Dortch signed to PS

Cyberjet

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  really amazing nobody here realizes the reason we were able to sign him to the practice squad was because nobody else thought he was good enough to play in the NFL except the people who post here. 

that's wholly incorrect

ps-all the other guys who are on the PS are the same....  for every team...  

doesnt mean zero of them can make it....

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

that's wholly incorrect

ps-all the other guys who are on the PS are the same....  for every team...  

doesnt mean zero of them can make it....

It means they want to keep an eye on the player, possibly  elevate him in the event of an injury. Any team can grab him if they want to sign him to the 53 man roster. Nobody has because nobody believes he is better than player 53 they already have. 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

It means they want to keep an eye on the player, possibly  elevate him in the event of an injury. Any team can grab him if they want to sign him to the 53 man roster. Nobody has because nobody believes he is better than player 53 they already have. 

dude, you are thick. 

16 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What is this freaking love affair. You know who I want as the returner, the guy who can do it best. 

Nobody loves their JAGs like Jets fans (while picking apart our true heroes like Curtis Martin and Revis).

Very odd.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Unless the FO is actually doing a great job of scraping the bottom of the barrel for talent

If they can’t make the Jets’ 53 they either (a) can’t make anyone’s 53; or (b) we are not choosing the right players to be active Sundays.

39 minutes ago, Lith said:

Everyone's pre-season favorite is now a Panther -- good luck to him in Carolina.

:( 

Really liked him.  He'll be a very good PR, possibly not much more than that, but if he can grow into a capable WR5 then I'm thinking his PR abilities while let him stick with a team.  After all, we've got Berrios who is a very similar player.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

If they can’t make the Jets’ 53 they either (a) can’t make anyone’s 53; or (b) we are not choosing the right players to be active Sundays.

The Jets are getting poached left and right on their PS.

Dortch today, Bennett was signed by the Ravens yesterday, we lost an OLineman to Denver about a month ago.

I think I've nailed exactly what the Jets roster problem is - They have a lot of very average guys, players who would hover around the 50-60 spot on rosters, but they don't have enough elite guys.  In other words, we have several players on the 53 who could be somewhat interchangeable with guys on the PS.  Our "bad" players are better than some of those on other teams....but our "good" players wouldn't be considered good by other teams.

I'd expect the Jets PS to continue to get picked at.  But let's remember, we do the same thing....and grabbed Vyncint Smith off of Houston's PS and he's currently our starting KR and WR4/5.  I'm also suspecting/hoping he STAYS as the KR even after Cannon returns from injury.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

:( 

Really liked him.  He'll be a very good PR, possibly not much more than that, but if he can grow into a capable WR5 then I'm thinking his PR abilities while let him stick with a team.  After all, we've got Berrios who is a very similar player.

wanna bet some cash that he does better than 7.8 yds/PR after 5 games???

as for WR5 I'd rather have him in there on 4 WR sets than Berrios....

1 hour ago, Lith said:

The young man seems happy.  Heading back to North Carolina where he went to school and promoted to an active NFL roster.  Good day for Mr Dortch.

yes. good for him. Gase fail, imho.

will enjoy watching his hilights, shaking my head like Danny Woodhead

Roberts is averaging 4.9 yards per return this year.  He had his career year last year.

Exactly. I’m one who believes Dortch is one of those guys who will always figure out how to be effective. I’ve known so many guys like that. It’s the will.
But Roberts would have been fine to resign but wasn’t worth the big money for the one goof year he had. Touch call but he’s not doing much

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Sorry.  I just dont see what he's supposed to improve on.  He wasn't particularly elusive and actually slowed down after the catch.  He got absolutely hammered a few times in the preason. I think he'll be a good returner.  But dont ever think he's going to be a full time receiver.

2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

I think he'll be a good returner.  But dont ever think he's going to be a full time receiver.

never menat to be a full time WR.

stick him in 5-8 time/game

Practice squad players are free to sign with other NFL teams, but they have to be signed to the 53-man active roster of the acquiring team

3 hours ago, Joejet said:

Roberts is averaging 4.9 yards per return this year.  He had his career year last year.

Called it.

Everyone always overreacts to a returner having a big year out of nowhere, but there are very few guys who are awesome returners year in and year out. 

Kickers, returners, and relief pitchers are all in that same "year to year" category of who the hell knows how they will perform in any given year. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...