Maxman

Jachai Polite was fined more than $100,000 during his time with the Jets

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i think Max's point was on your post regarding the food stamps and assisted living which has no place here.  i doubt he cares very much on whether you agree with him or not on the jets uniform.

I’m serious about the food stamps. I’m a tax paying Florida resident. He’ll probably move back here and settle for unemployment. 

• Thumb Down 2

Forget about Polite. So far he's only on a PS and any team can acquire him. He has talent and like Devin Smith it could click for him in the future. It's not easy trying to take guys heads off every week and getting injured even if you are a work out freak (which Polite isn't). It looks like the Jets had adequate reason to cut him. And Gase is trying to build a culture of accountability here. He tried doing that in Miami getting rid of guys who don't fit in. Of course BB has been doing this for years. If a team doesn't play together and follow the game plan including off the field it's the way losing teams operate. He's benching guys who don't produce and giving other guys opportunities. I like it. 

26 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i'd abolish the butt fumble icon. the rest cover the ground necessary w/o being immature.

that is, immature imho...      its the icon equivalent of a fart noise.

and he obliges...     twat

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

The soft skin around here reminds me that r/nyjets is a much better place

No.

Please.

Don’t leave.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EdReed22 said:

Watch out for Chase Winovich this game.....

Part of me wants the Jets to win on a last minute FG, but have Winovich go for 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and a pick 6 just to watch this board absolutely implode despite the win.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

I’m serious about the food stamps. I’m a tax paying Florida resident. He’ll probably move back here and settle for unemployment. 

you do realize that Florida doesn't have a state tax?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Shhhhhh don't say anything.....I enjoy receiving those checks from him every year.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Florida is in the bottom ten in average household income and relies almost entirely on income from tourism. If Florida had to rely on their resident tax income, the state would be more impoverished than Haiti. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

There is something interesting here.  Polite is on the Seahawks practice squad - along with Parry Nickerson.  The Seahawks are notoriously metrics driven.  They must not believe that he is actually anywhere near as slow as he tested.  It is also interesting that they traded for Nickerson because they never draft CBs with short arms and Nickerson's are like 29".  Maybe they are changing philosophies or maybe they view him as straight slot and have a different vision there.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

There is something interesting here.  Polite is on the Seahawks practice squad - along with Parry Nickerson.  The Seahawks are notoriously metrics driven.  They must not believe that he is actually anywhere near as slow as he tested.  It is also interesting that they traded for Nickerson because they never draft CBs with short arms and Nickerson's are like 29".  Maybe they are changing philosophies or maybe they view him as straight slot and have a different vision there.

Or they are desperate.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Or they are desperate.

Yes, the team that has not had a losing season since 2011 is desperate.  Makes perfect sense.  Everyone is desperate for pass rush and corners. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes, the team that has not had a losing season since 2011 is desperate.  Makes perfect sense.  Everyone is desperate for pass rush and corners. 

Honestly speaking they could very well be if they are holding onto these 2 NY Jets castoffs. 

If pass rushers and shut down CB's were that easy to find we wouldn't have the defensive issues we do here. 

Maybe they feel they can develop them. 

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Florida is in the bottom ten in average household income and relies almost entirely on income from tourism. If Florida had to rely on their resident tax income, the state would be more impoverished than Haiti. 

Image result for bugs bunny florida gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Of course a state with no income tax would be impoverished if it relied on its income tax. It would have an annual funds of $0

i enjoy not giving away an extra 10% to lazy people and corrupt politicians 

3 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Sorry you’re so butt hurt. Did I ruin your day? I didn’t know you were so sensitive. 

Yes, I don’t like the Jets new uniforms. I don’t have a problem with change, but if you are going to make something new, at least make it an improvement, not a downgrade. The new uniforms are lame

The soft skin around here reminds me that r/nyjets is a much better place

You apparently missed the point completely. The social commentary posts aren't anything we do here. Not because we are thin skinned but because we don't have the time to referee people fighting over non Jets stuff.

Enjoy reditt sorry this site couldn't meet your needs.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

i think Max's point was on your post regarding the food stamps and assisted living which has no place here.  i doubt he cares very much on whether you agree with him or not on the jets uniform.

Exactly, thanks for clarifying you are 100% right.

3 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

2 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

I got property taxes that go to the county. But yeah food stamps probably come from federal funds.

Polite may be smarter than I thought. He’s in Seattle now. Perfect place for getting free stuff once he gets cut.

I get what you are doing but I will post another reminder anyway. We don't do political topics here.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Of course a state with no income tax would be impoverished if it relied on its income tax. It would have an annual funds of $0

i enjoy not giving away an extra 10% to lazy people and corrupt politicians 

Again, your political/social commentary is unwanted and unneeded. Please keep it to yourself. 

Thanks. 

• Upvote 2