 1st rounder that he would be willing to accept being a SIXTH option in the passing game? Even if you did to get him to sign up for such a demotion, the Jets would never keep him beyond the end of this season. Doctson would certainly have more attractive options besides being the NYJ sixth option.

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

What makes you think being a former 1st rounder that he would be willing to accept being a SIXTH option in the passing game? Even if you did to get him to sign up for such a demotion, the Jets would never keep him beyond the end of this season. Doctson would certainly have more attractive options besides being the NYJ sixth option.

What’s his alternative?

Who is picking up Doctson presently with the belief that he’s going to be one of their starting wideouts?

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

What’s his alternative?

Who is picking up Doctson presently with the belief that he’s going to be one of their starting wideouts?

What makes you think the NYJ's sixth passing option is his only option? We'll have to see how things shake out, but I would think a receiver of Doctson's talent will have many other more attractive options.