Is week 1 a must win

Rhg1084

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

With the Jets brutal schedule to start the season week 1 against Buffalo is a MUST WIN!

IMO, Buffalo is the most improved team in our division. If a team were to unseat NE as the top dog, I think that they might be the ones to do it. This game is much, much tougher to win than people think. 

• Upvote 3

It is if we want to win the division. All of the 1st half of the season games are the most important because this Jet team (sans injuries) is gonna roll in the 2nd half!

If we start out hot SAR 1 will be reminding you all about his prediction of a division title. Gase & GW are gonna do what they have to do each week. This will be the 1st time in YEARS that our offense is game specific. There will be no taking the foot off the gas on offense or defense. These 2 coaches have the same mindset. 

Both sides are right here, but I would have to go with must win.   All 16 games should be the same, but after 5+ years of horrific drafting the Jets are going to have a tough time competing with the other teams in the first 6 games of their schedule. 

My concern about beating the Bills is not overall record, it is just not starting the season 0-5 and having the team get discouraged and distracted.  The Bills obviously think this is a must win game too, because they signed Davis Webb .  

• Upvote 1

No. The Jets can lose 100 - 0 on Sunday and still win the #1 seed in the AFC. People say there is no such thing as a stupid question. Those people are wrong.

It's f'ing week 1 - there is never such a thing as a week 1 must win game. You don't understand what must win means if you would even consider this question seriously. wtf

it  is a game the jets should win-must win game no but if they lose it  will be VERY  concerning.

I am not sold on our coach -he was terrible with Miami no matter how folks are trying to spin it-his record was a losing one and his offense was terrible- many of the same folks that loved bowles and believed in mac's plan and  his drafts-a home game vs and opponent  we should beat in our division will be a good indication of what to expect from this team.

46 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

IMO, Buffalo is the most improved team in our division. If a team were to unseat NE as the top dog, I think that they might be the ones to do it. This game is much, much tougher to win than people think. 

I actually agree with this... partially. The one piece of this that must be considered is Josh Allen.  I liked what Buffalo did this offseason and they had a strong draft as well.  The thing is that Josh Allen is really going to have to prove he is more accurate if they are going to do anything.  I believe he will be a moderately successful QB who will be able to string together some good games, but overall he won't cut the mustard. 

Add to it that Mitch Morse is one head but away from his career being in jeopardy and a lot of what they've done may be for nothing.  That said, I think this game is going to be very tough and I just hope our guys are coming out with a sense of urgency and severity. We will need it to win. Buffalo's D will be happy to punch ya right in the chops. Gotta bring the fight to them. I look for KO to set the tone in the trenches. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I actually agree with this... partially. The one piece of this that must be considered is Josh Allen.  I liked what Buffalo did this offseason and they had a strong draft as well.  The thing is that Josh Allen is really going to have to prove he is more accurate if they are going to do anything.  I believe he will be a moderately successful QB who will be able to string together some good games, but overall he won't cut the mustard. 

Add to it that Mitch Morse is one head but away from his career being in jeopardy and a lot of what they've done may be for nothing.  That said, I think this game is going to be very tough and I just hope our guys are coming out with a sense of urgency and severity. We will need it to win. Buffalo's D will be happy to punch ya right in the chops. Gotta bring the fight to them. I look for KO to set the tone in the trenches. 

Excellent point and I cannot disagree. JA is a question mark. My hope is that he ends up being their weak point and not a strength. He has shown an incredible running ability, if he can combine that with accuracy it would become an unwelcome sight in Jets land. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

They do need this because it’s the easiest game of the first 4-5 games. They need to win as much as they can. I think every game on the the schedule is a must win in some kind of sense but I also don’t think we should panic if we don’t win Game 1. 

realistically you are right but this team needs to get off on a good start.  isn't  week 5 their bye week?  if so they need to be at least 500.  also buffalo is a division game and that will be more important as the season goes on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

With the Jets brutal schedule to start the season week 1 against Buffalo is a MUST WIN!

On paper yes, they need this one bad. If they lose is the season over? No but damn we will certainly all be acting like it is.

• Upvote 2