***Official NY JETS Waiver Wire Signing Thread ***

joewilly12

9 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

SO.....hold up.....we didn't claim ANY future Hall of Famers cut of the incredible Raiders roster?

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Remember we were supposed to claim all their scrubs who would have been upgrades here according to @Raideraholic

No but they claimed another QB to go with the MVP of the league

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Williams wants to do big nickel this year. 

Been saying that for a while We will run 3 and 4 safety looks,, along with double will looks with Cashman. I suspect we may see quite an unusual defense this year from Williams, maybe one that has never really been tried in the NFL before, but it fits the personnel we have and are bringing in.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans thought josh doctson and laquan treadwell were hall of fame players just waiting to be picked up by us.  Hahahahaha.

Or maybe no one wanted to take on the contract of a first round pick because when you claim then that’s what you do. Now you can offer them a smaller contract to prove themselves. They will get picked up soon if not by the jets by some body. And I hope we go after Doctson 

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Franklin-Myers has some backers out west it seems: https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/31/rams-nfl-cuts-john-franklin-myers/

Picking him up makes sense if we move to mainly a 4-man front.  

Bennett Jackson seems like a long shot, but with all the rest of the CBs out the door and 5 safeties on the roster, gives you the sense Williams wants to do big nickel this year. 

Vedvik is a wild card and Berrios...may as well have kept Burnett then?

The biggest surprise for the Rams was the release of Franklin-Myers, last year’s fourth-round pick. He wasn’t an impactful player as a rookie in 2018, but he did play well in the playoffs and had a strip-sack in the Super Bowl. He was viewed as a raw prospect when he was drafted out of Stephen F. Austin, which makes his release shocking.

Franklin-Myers can play defensive end and outside linebacker, which increased his value to the Rams. However, the team opted to keep Morgan Fox instead, who will back up Michael Brockers.

If Franklin-Myers clears waivers – which is far from guaranteed – he’s a perfect candidate for the practice squad.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/09/meet-jets-waiver-claims-who-are-kaare-vedvik-braxton-berrios-john-franklin-bennett-jackson.html

K/P Kaare Vedvik

Hometown: Stavanger, Norway

College: Marshall

Draft: UDFA

Experience: One season

Notes: Vedvik has not played in the regular season. He is 13-for-17 on field goals during the last two preseasons. He spent last year on the Ravens’ reserve/non-football injury list. He was traded to the Vikings for a fifth-round pick earlier this summer, but went 1-for-4 after the move, prompting a cut.

DB Bennett Jackson

Hometown: Hazlet, New Jersey

College: Notre Dame

Draft: 2014, Round 6

Experience: Five seasons

Notes: Jackson has not played in the regular season. He has spent the last five seasons on practice squads or the injured reserve list. Was selected by the Giants in the 2014 draft. Spent two years in New York until being cut before the 2016 season.

WR Braxton Berrios

Hometown: Raleigh, North Carolina

College: Miami

Draft: 2018, Round 6

Notes: Berrios spent last season on the Patriots’ injured reserve list. Can also return punts.

DE John Franklin-Myers

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

College: Stephen F. Austin

Draft: 2018, Round 4

Notes: Played all 16 games for the Rams in 2018, tallying 10 tackles and two sacks.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hopefully at some point they can move Siemian for a pick and use Falk as backup. He still needs to develop, but I think he fits the offense better, regardless of whether Siemian knows Gase's system or not. Bit surprised that Doss went unclaimed. Looks like Dortch goes which I cannot say I agree with.

I also REALLY hope we keep Kyle Phillips. He could really be a player. Of course, in traditional NFL fashion watch them keep the loser drafted guy in Shepherd.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

You mean...error.

This guy Vedvik's Summer has been off the rails.  3 teams via a trade and then a release and waiver claim?

Didn't he miss more kicks than Bertolett did?

its going to come back and bite us early in the season and possible derail it

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh. I wanted Franklin Myers, pretty much the only defensive guy outside of Noah Spence I thought was worth claiming… But in return I get yet another bloody goddamn slot receiver… Jesus Christ Adam how many of them do you need 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1