Have to go to the bathroom at MetLife Stadium? Better off holding it Giants/Jets home ranks among NFL's worst in poll

joewilly12

True story when I had season tickets at the old stadium this guy that used to sit behind us and down a few seats used to carry in gallons of beer in old apple cider jugs.  After he drank the beer he used to sneak piss into the jugs usually in the colder weather when he had a jacket to cover things up. We all used to laugh like hell because we all knew in the immediate area what he was doing. It was actually gross now that you think about it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

True story when I had season tickets at the old stadium this guy that used to sit behind us and down a few seats used to carry in gallons of beer in old apple cider jugs.  After he drank the beer he used to sneak piss into the jugs usually in the colder weather when he had a jacket to cover things up. We all used to laugh like hell because we all knew in the immediate area what he was doing. It was actually gross now that you think about it. 

You had to think about it for that long to realize that was gross? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, joewilly12 said:

No not at all the entire section knew it was gross at the time the guy was an obvious drunk he used to fall asleep during games as well. 

Did he ever wake up and forget that he drank the beer and replaced the beer with his own urine and take a few swigs???

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

So the big city with the big stadium that is #2 in attendance in the entire league and has the most blue collar workers in attendance thinks the bathrooms are no good?  Shocker.

Stop drinking beer.  Watch the game sober.  Problem solved.

SAR I

Sober no....Hammered no...…….I find it best with a slight buzz, enough to take the edge off but not enough to lose touch with the complexities of the game

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Sober no....Hammered no...…….I find it best with a slight buzz, enough to take the edge off but not enough to lose touch with the complexities of the game

That's fine, have a beer at the tailgate and a beer at halftime.  No crime there. 

But I see sooooo many fans downing a 12 pack from 11am to 4pm it's not even funny.  There was a guy so drunk at the Saints game two weeks ago I was literally afraid to go get a Diet Coke because I thought he might grab my 7 year old and throw him off the Mezzanine.  Was literally threatening.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's fine, have a beer at the tailgate and a beer at halftime.  No crime there. 

But I see sooooo many fans downing a 12 pack from 11am to 4pm it's not even funny.  There was a guy so drunk at the Saints game two weeks ago I was literally afraid to go get a Diet Coke because I thought he might grab my 7 year old and throw him off the Mezzanine.  Was literally threatening.

SAR I

Maybe you should hit the gym so that wouldn't happen,JK.. why didn't you report him via the text app on your phone. Thats so uncalled for and the fact that stadium security allows it and if the beer sales serves him in that condition is another issue. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Maybe you should hit the gym so that wouldn't happen,JK.. why didn't you report him via the text app on your phone. Thats so uncalled for and the fact that stadium security allows it and if the beer sales serves him in that condition is another issue. 

He was a guest of the guy who sits directly beside me who I consider a good friend since 2010.  So that wouldn't be cool.  He apologized profusely, won't happen again.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I just hope that when the lease is up the Jets build their own stadium in NY, that is worthy of the team and the city.

While it would be nice, I think it's a silly idea.  Between the NYJ and NYG, they spent $1.5B for total of 16 regular season and (I assume) 4 pre-season home games.  It's not very often that either team has had a home playoff game (certainly not the Jets) so it's likely 20 games per year.  And the pre-season is probably going to be shortened so it might be 18 after next year.

With what they spent, they should've hit an absolute homerun with Metlife Stadium.  Instead they built "meh".

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I just hope that when the lease is up the Jets build their own stadium in NY, that is worthy of the team and the city.

How old will you be in 2040?  Because that's the earliest it could ever happen.

And when the Mara's and the Johnson's run the numbers, sorry, it's never going to happen.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

While it would be nice, I think it's a silly idea.  Between the NYJ and NYG, they spent $1.5B for total of 16 regular season and (I assume) 4 pre-season home games.  It's not very often that either team has had a home playoff game (certainly not the Jets) so it's likely 20 games per year.  And the pre-season is probably going to be shortened so it might be 18 after next year.

With what they spent, they should've hit an absolute homerun with Metlife Stadium.  Instead they built "meh".

This.

And the fact that the area has so many venues for concerts and sporting events, it just makes no sense to have two NFL sized stadiums in NYC.  Let's see, if the Jets had their own joint:

21,000 Madison Square Garden
19,500 Prudential Center
20,000 Islanders Arena
19,000 Barclay Center
60,000 Yankee Stadium
60,000 CitiField
25,000 Red Bull Stadium
82,500 NFC Football Stadium
78,000 Jets NY Football Stadium
________

385,000 Seats

For the handful of meaningful concerts or basketball tournaments coming through town we'd have more seats begging for attention on any given day than the entire population of New Orleans, Louisiana.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

yea that's no good......unfortunately in football you are always gona have those guys. At least this isn't Buffalo where it literally all of the guys

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Been around. MetLife is not the best but far from the worst as well. I think it’s a decent stadium but sure not a top 10 one. Ny is different. You can’t put it smack in downtown. As much as we complain our little swamp in NJ is a good location 

I have done my business in a hole in the floor of a moving train in China and in vomit-filled squat toilets in Tokyo.  Heck, back in the day at Rams games in the Los Angeles Colosseum the communal urinals were overflowing and reeking before half-time.  I do not fear Met Life's toilets.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Dis. Guss. Ting. 

SAR I

The stadium sucks ass. Just be real about it. They ****ed up. I get why a PSL holder would be like “actually this generic concrete sh*thole is good enough,” but that’s just because you got snookered on your investment. Sorry you bought a Betamax, my dudes, but it sucks and everyone knows it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Dis. Guss. Ting. 

SAR I

Truly foul. Imagine sitting in a section where someone is literally defecating into a plastic jug and you—like a hobo—think it’s amusing. They should seat “fans” like this in the basement next to the boiler and pray their CPAP machines crap out on them so you can sell their seats to civilized people and not those from, say, East Islip or The Oranges.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Truly foul. Imagine sitting in a section where someone is literally defecating into a plastic jug and you—like a hobo—thinks it’s amusing. They should seat “fans” like this in the basement next to the boiler and pray their CPAP machines crap out on them so you can sell their seats to civilized people and not those from, say, East Islip or The Oranges.

Actually I think the guy was from Staten Island. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

So the big city with the big stadium that is #2 in attendance in the entire league and has the most blue collar workers in attendance thinks the bathrooms are no good?  Shocker.

Stop drinking beer.  Watch the game sober.  Problem solved.

SAR I

I tried to watch a jets game sober once. It lasted about a qtr.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Granted it was like in 2010, but when I traveled out to the New Orleans game, they had those urinal troughs...
240px-Urinal_3.jpg&key=331fc77896aff25b391f3032947d609e840bb2ac628cacc808de41b23ca197da
Drunk dudes peeing on each other.
MetLife has plenty of bathrooms n always clean from my experience.  Massive upgrade over Midget Stadium.
I'm happy with 'em.
I have no idea why I laughed as hard as I did at this comment

Sent from my SM-T510 using JetNation.com mobile app

On 9/3/2019 at 3:02 PM, Mike135 said:

Granted it was like in 2010, but when I traveled out to the New Orleans game, they had those urinal troughs...

240px-Urinal_3.jpg

Drunk dudes peeing on each other.

MetLife has plenty of bathrooms n always clean from my experience.  Massive upgrade over Midget Stadium.

I'm happy with 'em.

Number of years ago I went to the Indy 500 just to say I'd done it. The men's room there was basically a big circular trough like this, where if you looked up you were either staring into the eyes or crotch of the 10-15 guys across from you. Joewilly's wet dream.

I swear the deeper you get into fly over states and their whole "Cowboy up", what "real men" do mentality, the more they just like to look at each other's tiny puds. They go out of their way to erode any sense of privacy in a locker room... the showers and urinals are the modern day Roman bath house. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2019 at 5:14 PM, joewilly12 said:

It's odd that only now, you think it's gross. Like it had never occurred to you prior?

On 9/3/2019 at 6:20 PM, joewilly12 said:

@SAR Iafter hitting said gym, please post shirtless pics. Asking for a friend.