Jeremy Stevens quote about the bus

Sharrow

"It's a heartwarming story and all that, but it will be a sad day when he leaves without that trophy."

Joey Porter responed by calling him "a first-round bust who barely made some plays this season" and that he was "too soft" to make those comments.

It will be a sad day when he leaves without that trophy though.

Steelers | Porter looking for Stevens on Sunday

Wed, 1 Feb 2006 21:18:27 -0800

Paul Zeise, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl">Pittsburgh Steelers LB Joey Porter is going to look for Seattle Seahawks TE Jerramy Stevens after his comments Tuesday, Jan. 31. Porter said, "Now I'm looking for him on game day; now I'm looking for Stevens. He has to line up in front of me, and that information you gave me just got me started; so I'll be out there looking for him at the 50-yard line. That information will go a long way because he can't hide from me. He has to line up in front of me, and I'll remind him of [what he said] every time I put him on his back." Porter also said that Stevens wasn't good enough to speak about anything and that he hadn't earned the respect of anyone yet. "He hasn't done anything that makes anybody fear him, while Jerome is a Hall of Famer and everybody knows about him. Meanwhile, this guy is almost a first-round bust who barely made some plays this year," said Porter.

Thank God. Thank God.

Something to break up the monotony of droning about "how much respect we have for the opponent" and "what a good team they are". This Super Bowl threatens to be a borefest with its lead-ins about NOTHING.

It is hard to recall a Super Bowl that is so devoid of lead characters and plot-lines. I will grant you that it should always be about the game and about the plays, but to have a two week lead that has been corn pone and cardboard has been sport show hell.

How they are going to do 6 hours of live pre-game for this snorer is beyond me. ABC must be clamoring for some type of rucus to spice this thing up.

Maybe it is me, but this thing is hardly hype worthy.

Archived