Sign in to follow this  
KRL

Josh Adams Comes On Board

The philly connection will hopefully be a good one 

does he play specials?

bad news for Powell or cannon I guess 

oh ps I’m dumb lol

It’s a steal. I imagine he’ll get poached the first time a RB goes down, but if something happens with Bell, Adams could step in and start. 

34 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Hey everyone, CrazyCarl thinks that a Notre Dame player will have success.

The college homerism is something to behold. 

• Upvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

“Former Eagles RB Josh Adams is signing to Jets the practice squad, per source.”

Holding my horses...I don’t believe anything that looks like it’s been written by an East Indian tech support scammer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The college homerism is something to behold. 

Especially from a guy with a Nittany Lion neck tat,

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Hey everyone, CrazyCarl thinks that a Notre Dame player will have success.

He’s already had success. I didn’t say anything about the corner the Jets claimed who went to ND. But go on with your clownish antics. Lest we have a real football discussion. 

I was on the Jets site a few minutes ago and he wasn’t listed in the seven practice squad signings.  Are we sure that he has signed?

On 8/30/2019 at 9:30 PM, Lupz27 said:

If Josh Adams gets cut by the Eagles I can see him landing on his feet with the Jets.

5 hours ago, KRL said:

Former Eagles RB Josh Adams is signing to Jets the practice squad, per source. Philly’s leading rusher last season reunites with GM Joe Douglass in New York.

Called this 

I thought I saw yesterday that we’d cut Bilal but so far looks like no. We’ll see if he doesn’t get cut in next few days. I think the Jets would keep Cannon over Bilal. So maybe it’s between Adams and Powell. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He’s already had success. I didn’t say anything about the corner the Jets claimed who went to ND. But go on with your clownish antics. Lest we have a real football discussion. 

Your honor, I would like to call Mante T'eo to the witness stand, and supply Crazy Carl's posts on him.

We rest

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, jack48 said:

why sign a starter from last year to the practice squad and play tripe like Cannon?

SPECIAL TEAMS.....

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Your honor, I would like to call Mante T'eo to the witness stand, and supply Crazy Carl's posts on him.

We rest

Not sure how this is relevant to the discussion of a running back. If you’d like to have a conversation about that player, start a thread about him. Let’s focus on the leading rusher from the Eagles last year who had 4.3 yards per carry as an undrafted prospect who now is a Jets player. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not sure how this is relevant to the discussion of a running back. If you’d like to have a conversation about that player, start a thread about him. Let’s focus on the leading rusher from the Eagles last year who had 4.3 yards per carry as an undrafted prospect who now is a Jets player. 

The greatest ability in life is to be able to laugh at yourself and your foibles. Not to take yourself too seriously,

Dont ever take yourself too seriously, Carl. We love you just the way you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

6 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s a steal. I imagine he’ll get poached the first time a RB goes down, but if something happens with Bell, Adams could step in and start. 

Agreed. Adams was a beast his final (junior) year at ND and did ok at Philly. 

• Upvote 1

So is it odd that a few hours after this news broke the Jets announced on Twitter 7 practice squad signings and this wasn't one of them?

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

We rest

There are plenty of Notre Dame players who have not been very successful in the NFL, but what is undeniable is the historical success of the program in sending the second most players to the NFL, most Pro FB HOFers, Pro Bowlers, etc, etc.  After Notre Dame, there is a significant drop off till the next successful players/program in CFB history.  

15 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

There are plenty of Notre Dame players who have not been very successful in the NFL, but what is undeniable is the historical success of the program in sending the second most players to the NFL, most Pro FB HOFers, Pro Bowlers, etc, etc.  After Notre Dame, there is a significant drop off till the next successful players/program in CFB history.  

How many has my alma mater,  the Culinary Arts Institute at Hudson County sent? 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Larz said:

The philly connection will hopefully be a good one 

does he play specials?

bad news for cannon I guess 

oh ps I’m dumb lol

Fixed.

Just now, TNJet said:

Fixed.

Put the phone down aren’t you on your honeymoon?

13 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So is it odd that a few hours after this news broke the Jets announced on Twitter 7 practice squad signings and this wasn't one of them?

I think it's still TBD.  Adams may be angling for a shot on someone's 53 still at this point.

Even if we somehow get him on the PS, I think he gets poached relatively quickly in the first few weeks of the season after someone's backup RB gets hurt.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He has to fly in and take a physical before signing. The other PS guys already announced are guys we just cut, so no need to put them through a physical as we know they are healthy.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Official now.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Official now.

I thought we'd see McClellan back sooner or later. Good veteran depth and a special teams stud.

I guess today was the first day for potential IR-Return moves. Lots of players going onto IR league wide today, which explains the delay in putting Qvale on there.