Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jet_Engine1

Josh Doctson waived by Redskins

Recommended Posts

Former first rounder released. Has had injury issues (Achilles) and missed all of 2016, was the skins second leading receiver in 2018.

 

6'2, 210 ran a 4.5 40.

 

Worth a look for sure.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d bring him in that offense was a nightmare in Washington. He’s young and has some talent we’re weak at WR it’d be a good claim/sign 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Hard pass. We already have an oft injured #1 in .... the guy with the funny name

Robby is often injured?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s the main wideout that I would be looking into.

Good size, still young and was looking like he was really starting to come on in 2017 before taking a bit of a step back last year, albeit with a sh*t QB situation. People forget that Washington actually started Sanchez for a stint last year.

Barring injury, he wouldn’t be counted on as anything more than the #4 WR here anyway. 

This is the kind of guy that you claim.

 

Guys like Doctson, Devante Parker, Breshad Perriman, Kevin White... 

The tallish speed guys with durability problems that cant seem to win a jump ball either...

The chances of success?  It's just not gonna work bro.  If Doctson was gonna hit, would've happened by now.  They arent worth it.   I would have much preferred Deontay Burnett. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Guys like Doctson, Devante Parker, Breshad Perriman, Kevin White... 

The tallish speed guys with durability problems that cant seem to win a jump ball either...

The chances of success?  It's just not gonna work bro.  They arent worth it. 

We wouldn’t be relying on Doctson to be the first, second, third, fourth or even fifth option in the passing game.

Regardless of who our #4 wideout is, they’re still going to be searching for scraps behind Anderson, Crowder, Enunwa, Bell, Herndon and probably even Montgomery.

If Anderson or Enunwa were to miss a game or two, I’d rather roll out Doctson on the outside over someone like Josh Bellamy.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We wouldn’t be relying on Doctson to be the first, second, third, fourth or even fifth option in the passing game.

Regardless of who our #4 wideout is, they’re still going to be searching for scraps behind Anderson, Crowder, Enunwa, Bell, Herndon and probably even Montgomery.

If Anderson or Enunwa were to miss a game or two, I’d rather roll out Doctson on the outside over someone like Josh Bellamy.

Not me.  Bellamy is a great special teams player.  And I dont think the dropoff is that much.  Bellamy isnt much of a receiver, but neither is Doctson.  He isnt good, and he is always injured or playing hurt at less than 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RoadFan said:

Not me.  Bellamy is a great special teams player.  And I dont think the dropoff is that much.  Bellamy isnt much of a receiver, but neither is Doctson.  He isnt good, and he is always injured or playing hurt.

Yes, great special teams player. But I sure as hell never want to see Bellamy taking meaningful snaps split out wide.

I’m not talking about cutting Bellamy in favor of Doctson. They would both be on the final roster. Just in much different capacities.

At least Doctson is 6’2+, young and has shown flashes in the past. You can’t ask for much more than that from a waiver claim in early September who you would be bringing in as, at best, your 6th/7th option in the passing game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

3.2 million salary in 2019....i was all about it until I saw that 

 

pass purely on the salary alone imo

That’s probably the deal breaker

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the very least he is comparable if not better than Quincy based on stats. Definitely has more career touchdowns .

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Former first rounder released. Has had injury issues (Achilles) and missed all of 2016, was the skins second leading receiver in 2018.

 

6'2, 210 ran a 4.5 40.

 

Worth a look for sure.

Trash. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The following might take a look;  Seattle, Arizona, New Orleans, Giants, Cowboys, Bengals, Dolphins, Chargers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, David Harris said:

3.2 million salary in 2019....i was all about it until I saw that 

 

pass purely on the salary alone imo

He was waived. That salary is moot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Definitely kicking the tires on this guy

Not sure why not.  Nothing wrong with depth at wr which we don’t have

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Trash. 

Statistically hes been about equal with Enunwa, but showed enough talent to be a 1st rounder 3 years ago. Whatever. Deontay ain't coming back, Bellamy isn't a legit WR, and we're short options at WR on the roster. Tomorrow is September 1st. LOL. Options are thin. If hes healthy, Doctson will get scooped QUICK. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Statistically hes been about equal with Enunwa, but showed enough talent to be a 1st rounder 3 years ago. Whatever. Deontay ain't coming back, Bellamy isn't a legit WR, and we're short options at WR on the roster. Tomorrow is September 1st. LOL. Options are thin. If hes healthy, Doctson will get scooped QUICK. 

He's never going to be a reliable option outside. He's never had "it"

there are other, better WRs who got cut, who aren't reclamation projects - whom i would prioritize first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

He was waived. That salary is moot. 

Are you sure because I don’t think so.

you don’t negotiate a new contract with waiver pick ups. I think you take on their existing contract before they would then be free agents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Are you sure because I don’t think so.

you don’t negotiate a new contract with waiver pick ups. I think you take on their existing contract before they would then be free agents

Hmm, good question. I thought non vested guys hit the waiver wire. meaning teams claiming a player had to go by the priority list, but I didnt think it had anything to do with prior contracts.... I know vested vets are FA upon release/waived and their contract was essentially voided (not guaranteed money, depending on offsets etc), but guys on the waiver wire bring their contracts with them? Weird. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Trash. 

Dude im real sorry about how I behaved in the past. I really want to be friends. Does your family have plans for thanksgiving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take the bite, definitely an interesting option.

Also, I see this at a few threads. This isn't like fantasy where a claim and you go to the back. You can claim every single guy and retain the 3rd WW claim.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hmm, good question. I thought non vested guys hit the waiver wire. meaning teams claiming a player had to go by the priority list, but I didnt think it had anything to do with prior contracts.... I know vested vets are FA upon release/waived and their contract was essentially voided (not guaranteed money, depending on offsets etc), but guys on the waiver wire bring their contracts with them? Weird. 

The definition of waivers is picking up their contract. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Redskins are WR-starved (Paul Richardson, Trey Quinn and ???) yet cut Doctson after trying to trade him but getting no bites. Not good signs.

 

Granted, the Redskins might be tanking and aren’t truly banking on Haskins being “the guy” at QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Redskins are WR-starved (Paul Richardson, Trey Quinn and ???) yet cut Doctson after trying to trade him but getting no bites. Not good signs.

 

Granted, the Redskins might be tanking and aren’t truly banking on Haskins being “the guy” at QB.

Where talking about 4 or 5th receiving options here .. in that role I have no problem adding doctson. He is easily a upgrade over guys like Bellamy , Burnett, Peake etc ...imo

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather take a flyer on Keelan Doss. Rookie UDFA cut by the Raiders with size, speed and good hands. Very surprised he got cut.

Plus, you'd have contractual control over him for a minimum of 3 years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I'd rather take a flyer on Keelan Doss. Rookie UDFA cut by the Raiders with size, speed and good hands. Very surprised he got cut.

Plus, you'd have contractual control over him for a minimum of 3 years.

I want them both .. 

Robby, Q, Crowder, Doctson, Doss would be nice receiving core with youth and experience, size and speed. And we wouldn’t have to cringe if anybody gets hurt . 

Pipe dream tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Untouchable said:

We wouldn’t be relying on Doctson to be the first, second, third, fourth or even fifth option in the passing game.

Regardless of who our #4 wideout is, they’re still going to be searching for scraps behind Anderson, Crowder, Enunwa, Bell, Herndon and probably even Montgomery.

If Anderson or Enunwa were to miss a game or two, I’d rather roll out Doctson on the outside over someone like Josh Bellamy.

What makes you think being a former 1st rounder that he would be willing to accept being a SIXTH option in the passing game? Even if you did to get him to sign up for such a demotion, the Jets would never keep him beyond the end of this season. Doctson would certainly have more attractive options besides being the NYJ sixth option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

What makes you think being a former 1st rounder that he would be willing to accept being a SIXTH option in the passing game? Even if you did to get him to sign up for such a demotion, the Jets would never keep him beyond the end of this season. Doctson would certainly have more attractive options besides being the NYJ sixth option.

What’s his alternative?

Who is picking up Doctson presently with the belief that he’s going to be one of their starting wideouts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

What’s his alternative?

Who is picking up Doctson presently with the belief that he’s going to be one of their starting wideouts?

What makes you think the NYJ's sixth passing option is his only option? We'll have to see how things shake out, but I would think a receiver of Doctson's talent will have many other more attractive options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...