Braxton Berrios needs his own thread

jetstream23

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If 6th round draft picks who have never caught an nfl pass and just got cut deserves their own thread, what player doesnt deserve their own thread?

He is on the Jets 53 man roster and is likely the starter at punt return.

If practice squad guys like Josh Adams get their own thread I would think a starter should too. 

• Upvote 1

Although he's a little shorter, Berrios plays a lot like Adam Humphries, who many on the board (including me) wanted us to sign in the offseason.

He adds some depth at slot, and he will be the starting punt returner. Let's hope he can stay healthy and bring his college production to the pros.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Somewhat excited for this guy. 

He also has a name that seems like it could be destined for stardom (or moderate fame)

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Absolutely!  That's an all-pro name.

What’s his star sign?

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Although he's a little shorter, Berrios plays a lot like Adam Humphries, who many on the board (including me) wanted us to sign in the offseason.

He adds some depth at slot, and he will be the starting punt returner. Let's hope he can stay healthy and bring his college production to the pros.

very slightly tall;er version of dortch....

i'll root for him, its what i do...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, flgreen said:

Here's a video that really shows the Jekyll and Hyde of Berrios.  All his plays against FSU in a real fun game.   Your going to see Mr Hyde first.  lol

Damn.  Kid's a tough little _____er.  Literally tries to get separation any way he can.

I think he's Crowder's insurance policy, while also returning punts.  

New England stresses 3 cone drill over 40 (from some articles), which makes sense because it's all about change of directions from the slot.  I think a guy like Berrios shows well there.  He does little things (sometimes illegal) to gain separation at the end, and that can be useful.  (btw, watching the FSU video, was it just me, or did the official sound like he caught Berrios sneaking around with his daughter? There was some anger in him announcing those penalties,  lol)

I liked Dortch so I'm sad to see him go, but I think Berrios can be helpful.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JiF said:

New England's depth sucks.  Dorsett isnt good.  Gordon is totally unreliable.  And while Harry has potential, he's a rookie.  They basically have Edelman and White to throw the ball to with Gronk gone.  Berrios not making the team with a system tailor made for his game is concerning. 

Brady trusts Edelman, Gordon, and Dorsett. If Brady trusts you, then you'll be successful. Thomas, Harry (after a few games on IR), Meyers, and Olszewski (who beat out Berrios) and that's as good as any receiving corps as there is. Next add the stable of Michel, White, and Burkhead, Harris, and Devlin. The NE offense will be very formidable this year. Much better than last year.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

Brady trusts Edelman, Gordon, and Dorsett. If Brady trusts you, then you'll be successful. Thomas, Harry (after a few games on IR), Meyers, and Olszewski (who beat out Berrios) and that's as good as any receiving corps as there is. Next add the stable of Michel, White, and Burkhead, Harris, and Devlin. The NE offense will be very formidable this year. Much better than last year.

What?  Huh?  They’re terrible without Brady. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

What?  Huh?  They’re terrible without Brady. 

I'm not sure how your, "They're terrible without Brady," comment plays into this. However, even if Brady were to pull an Andrew Luck, NE would still be the favorite to win the AFCE. Not the SB, but certainly the AFCE. #2 seed behind KC. (#1 with Brady) Before the season begins, Stidham is easily the 3rd best QB in the AFCE, behind Brady and Darnold. Then there's the HC and the rest of the team. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

And your not biased 

9 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

I'm not sure how your, "They're terrible without Brady," comment plays into this. However, even if Brady were to pull an Andrew Luck, NE would still be the favorite to win the AFCE. Not the SB, but certainly the AFCE. #2 seed behind KC. (#1 with Brady) Before the season begins, Stidham is easily the 3rd best QB in the AFCE, behind Brady and Darnold. Then there's the HC and the rest of the team. 

With Stidham’s mobility, the Pats will be more dangerous next year then they have been the last few years with brady.  This dude is perfect for Bellicheks system.

15 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

This isnt a conversation about New England and their offense and their odds of winning the division.  It's a conversation about why Braxton Berrios couldnt make a team with terrible/unreliable players in front of him.

My comment plays in perfectly.  Your comment is clearly that of a Patriots troll. 

Welcome to the board!  You root for the biggest frauds in the history of sports. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

With Stidham’s mobility, the Pats will be more dangerous next year then they have been the last few years with brady.  This dude is perfect for Bellicheks system.

I think NE's success will continue even after Brady retires as long as BB is there. Hopefully, BB's replacement will continue to have success with the Patriot Way...

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

This isnt a conversation about New England and their offense and their odds of winning the division.  It's a conversation about why Braxton Berrios couldnt make a team with terrible/unreliable players in front of him.

My comment plays in perfectly.  Your comment is clearly that of a Patriots troll. 

Welcome to the board!  You root for the biggest frauds in the history of sports. 

Someone claimed that NE's depth "sucked", so I responded and showed that the statement is false. I thought it was you who posted that. If it wasn't you, I certainly apologize...

I also know not to poke the "NE cheats" rabble no matter how ridiculous their claims. Nothing gets you banned from an opponent's message board faster that posting the truth... 

I'm not going to respond to any posts about NE cheating, no matter how outrageous, nonsensical, or childish. www.yourteamcheats.com says t all...

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

Someone claimed that NE's depth "sucked", so I responded and showed that the statement is false. I thought it was you who posted that. If it wasn't you, I certainly apologize...

I also know not to poke the "NE cheats" rabble no matter how ridiculous their claims. Nothing gets you banned from an opponent's message board faster that posting the truth... 

I'm not going to respond to any posts about NE cheating, no matter how outrageous, nonsensical, or childish. www.yourteamcheats.com says t all...

The your team cheats site is awesome.  The jets cheat more then the pats.  Who knew.

I watched Berrios a good deal at U of Miami, and he was a big playmaker for them.  Heady player who knew how to get open and catch the ball.  Basically looked like the 2nd coming of Wes Welker.  I was honestly surprised he didn't catch on at NE.  Maybe it was injuries.

Hopefully he can get to 100% and contribute here.  I think Gase knows how to use him the right way.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

troll GIF

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

Tiff. Tiff. Tiff. The Patriots cheat.

• Sympathy 2

34 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

A site for people who really arent too smart. 

Revis was tampered with.  LOL

A player tripped on the sideline is organizational cheating?  LOL

Counts the same as a cheat, like spygate that is a total organizational strategy. 

Whatever works to help you get over the idea that you team is run by cheaters from ownership to the HC to the FQB on down.  

Hey, maybe when you get down to it people actually like the Pats, dont hate them for being cheaters.  

• Upvote 1

More Jet cheating on www.yourteamcheats.com, DEFLATEGATE, LOL

INTERESTINGLY the PATS arent charged for the same when they were investigated and caught red handed.  And of course Brady suspended.   All because an ex jet player from almost 30 years ago, who was with the Jets ONE year, played 12 other years, starting most of them, who threw only 9 passes as a Jet admitted he did it.  LOL, thats a Jets cheater.

SUMMARY: Ex-Jets and Retired Pro Bowl quarterback Jeff Blake confessed in an interview that removing air from footballs was common when he played in the NFL from 1992-2005.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," the ex-Jets QB said Wednesday in a radio interview on the "Midday 180" show on Nashville's 104.5 The Zone. "Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard.

"Everybody puts the pin in and takes just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat. So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

Blake says that he'd order ball boys to let air out of his footballs just before the start of games during his entire NFL career, which included time with the Jets in 1992.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Idk, but I feel like your name trumps your sign. 

Berrios just sounds right 

I'm laughing about you guys liking his name. Every time I see it, it reminds be of a cereal. Are berry flavored Cheerios a thing?  :rolleyes:

If not, maybe they should be...

• Haha 2