Goff signs a ridiculous contract

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The league needs to exempt QB contracts from counting against the cap because it incapacitates teams forced to pay still-developing QBs top dollar. Or, they need to crack down on the Pats paying Brady under the table. One or the other.

Or the Johnsons need to get their heads out of their asses and do the same thing. NY and LA are the biggest financial market so there’s plenty of ways to get extra money to players. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Or the Johnsons need to get their heads out of their asses and do the same thing. NY and LA are the biggest financial market so there’s plenty of ways to get extra money to players. 

Goodell would contract the Jets franchise if it tried to circumvent the cap to pay Darnold. Kraft and Jerry Jones are the two guys keeping Goodell from ending up like Sal Tessio so he takes care of both those turds so he doesn’t sleep with the fishes.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

4 for $134m.. I mean the guy needs mcvay hold his hand the whole game. Sam is gonna command $40m a year a couple years from now

Which is why you gotta win with your guy on rookie contract... or cheat and send a bunch of money under the table to your QB’s nutrition company with a handshake deal to pay him after he retires under a “personal services contract.” But I can’t think of any franchise that would sink so low (outside the AFC East).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This league prints money. It's nice to see the players start to get some of it. Hopefully these QB deals become the tide that lifts all boats, and the owners have to raise the salary cap high enough to pay everyone. If ever there was a sport that needed an economic upheaval it's this one. I can't believe it's the only sport with non guaranteed contracts.

You do realize that means it will cost us more right? Athletes, musicians and actors are the most overpaid and useless members of society.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This league prints money. It's nice to see the players start to get some of it. Hopefully these QB deals become the tide that lifts all boats, and the owners have to raise the salary cap high enough to pay everyone. If ever there was a sport that needed an economic upheaval it's this one. I can't believe it's the only sport with non guaranteed contracts.

Do you realize how salary caps work?

all this does is make the rest of the team poorer. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Eliminating the cap should help the big market teams but not going to happen.  

Why would owners raise the salary cap?  

They certainty will not. But it’s the only way to change this. But you’re right, this is the new normal.

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

They certainty will not. But it’s the only way to change this. But you’re right, this is the new normal.

If they go to 18 games I could see the owners raising the cap percentage a small amount. 

I actually think some qb are going to take less in their third contract to win. 

• Upvote 1