Braxton Berrios needs his own thread

jetstream23

Gase said he’s followed Berrios and likes him as a player. But isn’t the short passing game covered with Bell, Crowder and even Bilal if he makes the team. And Herndon when he returns. We could use a Demaryius Thomas kind of receiver a vet big guy who can catch. And we’re covered in the return game with Cannon. I’m not complaining all for giving Gase the players he thinks he can win with. 

1 hour ago, Tiffany980 said:

if Brady were to pull an Andrew Luck, NE would still be the favorite to win the AFCE.

Put the crack pipe down, this isnt a Pats circle fest 

Brady quits Belicheat runs out right behind him.

Even if he stays, Jets would win the division.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Put the crack pipe down, this isnt a Pats circle fest 

Brady quits Belicheat runs out right behind him.

Even if he stays, Jets would win the division.  

Belichick was ready to retire 11 years ago, but now I think he feels like he needs to prove he can win a SB without Brady. Brady of course just keeps playing and playing.

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree with him.  Stidham is the next big thing in this league.

You dont go from a 4th round draft pick to backup qb on a super bowl contending team unless the greatest coach of all time believes you are an absolute superstar.

Not sure if serious?  Former 4th round pick Rohan Davey was the backup QB on arguably the greatest Patriots team in history and he was absolute trash. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not when the qb is 43 and at the end of his career.

Fair enough.  I personally wouldn't rate Stidham ahead of Allen, Rosen, or even Fitzpatrick at this point in his career (put Stidham on last year's Bills, Dolphins or Bucs team and see how well he does), but I understand your point. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

Fair enough.  I personally wouldn't rate Stidham ahead of Allen, Rosen, or even Fitzpatrick at this point in his career (put Stidham on last year's Bills, Dolphins or Bucs team and see how well he does), but I understand your point. 

Bellichek would rather have Stidham then josh allen.  Its all about the qb that can run their system.  Its like they found a more mobile brady.  Darnold and gase better be the truth cause the pats arent going anywhere for another 10 years.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

I also know not to poke the "NE cheats" rabble no matter how ridiculous their claims. Nothing gets you banned from an opponent's message board faster that posting the truth... 

I'm not going to respond to any posts about NE cheating, no matter how outrageous, nonsensical, or childish. www.yourteamcheats.com says t all...

Hhahahahah ... love when cheats fans try to argue that they don’t cheat ... too f*cking funny

“Ohhh yeahhhh ... i don’t care if we’ve been caught and punished for cheating multiple times. ... i din’t care if the commissioner had to go so far as to burn the evidence of our cheating in order to protect the nfl shield”

Hysterical ... now this one pulls a

... you are wrong to say we cheat

... i’m saying the truth that we don’t cheat (facts & evidence obviously need not apply here)

... if you don’t agree with me that we don’t cheat then I’m just going to sit here & pout and hold my breathe ... i’m not going to talk to you ... so there!!

Please talk to us Tiff ... from what i’ve read so far it sounds like your attempts to cover up the patriot cheating will be extra pathetic

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bellichek would rather have Stidham then josh allen.  Its all about the qb that can run their system.  Its like they found a more mobile brady.  Darnold and gase better be the truth cause the pats arent going anywhere for another 10 years.

There's no way you're not a troll. The only time you go out on a limb is when it's something positive about another team. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Belichick was ready to retire 11 years ago, but now I think he feels like he needs to prove he can win a SB without Brady. Brady of course just keeps playing and playing.

I dont see it.  Its not like he stays one year and rights the ship and rides off into the sunset.

He stays one year, he has to see it through.  Without his Brady in place its not a quick fix.  When Brady steps down Belichick is likely to be 70.  Dont see why he would put himself through this, with the possibility of failing, at 70.

Retire and be a living inductee to the HOF, enjoy life

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont see it.  Its not like he stays one year and rights the ship and rides off into the sunset.

He stays one year, he has to see it through.  Without his Brady in place its not a quick fix.  When Brady steps down Belichick is likely to be 70.  Dont see why he would put himself through this, with the possibility of failing, at 70.

Belichick is not wired the same as most people. I saw an interview where he described how he liked the structure and that he sort of knew where he would be each day of the year. I don't think 70 will be the hurdle for him others think it will be. I would be shocked if he retired with Brady.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

5 more years, he can catch Shula.

Plus, for some of these guy, coaching is their life.   It's all they really want to do.   Jimmy Johnson is one of the few I have heard of who could walk away and be totally content.

Adam Gase has liked new Jets return man Braxton Berrios since their Miami days

usatsi_13300683.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
1 hour ago

The Jets claimed former Patriots WR Braxton Berrios hoping he can be a force on special teams.

Berrios is just now joining Adam Gase’s team, replacing Greg Dortch on the depth chart at both wide receiver and punt returner. However, Gase has had his eyes on Berrios since they both were in Miami.

Inhabit;ord=8082001557891.488;dc_seg=756255014?

When Gase was the head coach of the Miami Dolphins, Berrios, a University of Miami product, caught the organization’s eye during a local pro day. The Dolphins, however, were unable to find space in their receiver room for him.

“We worked him out, we were able to at our Miami day down there,” Gase said on Monday. “He was a guy who we actually spent a little more time with. We were excited to see kind of how the draft went and see what happened there.”

Berrios has yet to play a single NFL regular-season snap, as his time with the Patriots was doomed by injuries, but the Jets are hoping he can make an impact.

Berrios only returned one punt for a touchdown while at Miami, but he averaged nearly 15.9 yards per punt return during his senior season with the Hurricanes. He was a threat in the slot during his college days, too. At Miami, Berrios caught 100 passes for 1,175 yards and four touchdowns.

“He’s a guy, who historically coming out of college, was really good getting open in the slot,” Gase said. “He’s had good experience as far as punt returner goes. There’s a lot of confidence there.”

Clearly, Berrios has impressed Gase over the years. He’s a more polished product than Dortch — at least that’s what the Jets are banking on — and he’ll get an opportunity to prove Gase right with New York this season.

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Belichick is not wired the same as most people. I saw an interview where he described how he liked the structure and that he sort of knew where he would be each day of the year. I don't think 70 will be the hurdle for him others think it will be. I would be shocked if he retired with Brady.

I dont see him for one minute letting his legacy dip lower if he doesnt win with another QB.  I think hes totally into his legacy and if he doesnt win with another QB it will be fail with Kosar, fail with Vinny (who succeeded with his next 2 coaches), fail with Bledsoe, win with Brady and fail with whoever?  Not seeing it.  Has nothing to do with imaginary wiring.  Nothing would seal up his legacy to ride off into the sunset at 70 with his HOF QB, both getting inducted in the same class.

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

5 more years, he can catch Shula.

Plus, for some of these guy, coaching is their life.   It's all they really want to do.   Jimmy Johnson is one of the few I have heard of who could walk away and be totally content.

Dont think anyone cares who the all time winner is, especially when you compare wins with number of years coaching and championships won, lost, playoff wins and loses 

Cowher walked away.  Gruden for years until he was offered a insane $100 mil contract.  If not hes still on ESPN.  Same with dragging Gibbs back.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Shula coached until he was 80 because he was chasing another SB and squandered 15 years of Marino. 

Why would Bill want to coach into his 70s? 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Berrios has yet to play a single NFL regular-season snap, as his time with the Patriots was doomed by injuries, but the Jets are hoping he can make an impact.

interesting in that the Pats were able to completely hide WHAT his injruy was....

anyhow, this whole deal is about a PR/backup slot WR....             this guy 6th rnder one year IR the gets cut.

the other guy, smaller guy, smaller program UDFA...     gets cut, passes waivers, goes to PS....

former is favored by the HC as of now...   lets hope ONE OF THEM turns out...

i was following dortch during the preseaz cos he was our guy, so theres a slight bias....

i just want a damned player who can make a few impact plays from the PR spot and do backup duties...

• Upvote 1

The first 4 mins of that video is a tragedy. Played well for the last few minutes, but pretty inconsistent.  Either way, I dont see anything special there. 

Really? I saw a guy have a tough first half and bounce back to have about 5-6 catches for first downs with two TD’s. All in clutch time during a come back.

Add to it a 50 something yard punt return.

I know nothing about this guy and I’m kind of a Dortch fanboy but I’m not sure how you got that from the video by the OP.

You must be tired I think.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

There's no way you're not a troll. The only time you go out on a limb is when it's something positive about another team. 

Or went he would rant about Bell be a selfish, me first, Mevis type, locker room cancer who he didnt want and would ruin the team and Darnold with his attitude

Kind of not seeing any inkling of this being close to true.  

19 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

8 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Matt. Cassel.

How about Hoyer.  

A more mobile Brady?  BWAAAA stop with the over the top fantasy dreaming

Stidham looked like nothing special playing against 4th stringers. 

Well, except to you.  Who needs more time to evaluate Darnold.  

Too funny on its own and that you think anyone buys a word of it