Rhg1084

Goff signs a ridiculous contract

4 for $134m.. I mean the guy needs mcvay hold his hand the whole game. Sam is gonna command $40m a year a couple years from now

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Welcome to the future decline of the NFL. There’s no way they can continue this trend. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The league needs to exempt QB contracts from counting against the cap because it incapacitates teams forced to pay still-developing QBs top dollar. Or, they need to crack down on the Pats paying Brady under the table. One or the other.

Or the Johnsons need to get their heads out of their asses and do the same thing. NY and LA are the biggest financial market so there’s plenty of ways to get extra money to players. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thats what you pay to keep a good, young qb.  Not surprising.  In 3 years that will be a good contract.

In 3 years he’ll be 28 years old and gearing up for a $200m extension probably 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Or the Johnsons need to get their heads out of their asses and do the same thing. NY and LA are the biggest financial market so there’s plenty of ways to get extra money to players. 

Goodell would contract the Jets franchise if it tried to circumvent the cap to pay Darnold. Kraft and Jerry Jones are the two guys keeping Goodell from ending up like Sal Tessio so he takes care of both those turds so he doesn’t sleep with the fishes.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

WTF is Pat Mahomes gonna get after back to back MVP’s?  40?

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Mahomes will get 5 year 200 mill easy when he's up. 

Ninja’d

10 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Mahomes will get 5 year 200 mill easy when he's up. 

He'll get more then that, and he'll get it before his contract is up.

Those fools overpaid Gurley as well.  A guy with an arthritic knee.  You'd think they would learn.  Goff shouldn't have gotten more than $30M per year TOPS in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

In 3 years he’ll be 28 years old and gearing up for a $200m extension probably 

It was an extension.  Hes now locked up through 2024.  So basically hes under contract for the next 6 seasons.  Like I said in 3 years it will be a great deal.

32 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

4 for $134m.. I mean the guy needs mcvay hold his hand the whole game. Sam is gonna command $40m a year a couple years from now

Which is why you gotta win with your guy on rookie contract... or cheat and send a bunch of money under the table to your QB’s nutrition company with a handshake deal to pay him after he retires under a “personal services contract.” But I can’t think of any franchise that would sink so low (outside the AFC East).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Larz said:

Now that luck broke the ice you have to wonder how many of these guys have an 8 year plan now 

retire at 30 with a mountain of cash and more importantly a body healthy enough to grow old with 

Especially for a QB since they’re not allowed to be hit. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This league prints money. It's nice to see the players start to get some of it. Hopefully these QB deals become the tide that lifts all boats, and the owners have to raise the salary cap high enough to pay everyone. If ever there was a sport that needed an economic upheaval it's this one. I can't believe it's the only sport with non guaranteed contracts.

You do realize that means it will cost us more right? Athletes, musicians and actors are the most overpaid and useless members of society.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Goodell would contract the Jets franchise if it tried to circumvent the cap to pay Darnold. Kraft and Jerry Jones are the two guys keeping Goodell from ending up like Sal Tessio so he takes care of both those turds so he doesn’t sleep with the fishes.

Kraft is a lot better at it. 

There are 100 possible paths to a SB title. 95 of them start with an elite QB. 

The only way to fix it is to remove salary caps completely. Otherwise, elite QBs will forever cannibalize most of it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This league prints money. It's nice to see the players start to get some of it. Hopefully these QB deals become the tide that lifts all boats, and the owners have to raise the salary cap high enough to pay everyone. If ever there was a sport that needed an economic upheaval it's this one. I can't believe it's the only sport with non guaranteed contracts.

Do you realize how salary caps work?

all this does is make the rest of the team poorer. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

Do you realize how salary caps work?

all this does is make the rest of the team poorer. 

Exactly. Raise the salary cap, 70% of the increase will go to QBs anyways time to eliminate cap.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Exactly. Raise the salary cap, 70% of the increase will go to QBs anyways time to eliminate cap.

Eliminating the cap should help the big market teams but not going to happen.  

Why would owners raise the salary cap?  

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Eliminating the cap should help the big market teams but not going to happen.  

Why would owners raise the salary cap?  

They certainty will not. But it’s the only way to change this. But you’re right, this is the new normal.

I guess the Rams weren't paying attention during the Super Bowl. Kid looked like he saw a ghost. Any semblance of a real QB and the Rams win the SB. This contract is insane and they will not be too happy after this year.

LL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

I can only pray that Darnold is so awesome that he’s able to command $40m per.

• Like 1
  • Post of the Week 2

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

They certainty will not. But it’s the only way to change this. But you’re right, this is the new normal.

If they go to 18 games I could see the owners raising the cap percentage a small amount. 

I actually think some qb are going to take less in their third contract to win. 

• Upvote 1

The Achilles heel of football is that the QB position ha gotten so complex and is so difficult that only 15 people on the planet can do it well. One position has basically become the key success factor of a “team sport.”

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

If they go to 18 games I could see the owners raising the cap percentage a small amount. 

I actually think some qb are going to take less in their third contract to win. 

Would luck have taken less money to have a better ol?