***Official NY JETS Waiver Wire Signing Thread ***

joewilly12

On 9/1/2019 at 12:16 PM, rldev said:

I don't know how much more evidence some of you need to realize we are now a base 4-3 defense. Williams has run the 4-3 his whole career, why would he change now? That being said I can see a bunch of new looks from him this year. But make no mistake, we are fast tracking to the 4-3 and I'm glad.

Because GW’s plan was to get both CJ and Avery Williamson playing inside with Jenkins and Copeland outside. The Jets will be a hybrid and multiple in their front seven.  Williamson’s injury throws a wrench into this. Neville Hewitt and Blake Cashman were going to see some time on the field.  The Jets barely have one prototypical down 4-3 defensive end.

I don’t know how much more evidence you need to see that Gregg Williams will work with what he has and not force feed his scheme to a miscast group of players. 

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL)

9/1/19, 11:17 PM

Jets sign tight end Ian Bunting to practice squad, formerly of the Bears, had five practice squad offers, per a league source

Does this mean we can't add Burnett to PS as a result? 

This guy any good?

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I keep reading we signed Josh Adams to see the Ps, but it hasn't been officially announced.

Guys we are adding to the PS that we just cut can be signed straight away, guys we are adding from other teams cuts probably have to come in and take a physical before they can be formally signed and announced.  That's my guess.

8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Guys we are adding to the PS that we just cut can be signed straight away, guys we are adding from other teams cuts probably have to come in and take a physical before they can be formally signed and announced.  That's my guess.

Good point! They also haven't announced Ian Bunting, the TE we signed from the Bears cuts.