Jachai Polite was fined more than $100,000 during his time with the Jets

Maxman

7 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Did Douglas fire all the scouts along with Macc? I sure hope so. 

Actually there are two types of scouts.  The college scouting dept. and the dept. of pro player personnel.  Our pro scouts have been really good if you ask me.  Bringing in Henry Anderson, Jamison Crowder, Avery Williamson (I don't count the really big names because they're obvious).  For a team that has had horrendous drafts, we'd be 1-3 win team with our pro player scouts filling the gaps with some talent.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Actually there are two types of scouts.  The college scouting dept. and the dept. of pro player personnel.  Our pro scouts have been really good if you ask me.  Bringing in Henry Anderson, Jamison Crowder, Avery Williamson (I don't count the really big names because they're obvious).  For a team that has had horrendous drafts, we'd be 1-3 win team with our pro player scouts filling the gaps with some talent.

On the flipside if we drafted well we wouldn't need too sign players like that. It's not a coincidence that the best teams in the league draft well year after year and don't have those giant free agent budgets because they resign their own players. Hopefully we're trending towards that.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

So why did the Jets cut the cord on 2019 third-round draft pick Jachai Polite? While his on-field performance surely was a factor, disciplinary issues apparently came into play.

Per a league source, Polite was fined more than $100,000 for tardiness and other issues regarding doing things he shouldn’t have done or not doing things he should have been doing. Polite’s agent, Brian Mackler, had declined to comment on the matter.

It’s not that Polite can’t afford to pay the fines. As the fourth pick in round three, he received a $1.122 million signing bonus from the Jets.

Unclaimed on waivers, Polite now will have a chance to prove himself as a member of the Seahawks’ practice squad.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/01/jachai-polite-was-fined-more-than-100000-during-his-time-with-the-jets/

So the Raiders got SEVEN wins out of Jamarcus Russell for in excess of $39,000,000. The Jets got NOTHING from Jachai Polite for $1.122 million.

So tell me.... Who got fleeced worse? The Raiders or Jets?

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

4B1E2AEC-15C6-461E-BF7B-45506B3954E3.thumb.jpeg.00851d82d53db11aebc831975c41fa8b.jpeg

There was a whole six months there in which we somehow managed to spend like two hundred million dollars on free agents and change coaches and GMs on top of turning another year of draft picks into a bag of magic beans and somehow nobody is either accountable for or precluded from taking credit for anything. This is peak Jetsy.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

So the Raiders got SEVEN wins out of Jamarcus Russell for in excess of $39,000,000. The Jets got NOTHING from Jachai Polite for $1.122 million.

No idea what these two things have in common.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RobR said:

On the flipside if we drafted well we wouldn't need too sign players like that. It's not a coincidence that the best teams in the league draft well year after year and don't have those giant free agent budgets because they resign their own players. Hopefully we're trending towards that.

Right. But the point is our drafts have been crappy while our pro personnel scouts have been successful. If we could get our college scouts to be as good as our pro personnel scouts, our roster would be far more talented. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Right. But the point is our drafts have been crappy while our pro personnel scouts have been successful. If we could get our college scouts to be as good as our pro personnel scouts, our roster would be far more talented. 

Lot easier to scout guys who have a league history than to extrapolate future performance from how prospects perform against future used car salesmen.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

There was a whole six months there in which we somehow managed to spend like two hundred million dollars on free agents and change coaches and GMs on top of turning another year of draft picks into a bag of magic beans and somehow nobody is either accountable for or precluded from taking credit for anything. This is peak Jetsy.

It feels like Maccagnan and Bowles walked into an environment where they were tasked with bringing Idzik’s vision in for a landing and, predictably, they immediately crashed into the side of a mountain. Like two post-apocalyptic cavemen trying to operate the Space Shuttle.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

No idea what these two things have in common.

They are both a tremendous waste of money. It also shows how bad draft choices can set an organization back.  I would definitely say the Raiders got fleeced worse. After all, Russell was the number 1 overall pick back before the rookie salary cap was set in place. So the Raiders paid almost 40 million for seemingly NOTHING. However, Russell did actually win 7 games, which is a hell of a lot more than anything Jachai Polite ever did. I'm laughing about this only because it shows how truly inept our former GM was.

8 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

What a ridiculous post!

Jamarcus Russell was a first over all pick in 2007 and a QB bust!! Polite was a third round OLB bust. Nothing sets a franchise back further than blowing a first overall pick on a QB bust!! These two examples shouldn't even be in the same universe.

• Upvote 2

On 9/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, jetsjets said:

It’s almost as if McCoffee gave us one last F-you on his way out. We have cut so many draft picks it’s just sad. As excited as I am about this team I look at our depth and know we still have some ways to go 

Depth? Depth? Depth? Our cb’s suck. Our OL is STILL pedestrian and unproven. Our LB’s are mediocre and we don’t have a legit edge rusher. Our WR’s are midgets with no legit #1 WR. Our DL is fair at best and overhyped. Our all pro bowl safety ? has hands of stone. Our other top safety can’t stay healthy even if he ate at Whole Foods. Our kicker is a total question mark.  And you’re talking about depth? ?

Don't mean to rain on your parade but this team has a ways to go before they can even compete. Macc destroyed the overall balance of this team and it will take a few years by the right man making the right picks and sense to rise above the mess Macc left us with. 

PS - great optimism though ?

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, jgb said:

Lot easier to scout guys who have a league history than to extrapolate future performance from how prospects perform against future used car salesmen.

It's really not though.  You're gauging one thing when you draft players, talent.  Is this player going to contribute or bust?  Pro players come with a lot more baggage.  What's his salary?  Is he a free agent or do we need to trade for him?  If so, what's his trade value?  What's he worth to us?  Is this a player who's been overlooked but represents a high risk/reward (Henry Anderson) ?  At the opening of the free agency period in the spring, it's all about the Pro-scouts.  Same with the preseason and final cuts.  There are also hidden Gems buried on rosters, and older players assumed to be washed up that are cut loose (Adrian Peterson).  There's a lot that goes into pro player personnel decisions and my point was that of all the scouting issues we've had, pro scouting has been pretty damn solid.  Ty Montgomery, C.J. Mosley, Brian Poole, Kelechi Osemele, Steve Maclendon, Henry Anderson, Ryan Kalil, Jamison Crowder, Kelvin Beacham....all were brought in by our pro scouts (not to mention the obvious Leveon Bell).  A ridiculously high percentage of our roster began their careers elsewhere...which is what happens when you draft poorly.  Our pro scouts have been making the most of a bad hand, IMO.  They get some credit.

23 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

15 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

The Raiders of course. Not sure if you are serious.

Going strictly by the math, you're wrong.

Jamarcus Russell won 7 games and cost 39 Million for a per win payday of $5.6M.

Jachai Polite got $1.122M and got 0 victories.  Any positive dollar amount divided by 0 equals $∞, (infinite dollars).  Infinite dollars per victory is even more expensive than $5.6M per victory.  So the Jets got hurt worse in the  draft bust sweepstakes.

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It feels like Maccagnan and Bowles walked into an environment where they were tasked with bringing Idzik’s vision in for a landing and, predictably, they immediately crashed into the side of a mountain. Like two post-apocalyptic cavemen trying to operate the Space Shuttle.

Wouldn’t post-apocalyptic cavemen just be modern-day human beings? 

11 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

It's really not though.  You're gauging one thing when you draft players, talent.  Is this player going to contribute or bust?  Pro players come with a lot more baggage.  What's his salary?  Is he a free agent or do we need to trade for him?  If so, what's his trade value?  What's he worth to us?  Is this a player who's been overlooked but represents a high risk/reward (Henry Anderson) ?  At the opening of the free agency period in the spring, it's all about the Pro-scouts.  Same with the preseason and final cuts.  There are also hidden Gems buried on rosters, and older players assumed to be washed up that are cut loose (Adrian Peterson).  There's a lot that goes into pro player personnel decisions and my point was that of all the scouting issues we've had, pro scouting has been pretty damn solid.  Ty Montgomery, C.J. Mosley, Brian Poole, Kelechi Osemele, Steve Maclendon, Henry Anderson, Ryan Kalil, Jamison Crowder, Kelvin Beacham....all were brought in by our pro scouts (not to mention the obvious Leveon Bell).  A ridiculously high percentage of our roster began their careers elsewhere...which is what happens when you draft poorly.  Our pro scouts have been making the most of a bad hand, IMO.  They get some credit.

Totally disagree, and that’s okay. Easier to forecast players who already have NFL experience than those that don’t. Never said it was perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 3:37 PM, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

What a loser and waste of talent. Sadly we will all probably be paying for his food stamps and assisted housing a few years from now. 

Thanks for butt fumbling me when I said I liked the black uniforms. Ten people liked it, 1 butt fumble. Good thing though because it made me check your posts and I saw this beauty. This is a completely garbage post. These topics are not welcome here and this tone certainly is not welcome here. Kindly avoid posts like this in the future.

• Upvote 2

On 9/18/2019 at 12:05 AM, Maxman said:

Thanks for butt fumbling me when I said I liked the black uniforms. Ten people liked it, 1 butt fumble. Good thing though because it made me check your posts and I saw this beauty. This is a completely garbage post. These topics are not welcome here and this tone certainly is not welcome here. Kindly avoid posts like this in the future.

Sorry you’re so butt hurt. Did I ruin your day? I didn’t know you were so sensitive. 

Yes, I don’t like the Jets new uniforms. I don’t have a problem with change, but if you are going to make something new, at least make it an improvement, not a downgrade. The new uniforms are lame

The soft skin around here reminds me that r/nyjets is a much better place

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Sorry you’re so butt hurt. Did I ruin your day? I didn’t know you were so sensitive. 

Yes, I don’t like the Jets new uniforms. I don’t have a problem with change, but if you are going to make something new, at least make it an improvement, not a downgrade. The new uniforms are lame

The soft skin around here reminds me that r/nyjets is a much better place

I often go into the store and insult the owner.

• Haha 3

On 9/17/2019 at 9:05 PM, Maxman said:

i'd abolish the butt fumble icon. the rest cover the ground necessary w/o being immature.

that is, immature imho...      its the icon equivalent of a fart noise.

• Thumb Down 1

On 9/1/2019 at 10:56 PM, RobR said:

While mostly true, many of the good teams spend money on big free agents.. The Eagles, Saints, Rams, Ravens, Bears. Even the Pats gave some nice loot to AB even knowing what a clown show he is.