2019 AFC East Quick Summary

Billsfan64

My brother in law and nephew are mega bills fans and they are going to the home opener   Again. Lol

interesting that all 3 division rivals to the cheaters drafted pass rushing interior dline 

how has Oliver looked?

big baby has flashed some power and quickness and is very solid in the fundamentals and technique. He needs to stay on his feet more 

I expect when he plays the entire game and gets more chances the big plays will come 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Josh Allen can’t hit the ocean. He is the love child of Hackenburg, Paxton Lynch and Jerome Bettis. Better hope he just tucks and runs all day.

We shall see on Sunday, he carved up the Jets pretty well last year in Buffalo in a game lost due to Andre Roberts big kickoff returns.  BTW, you cut him now he is returning kicks for the Bills.

Hope you have a plan in place to stop the “retain possession passes” coming to Cole Beasley.  Can any of the sorry corners the Jets have keep up with John Brown or Robert Foster?

Cant wait to see your 85 million dollar LB lose his jock strap when Allen blows past him.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

My brother in law and nephew are mega bills fans and they are going to the home opener   Again. Lol

interesting that all 3 division rivals to the cheaters drafted pass rushing interior dline 

how has Oliver looked?

big baby has flashed some power and quickness and is very solid in the fundamentals and technique. He needs to stay on his feet more 

I expect when he plays the entire game and gets more chances the big plays will come 

All teams understand that you need to get to Brady with interior pressure.  That’s how you shut him down.  

Oliver is making progress, plays with his hands high and that could be a problem with a penalty.  But Bills have great depth in the DT position

• Upvote 2

So in case no one else expresses the sentiment, thanks for the post. I felt it was even handed and fair.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I think Allen and Darnold are going to battle for all pro honors for years to come (just not yet though). Depends on coaching and support. Time will tell.  I think this will be the great rivalry in the AFC East when the King is finally dead.

I must say how impressed we were with the Bills fans when we visited Orchard Park, Very knowledgeable fans who sat in their seats and watched the whole %^$%V game unlike the annoyances we get at Met life. As original fellow AFL teams, there is a bit of a brotherhood between us (at least from my generation), 

So how far do you go back? War Memorial? Cookie and Kemp? Dan Darragh? Elbert Dubenion?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

We shall see on Sunday, he carved up the Jets pretty well last year in Buffalo in a game lost due to Andre Roberts big kickoff returns.  BTW, you cut him now he is returning kicks for the Bills.
Hope you have a plan in place to stop the “retain possession passes” coming to Cole Beasley.  Can any of the sorry corners the Jets have keep up with John Brown or Robert Foster?
Cant wait to see your 85 million dollar LB lose his jock strap when Allen blows past him.

He passed for 200 yds vs the Jets, 50% completion pct and threw 2 picks. I’d like your definition of a bad game

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Billsfan64 said:

Good Day Jets fans.

Visitor from the world of the Buffalo Bills.  Thought I’d drop in and say hi and wish your team the best of luck in 2019, well with the exception of week 1 and week 17.

Unlike most I don’t believe the Patriots are locks to win the division.  The only thing that’s certain in the Miami Dolphins are locks for last and maybe the worst team since the 1976 Tampa Bay Bucs expansion team.

The Bills and Jets are both capable of overtaking  the Patriots this season.  Both teams are progressing well in their rebuild.  Jets took high dollar free agent path, Bills went for quantity, Both teams took high end DT prospects in the first round and both had disappointments with rookie LB, Polite cut by Jets, Joseph put on IR as a stash as he was not NFL ready.  Like Cashman pick for the Jets.  Rest of draft not so much.  Bills other then Joseph got a lot of value after Oliver in the first round.

Such a huge game on Sunday.  Teams look pretty equal with different strengths.  Jets are better on offense because of Darnold and Bell.  Bills need Allen to take the next step in his development and Devin Singletary needs to prove he can exceed the performance of McCoy with a new offensive line.  Both teams have excellent defensive lines, Bills better at LB and secondary.  Each team has special teams questions going into this season opener.

Looking forward to reading your assessments on each team and I hope one of us and maybe both put the Patriots rule to an end

Western NY still has people?   Kidding, I went to SUNY Fredonia as a music major MANY years ago.  respect Bills fans. They have a GREAT bar here in Charlotte...  all the losing, the fans pack the place. GO JETS!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Billsfan64 said:

We shall see on Sunday, he carved up the Jets pretty well last year in Buffalo in a game lost due to Andre Roberts big kickoff returns.  

He completed 50% of his passes for 5.7 yards per attempt and turned the ball over three times. And you actually lost the game because Sam Darnold led the Jets to more points in the 4th quarter than your moon-faced sh*tkicker of a QB could muster in quarters 2-4 combined. Also your team lost four straight Super Bowls. Go **** a snow shovel.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

13 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

So in case no one else expresses the sentiment, thanks for the post. I felt it was even handed and fair.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I think Allen and Darnold are going to battle for all pro honors for years to come (just not yet though). Depends on coaching and support. Time will tell.  I think this will be the great rivalry in the AFC East when the King is finally dead.

I must say how impressed we were with the Bills fans when we visited Orchard Park, Very knowledgeable fans who sat in their seats and watched the whole %^$%V game unlike the annoyances we get at Met life. As original fellow AFL teams, there is a bit of a brotherhood between us (at least from my generation), 

So how far do you go back? War Memorial? Cookie and Kemp? Dan Darragh? Elbert Dubenion?

I was born in 1957, assisted on a paper route when I was 6, to earn money to go with my dad to the Bills games in 1964, was season ticket holder thru 1975, joined the navy and settled in San Diego, gonna be 62 in October and have NFL Sunday ticket.  

Dan Darragh was such a disaster, Ed Rutkowski having to play QB in 68, the great front 7 in the AFL Championship years, Day, Dunaway, Sestak, McDole, Jacobs, Tracy and Stratton, no rushing TD’s allowed in 19 straight games in 64/65.

Was at the game in 68 for the only Bills win during the Jets Super Bowl season winning 37-35 cause Bills picked Joe Willie like 5 times and 3 went back for td’s.  The only highlight in a dreadful season.

Was also their in season opener in 69 when the crowd at old War Memorial gave the Jets a huge standing ovation as a way of thanking them for winning the Super Bowl.

Appreciate the compliments and good luck

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He completed 50% of his passes for 5.7 yards per attempt and turned the ball over three times. And you actually lost the game because Sam Darnold led the Jets to more points in the 4th quarter than your moon-faced sh*tkicker of a QB could muster in quarters 2-4 combined. Also your team lost four straight Super Bowls. Go **** a snow shovel.

I hope you don’t represent the majority of Jets fans.  Let’s hope at least you weren’t able to reproduce so that none of your IQ deficient offspring pollute the planet.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Billsfan64 said:

I hope you don’t represent the majority of Jets fans.  Let’s hope at least you weren’t able to reproduce so that none of your IQ deficient offspring pollute the planet.

I’ll admit he got carried away with the snow shovel part but you didn’t respond to the facts about Allen’s performance. Darnold outplayed him and I think he will again Sunday. The teams are pretty evenly matched but the Jets look like they have a franchise qb and I don’t think the bills do. Btw I’m born in 57 as well and started going to Shea with my Dad about the same time you were going to War Memorial. I respect your 50 plus years of fandom and that you stayed true despite leaving the area. I moved to the Philadelphia area 30 years ago never changed my allegiance. Good luck this season especially during the Pats games!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Yes, verily this civil discourse hath deteriorated thanks to the braggadocio of a few ruffians. Go fingerbang your sister at a tailgate, sh*tbird.

Might I ask what your problem is?  I come in, draft a civil post and you go into an obscenity laced tirade.

Sorry, I won’t join you in the gutter, but let’s see if you have the onions to show up about 4:30 on Sunday as the Jets are in the locker room looking forward to the first win the next week against Cleveland.

I’m guessing you lack character and will crawl back under the rock from whence you came after the Jets lose Sunday

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Billsfan64 said:

Sunday's game will be interesting... I don't think we have any idea what the Jets are going to be this year.   They have glaring deficiencies at CB+OLB, the OL is a mystery, and nobody knows what to expect from Laveon.  I expect the jets to play zone all game to mitigate big plays, keep allen in the pocket, and force him to make consecutive accurate throws to drive down the field.   If the Jets can generate any pass rush at all with the front 4 the Bills are going to have a long day.   

On offense Darnold is special.  He's the generational QB we've been waiting all of our lives for and as Jets fans we can't believe we finally have him.   We are conditioned to expect the worst and Darnold has so far lived up to expectations.    

Jets and Bills are both ascending teams.   The Jets roster is a mess and still 1-2 years given the Maccagnan drafting disaster.   The Bills are building a nice program but Allen isn't Darnold and his ceiling is still a huge ?.  I think teams will ultimately figure out how to attack the numerous Jets weaknesses but week 1, new HC + DC and the Jets have the edge at home.   I think there's room in the playoffs for either Bills or Jets but not both so this game means a lot in the scheme of things.   

• Upvote 2

Might I ask what your problem is?  I come in, draft a civil post and you go into an obscenity laced tirade.
Sorry, I won’t join you in the gutter, but let’s see if you have the onions to show up about 4:30 on Sunday as the Jets are in the locker room looking forward to the first win the next week against Cleveland.
I’m guessing you lack character and will crawl back under the rock from whence you came after the Jets lose Sunday

You still haven’t responded to the posts about Allen’s performance. You know, the one where he carved us up

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

I’ll admit he got carried away with the snow shovel part but you didn’t respond to the facts about Allen’s performance. Darnold outplayed him and I think he will again Sunday. The teams are pretty evenly matched but the Jets look like they have a franchise qb and I don’t think the bills do. Btw I’m born in 57 as well and started going to Shea with my Dad about the same time you were going to War Memorial. I respect your 50 plus years of fandom and that you stayed true despite leaving the area. I moved to the Philadelphia area 30 years ago never changed my allegiance. Good luck this season especially during the Pats games!

Hi, 

Thank you for the quality response.  Looking at Allen last year I saw a QB before injury that had no clue as to the speed of the NFL.  After he came back from injury was light years better.  He had a garbage o line, and terrible receivers. He now has had a full offseason to develop, has 8 new starters on offense and a legitimate go to guy in Cole Beasley.

Lastly, if Allen’s targets did not drop catchable passes (Bills worst in the league in 2018) he would have completed about 61% of his pass attempts.

On 9/2/2019 at 8:02 PM, Billsfan64 said:

Good Day Jets fans.

Visitor from the world of the Buffalo Bills.  Thought I’d drop in and say hi and wish your team the best of luck in 2019, well with the exception of week 1 and week 17.

Unlike most I don’t believe the Patriots are locks to win the division.  The only thing that’s certain in the Miami Dolphins are locks for last and maybe the worst team since the 1976 Tampa Bay Bucs expansion team.

The Bills and Jets are both capable of overtaking  the Patriots this season.  Both teams are progressing well in their rebuild.  Jets took high dollar free agent path, Bills went for quantity, Both teams took high end DT prospects in the first round and both had disappointments with rookie LB, Polite cut by Jets, Joseph put on IR as a stash as he was not NFL ready.  Like Cashman pick for the Jets.  Rest of draft not so much.  Bills other then Joseph got a lot of value after Oliver in the first round.

Such a huge game on Sunday.  Teams look pretty equal with different strengths.  Jets are better on offense because of Darnold and Bell.  Bills need Allen to take the next step in his development and Devin Singletary needs to prove he can exceed the performance of McCoy with a new offensive line.  Both teams have excellent defensive lines, Bills better at LB and secondary.  Each team has special teams questions going into this season opener.

Looking forward to reading your assessments on each team and I hope one of us and maybe both put the Patriots rule to an end

The only reason most people think Pats will win the division is they always do . Until they don’t they most likely will. Fight the power! 

• Upvote 1